General OOS12 is the worst OOS ever

Search This thread

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
For what it's worth, OOS 11 did not give me the performance on the 5G Network that OOS 12 is giving me now.

OOS 11 I simply edited the policy restrictions in order to access the 5G cell towers and the download speeds were 50% slower than a comparable 5G capable handset (iPhone 13 pro max, Motorola Razr 5G, One+ 8T 5G). Even after unlocking the bootloader, rooting and reapplying the modified policy restriction.xml the One+ 9 Pro on the OOS 11 had poor 5G download speed.

OOS 12 with unlocked bootloader, rooted, and using 5G switch (playstore app) the 5G download speeds improved greatly. I would say they are 50% faster than same handset on OOS 11. I cannot access engineering mode and therefore modify the policy restriction.xml file like on OOS 11, but given the faster download speeds I'll take it for now. For what it's worth, 5G switch would not work on OOS 11.

Another great option that OOS 12 has is a separate volume level for Ringtone and Text Tone. I NEED to be able to hear my text tone alert (which is usually a very short burst) all the while keeping the volume of the ring tone down so that I can take my time to analyze who is calling without disturbing those around me. OOS 11 combines ring tone and text tone under one forced volume setting, which blows imho.

I personally don't find the interfaces of the two much different, and cannot say that I have noticed any real speed differences or battery consumption pros and cons. I do like the graphical design of OOS 11 over OOS 12, but that can be improved by using different Launchers if that is your thing.

Cheers
Honestly I don't see why OOS11 gets love over OOS12. It runs slower out of the box because of TPD throttling on most common apps, 5G is much more finicky, battery life is worse, etc.

I don't have many complaints about OOS12 honestly. It's not perfect but it's not anywhere near as bad as everyone tries to make it out to be. I flashed every custom ROM that was available for my 9 early last month and I also tried COS C.62 and I went right back to C.48 because of issues ranging from weaker signal on custom ROMs (confirmed by actual signal readings, which on average, were 10dB lower on a custom ROM than OOS12) to UI stutter and a bunch of minor annoyances in-between like the finger print sensor overlay being in the wrong place.

Rooted C.48 global has so far been the best experience for this phone for me and while I haven't tried Nameless that everyone seems to love as it wasn't an option at the time, I don't think I'm going to go through the hassle of going back to a custom ROM.

Reactions: LuckyTheCoder

nabril15

Hi
I'm new to this forum as I just received my op9P after using a rooted op7p for 2 years.
Mine is on version C63, and I'm getting ready to unlock the bootloader and root. I came across this thread, and I'm wondering if I should go back to 11 C.48.

I downloaded oxygen updater, and it also says that I'm on the latest at C63, but I've read that C64 is out for my LE2125 device.
Should I go to 11 c48? Or update mine to C48 and how?

thanks

Reactions: galaxys

LuckyTheCoder

Jul 7, 2018
Hi
I'm new to this forum as I just received my op9P after using a rooted op7p for 2 years.
Mine is on version C63, and I'm getting ready to unlock the bootloader and root. I came across this thread, and I'm wondering if I should go back to 11 C.48.

I downloaded oxygen updater, and it also says that I'm on the latest at C63, but I've read that C64 is out for my LE2125 device.

thanks
I'd either stay on the latest version of OOS12 (as it performs better and has up-to-date security patches) or go with an AOSP based rom, such as Nameless (based off Android 13).

nabril15

I'd either stay on the latest version of OOS12 (as it performs better and has up-to-date security patches) or go with an AOSP based rom, such as Nameless (based off Android 13).
thank you
I'm just trying to confirm if C63 or C64 is the latest for my device.
Strangely, "Software Update" appears disabled on my phone after a factory reset. If I press the enable button, a pop up shows "App enabled" but the Enabled button remains able to be pressed. So maybe I'm not really updating or attempting to.
And, I haven't inserted the SIM card yet because I'm not quite ready to switch phones just yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Basically, it just changed the user interface of Coloros 12 to OOS12, which is a completely different system compared to the previous OOS, and within half an hour after I updated to OOS12, I was back to OOS11. It's a complete waste of time
    Buyer beware - the latest OTA for OOS 12 comes with (apparently) an encrypted-ish bootloader that refuses to boot patched/rooted kernels or recoveries. I learned this the hard way on my 8t. So if you want keep root, it's MSM and custom ROM time.

Nothing new and nothing to be worried about. You need to disable boot verification by flashing a blank Vbmeta.img, and after that everything works like it's out of the box.
    Hi

thanks
    For what it's worth, OOS 11 did not give me the performance on the 5G Network that OOS 12 is giving me now.

OOS 11 I simply edited the policy restrictions in order to access the 5G cell towers and the download speeds were 50% slower than a comparable 5G capable handset (iPhone 13 pro max, Motorola Razr 5G, One+ 8T 5G). Even after unlocking the bootloader, rooting and reapplying the modified policy restriction.xml the One+ 9 Pro on the OOS 11 had poor 5G download speed.

OOS 12 with unlocked bootloader, rooted, and using 5G switch (playstore app) the 5G download speeds improved greatly. I would say they are 50% faster than same handset on OOS 11. I cannot access engineering mode and therefore modify the policy restriction.xml file like on OOS 11, but given the faster download speeds I'll take it for now. For what it's worth, 5G switch would not work on OOS 11.

Another great option that OOS 12 has is a separate volume level for Ringtone and Text Tone. I NEED to be able to hear my text tone alert (which is usually a very short burst) all the while keeping the volume of the ring tone down so that I can take my time to analyze who is calling without disturbing those around me. OOS 11 combines ring tone and text tone under one forced volume setting, which blows imho.

I personally don't find the interfaces of the two much different, and cannot say that I have noticed any real speed differences or battery consumption pros and cons. I do like the graphical design of OOS 11 over OOS 12, but that can be improved by using different Launchers if that is your thing.

Cheers
    Any way to downgrade 12 to 11 ? Or i need to root and go for custom firmware?