OOS12 Do Not Disturb Broken? Need to have 10 gigs storage free for accounts sync?

Search This thread

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi everyone. Been on OOS12 for about 2 months now. Currently on c33 build. While I'm generally pleased, there are a few bugs that are bringing me down.

1) Do not disturb. I can toggle it and it shows. I've gone through the setting a hundred times. No matter what I do, when enabled, I still get audio alerts as well as vibration just like if it's off.

I did not do a factory reset when coming from OOS11. I really don't want the hassle of doing that only to find out that the bug is still there. Anyone comment on this?

2) Requirement of 10 gigs of storage to be free for 'accounts' to sync. Admittedly, I am a data boarder. That said, I usually have ~4 gigs of free space left on my phone at any given moment. When I upgraded to OOS12, I soon realized that accounts I have, like Google, or Samsung for my watch 4, weren't syncing. So, Gmail's won't come through, calendar wouldn't sync. Frustrated, I searched for answers and in the OnePlus forums, I found someone with the issue with a claim that you need at least 10 gigs of storage space free for sync to work. After painstakingly deleting music and other media, I eventually freed up some space. As soon as I had over 10 gigs of storage space free, Gmail's began to pour in again. I'd really like to use that 10 gigs of space that I'm unable to use anymore. Anyone else?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
You should have a minimum of 20gb free space on internal memory. That's one reason why I always use a device with expandable storage.
I don't know, stuff some stuff in the cloud or a OTG flashstick...

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
You should have a minimum of 20gb free space on internal memory. That's one reason why I always use a device with expandable storage.
Fair. If only OnePlus would sell me a phone with more than 256 gigs...sigh.

Agree on phones with external memory. I'm eyeing the Sony Xperia 5 IV for this very reason.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Agree on phones with external memory. I'm eyeing the Sony Xperia 5 IV for this very reason.
256gb isn't bad, I run about 90gb on internal and 453gb on the SD card currently. Only apps, the DCIM and download folders go on internal. My one N10+ has 500gb internal but try loading 400gb when you reload, takes forever. A lot easier to slam in a loaded SD card and use it to load all the apps from instead of Playstore. All contacts too and any apps that have backup support like Poweramp. The database is already loaded on the card. Makes setup a lot easier.

Get the Note 10+ if you don't mind no 5G or a variable refresh rate trade off for one of the best displays there is, even today. I don't like any of the new Samsung's but they got it near perfect with the N10+. It's a beast that runs like a bat out of hell... forget that's it's 3 years old. It rocks.
One can be had at a good price now too.

Nikos2k

Aug 15, 2008
Hi everyone. Been on OOS12 for about 2 months now. Currently on c33 build. While I'm generally pleased, there are a few bugs that are bringing me down.

1) Do not disturb. I can toggle it and it shows. I've gone through the setting a hundred times. No matter what I do, when enabled, I still get audio alerts as well as vibration just like if it's off.

I did not do a factory reset when coming from OOS11. I really don't want the hassle of doing that only to find out that the bug is still there. Anyone comment on this?

DND does not work on my device either

And 12.1 (C.35 build) didn't fix it

Nikos2k

Aug 15, 2008
I'm so upset by it that I didn't even try to see if it was fixed on c.35. This is now how I manage my expectations with OnePlus.

Out of curiosity, is your c.35 a clean flash from a wipe/reset or a gradual upgrade like me?

It's a gradual upgrade like yours
(but with the full 4gb file, as it's rooted and ota differential upgrades do not work)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.