OP Updated [ROM] Galaxy Exhibit/Exhibit II RebelROM 3.1[ICS hybrid, LITE and SMOOTH]

Search This thread

phychmasher

Aug 10, 2012
After trying all the variations of JB we have, I ended up back on RebelRom. It's just so much faster. Even with my Phone OC'd like crazy, it still was too sluggish on any JB ROM.

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
After trying all the variations of JB we have, I ended up back on RebelRom. It's just so much faster. Even with my Phone OC'd like crazy, it still was too sluggish on any JB ROM.

Precisely the same boat I am in. I tried all of the ICS and JB ROMs, and every single one of them either stuttered or lagged, or completely froze and rebooted at random.

RebelROM 3.1 is the most stable, quick ROM I have seen for this phone yet.

Only thing I could possibly think to improve would be an OC'able kernel.

Still, nine-out-of-ten ain't bad.

hatememarkz

Sep 24, 2012
tallahasseee
For those complaining about speed on jb compared to GB are ur phones fairly new an I hate this ROM I hate Baked in v6 because u can't change settings depending on ur use

DA Beanz Boi

liquidnails

Jan 1, 2012
College Station
@liquidnails: Did you wipe cache in CWM before installing the file?

Yes I forgot to update my post. After wipeing cache again and a fix permissions, its now working. But one thing I noticed it that all calls when on wifi calling automatically route to speaker phone and I haven't been able to change this. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

linsalata28

Dec 25, 2010
Rio Grande
I installed this on a friends phone after a full wipe and followed the instructions from the op and everything seems to work except I can't download anything. It either says I'm in offline mode or there is not enough storage. Any idea what would cause this? I'm using cwm 6.0.2.5 if that matters.
THANKS IN ADVANCE for any help.

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using Tapatalk 2

liquidnails

Jan 1, 2012
College Station
I installed this on a friends phone after a full wipe and followed the instructions from the op and everything seems to work except I can't download anything. It either says I'm in offline mode or there is not enough storage. Any idea what would cause this? I'm using cwm 6.0.2.5 if that matters.
THANKS IN ADVANCE for any help.

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using Tapatalk 2

Well I would start by booting into cwm and wiping cache and run a fix permissions. If that does not work then I would re download the ROM and start over.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
I have now tried every single other available ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II, and this is the ONLY one that doesn't FC, doesn't freeze when I boot it up, and runs all of my apps.

It's really disappointing that none of the other ones work even close to as well as this one does.

On the original post, it says that an OC'able kernel is in the works. That is the one and only thing that this ROM needs. The only reason I even try any of the others is because I really want to be able to overclock, so GTA Vice City runs more smoothly.

But, if that's the only thing missing, this is definitely the absolute best ROM for the Galaxy Exhibit.

I am not exactly a noob at this, but I am not an expert, either. Is it really difficult to write a custom kernel that would allow overclocking? Not asking anyone to hold my hand or spoon-feed me, but if someone can point me in the right direction, I'll do all the gruntwork and see if I can make one.

Reactions: Erik_Sandoval

theAPANT

Feb 26, 2012
I have now tried every single other available ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II, and this is the ONLY one that doesn't FC, doesn't freeze when I boot it up, and runs all of my apps.

It's really disappointing that none of the other ones work even close to as well as this one does.

On the original post, it says that an OC'able kernel is in the works. That is the one and only thing that this ROM needs. The only reason I even try any of the others is because I really want to be able to overclock, so GTA Vice City runs more smoothly.

But, if that's the only thing missing, this is definitely the absolute best ROM for the Galaxy Exhibit.

I am not exactly a noob at this, but I am not an expert, either. Is it really difficult to write a custom kernel that would allow overclocking? Not asking anyone to hold my hand or spoon-feed me, but if someone can point me in the right direction, I'll do all the gruntwork and see if I can make one.

Well this is a port ROM, so you will have to get kernel source from open source Samsung website. Set up Linux will java and tool chain and all that good stuff. Then commands are something like
make ancora_tmo_defconfig
make menuconfig
Change CPU min and max
Save config file
make -j3 ARCH=arm

It should make a zImage then you put that into any kernel tool and flash

BTW when i do it, the build just stops, it doesn't error so i don't know how to fix it, but i only tried once.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ReikiDraven

theAPANT

Feb 26, 2012
OK i got a zimage to build, first i was using ndk tool chain, than i just opened the readme and used whatever it recommended. Its really straight forward, the readme tells you everything you need to know. I haven't flashed it yet but i might soon.

To anyone, who knows, how can you hard brick a phone?

Edit: flashing using anykernel and the zimage doesn't work

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RebelROM 3.0.9:

SamsungExhibitII4G.jpg

(Widget is Beautiful Widget with ICS theme, and Text on icons in dock is disabled in Xperia S launcher preferences)

Download:

Report bugs:
    here http://code.google.com/p/rebel-rom/issues/list

Features:
    Ported from Galaxy W by me :D
    XXLM6 brings updated Samsung lockscreen, Face unlock, performance, stability increases and android 2.3.6

Features kept from Black Notes Hybrid:
    • ICS Framework
    • ICS google music
    • ICS MODDED APPs (Browser, Gallery, MyFiles, Video Player, Voice Rec)
    • Worldwide APN list
    • Bravia Engine
    • Extended Power Menu
    • V6 Supercharged installed (Super UL, Bullet Proof, Nitro Lag, 100% charged)
    • Derek Gordon GPS Optimization with AGPS Patch (Worldwide)

Other features of Rebel ROM:
    • OTA updatable
    • Barebone with barely any trace of TouchWiz interface
    • ICS theme based on ICE DARK S theme thanks to ibanez7 (Great Job!) modified by me and camcory (camcory mostly :D )
    • CM9 Background in apps (settings, etc) http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1042532&d=1336233402
    • CM7 DSP manager
    • Adfree host file
    • ICS themed XPERIA S launcher
    • ICS keyboard
    • ICS google music player and ICS calculator
    • ICS wallpaper Selector
    • ICS clock
    • Lidroid customization notification toggles
    • Sqlite,App Process(Improves Performance) & System Server( Improves Scrolling) From ICS
    • Jocala's Kernel (thanks!)
    • Debloated
    • AOSP 2.3.7 Calender and Deskclock
    • Rooted
    • Busybox
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Has task killer tweaks
    • optimized memory
    • build.prop tweaks
    • Roboto font
    • Touchscreen more accurate
    • CRT off
    • 1% battery meter
    • Battery percentage notification popups removed

Bugs:

Working:
    • Almost EVERYTHING

Not working:
    • Flashlight toggle in notification pull down. Working LED flashlight app included (smart flashlight)

Screenshots:
    http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/14745788/1/RebelROM?h=8c4dce (thanks Camcory for most screenshots :D)

Coming soon:
    • XXLM8 Galaxy W updated base
    • More tweaks performance and visual
    • Custom Kernel with tweaks and OCable

Install:
    1. If on RebelROM < or = 2.1(or any 2.3.5 Exhibit II rom, or stock) FULL WIPE is recommended! 3.0 brings some major changes
    2. Install CWM
    3. Backup apps with titanium backup or similar
    4. Make a nandroid backup in CWM
    5. Wipe data, cache,system etc
    6. Install rom in CWM
    7. Reboot and enjoy

Change log:

RebelROM 3.0.9:
    • Includes Jocalas latest kernel (1.8) Thanks jocala for all your work!
    • Battery percentage popups removed
    • Smart flashlight app included in /data/app for easy removal if not wanted (working led flashlight)
    • Screen capture fixed

RebelROM 3.0.8 By Camcory:
    • Theme and other fixes.

RebelROM 3.0.6 Milestone 2a:
    • Some more theme fixes..

RebelROM 3.0.6 Milestone 2:
    • Theme fixed 100% (I think) thanks toibanez7's theme "Ice Dark S" which helped me fix up RebelROM's theme.
    • OTA updater (update me) Integrated into Settings.apk, so it wont be in app drawer, check settings for "Update ROM"
    • Lidroid (14 toggles) removed for now, will properly implement it soon.
    • Call log FC fixed.

RebelROM 3.0.5 Beta 4
    • Some theme fixes (thanks Camcory!)
    • Model # should be fixed (From Galaxy W's to Exhibit II's)

RebelROM 3.0.4 Milestone 1
    ALOT! Check http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=26428206&postcount=339 thats 3.0 Beta 2 features
    Milestone 1 also has OTA update ability, Stock Exhibit II camera App with ICS icon, ICS theme Domination by Vertimus, ported by camcory etc

RebelROM 2.1
    • CRT off
    • 1% battery meter
    • ICS transition animations
    • More apps themed
    • New messaging app

RebelROM 2.0
    • Bravia Engine
    • ICS app_process, system_server and sqlite to improve performance
    • Dialer themed
    • Some ICS icons

RebelROM 1.4
    • Everything working
    • Added AOSP music player (or was it cm7 :p i forget)
    • DSP manager from CM7
    • ICS message app added
    • Added App Process(Improves Performance) & System Server( Improves Scrolling) From ICS
    • and some other stuff i forget

RC1:
    Camera,kies and accelerometer fix

Beta 2:
    • Wifi FIXED
    • ICS themed XPERIA launcher
    • Messaging,Email and calender all replaced with AOSP apps
    • ICS themed music player and ICS calculator (more apps to be themed soon)

• Credits:
      [*]Camcory - Tester, and helped ALOT especially with theme, + Worked on update well i was away, 3.0.8 includes theme fix and more.
      [*]jocala- For everything he has done for the Galaxy Exhibit.
      [*]Philhull - Testers, helped alot as well
      [*]dennis96411 - Tester and helped get logcats etc :D
      [*]Zenpit - Tester, and also helped get logcats, also may be making custom boot animation and logo for rebelROM.com
      [*]aznrunner1881 - Tester :D
      [*]adamwardw3 - Tester and some screenshots
      Also of course thanks again to anyone involved in the Dev work above!

[*]Donations to put towards phone:
      [*]famous26 - $5
      [*]Niya Lee -$30 thank you so much
      [*]Simon Chung - $10
      [*]camcory - $10
      [*]jwsm - $10
      [*]Thank you all!! :D
      [*]
    I have $45 in serve.com $30 from other things, i putting all that towards getting an exhibit ii though
    3.0 Beta 2

How to install :
    (thanks robsaw for instructions)
    Follow this to get a well functioning RebelROM

Download:

1. First of all, install ClockworkMod Recovery for this phone:
    See this post - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...09&postcount=4

2. Install RebelROM 3.0.7
    • Copy 3.0.7 and 3.1 ROMs onto sdcard
    • Boot into CWM
    • WIPE everything in CWM (ROM, Data, Cache - before flashing the new ROM)
    • Flash ROM 3.0.7
    • Reboot
    • When it reboots, skip the first setup message that appears and use the powerbutton to reboot back into CWM

3. Install RebelROM 3.1 overtop of 3.0.7
    • From CWM
    • Do NOT WIPE ANYTHING
    • Flash 3.1
    • Reboot and you are done
    I will work on 3.2 eventually that will fix this, and be one zip

Tips and how to's :

Use this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1451712 for general discussion about rebelROM

Previous stable release:
    RebelROM 2.1 http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Samsung_Exhibit_II_Developers/bpear96/RebelROM/Stable/

RebelROM 3.0 Milestone 1
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...evelopers/bpear96/RebelROM/Stable/Milestones/
    RebelRom 3.0.7

Ok here it is RebelRom 3.0.7 with fixes,Galaxy Exhibit splash,working update in settings. I first wiped usb in settings to clear out any junk. Then ROM wipe and wipe dalvik cache in CWM. Flash ROM takes a bit of time at startup. Just to be perfectly clear I am not trying to hijack this ROM it is bpears baby I had nothing to do in the development and porting of this ROM we should all give him a big thanks and I know in time he will be back to give us more goodies. Enjoy. Download
    We're funny enough to get rid of disrespectful people.
    Now focus on development.

Sent from my X8 using Forum Runner
    Thread reopened after cleaning.
    One user is banned. Flaming others and spamming the board isn't the most clever idea.