Question OOS12 & YouTube Vanced

Search This thread

the bolt of thunder

Jun 15, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey y'all. After updated to OOS12 I can't get YouTube Vanced to install.

I get error saying "installation failed because user tried to downgrade the package. Uninstall updates from stock app and try again."

In the stock YouTube app info I don't see a way to uninstall updates anymore. Has anyone experienced something similar?
I have root and am trying to use root version.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro

I get error saying "installation failed because user tried to downgrade the package. Uninstall updates from stock app and try again."

In the stock YouTube app info I don't see a way to uninstall updates anymore. Has anyone experienced something similar?
Don't use as root. Clear app data/cache and click nonroot as the option. Deny root privileges if it asks. Root never seemed to work for me.

ptr21

Sep 7, 2016
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3

Sorry, offtopic, but can you share how you did root Oos12.
Thanks in advance.

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro

I use debloater magisk module to delete YouTube so that I can use the root install method for Vanced. Working fine on OOS12.

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.youtube

and then
install vanced manager
install vanced microg
install vanced youtube

setting
done

make vanced microg work backgroud
This should work great if you want the non-root Vanced installation.

For root installation, in the past the adb uninstall method didn't work, it would still give the error about having a newer version installed, even if it wasn't enabled for the user account. That behavior may have changed since the last time I tried..? Did this work for you with root installation?

Also microg isn't needed for the root method.

HessNL

Reactions: AndréMW71

WARTHOG1967

Aug 14, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
This should work great if you want the non-root Vanced installation.

For root installation, in the past the adb uninstall method didn't work, it would still give the error about having a newer version installed, even if it wasn't enabled for the user account. That behavior may have changed since the last time I tried..? Did this work for you with root installation?

Also microg isn't needed for the root method.

You can use pm disable-user instead of pm uninstall.

adb shell pm disable-user com.google.android.youtube

OOS12 doesn't seem to allow non-root uninstallation, but you should be able to play from vanced by clicking the link.

ezpz.MiDAS

Nov 3, 2019
Why jump through all these hoops to do a simple thing? Get the Vanced beta manager from the beta channel. Then you can install the root version straight away as it's running 16.49.37

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go into about, tap 5 times in the empty space to unlock dev mode. Go into settings > cogwheel (upper right corner) > change channel to "https://api.vancedapp.com/api/beta" > update the manager > update YouTube.
    adb shell
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.youtube

and then
    install vanced manager
    install vanced microg
    install vanced youtube

setting
    done

make vanced microg work backgroud

Don't use as root. Clear app data/cache and click nonroot as the option. Deny root privileges if it asks. Root never seemed to work for me.

I use debloater magisk module to delete YouTube so that I can use the root install method for Vanced. Working fine on OOS12.
    Sorry, offtopic, but can you share how you did root Oos12.
    Thanks in advance.
    I installed magisk alpha then rebooted. I then installed the full OTA .zip. Flashed magisk to inactive slot. I came from A11 already rooted.