[OP3/3T] Flashable Firmware+Modem ZIPs

Search This thread

hearthacker1

Aug 4, 2018
I am on skydragon os Android 9 OnePlus 3.
I want to switch to evolution x 3.5 Android 10 ROM.
So how do I update to the latest firmware?
I have the OnePlus 3 9.0.6 firmware..
I want to know the exact steps to switch to evolution x 3.5 and updating to the latest firmware.

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
I am on skydragon os Android 9 OnePlus 3.
I want to switch to evolution x 3.5 Android 10 ROM.
So how do I update to the latest firmware?
I have the OnePlus 3 9.0.6 firmware..
I want to know the exact steps to switch to evolution x 3.5 and updating to the latest firmware.
Do a backuo before, if ypu flash this FW.zip, your /userdata partition (data + internal memory) will be erased, you can flash @nvertigo67 modded FIRMWARE to avoid it

Flash Evolution X 3.5 formating DATA (your /userdata partition (data + internal memory) will be erased) then

Last edited:

sam 4x

Jun 28, 2013
I've suddenly lost Volte on OP3 running Havoc 3.1. will re flashing firmware+modem solve the issue ?

mojo_ojoj

Apr 21, 2012
OnePlus 8T
My wifi drops and cant show available networks within 10feet from the router and when it connects, it has a weak signal then, later on, will drop the connection after several minutes. This all happen after I flash the Stable 9.0.6 using TWRP. What can I do to revert it?

Using oneplus3 with evox 4.1 rom.

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: pratyush28

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
My wifi drops and cant show available networks within 10feet from the router and when it connects, it has a weak signal then, later on, will drop the connection after several minutes. This all happen after I flash the Stable 9.0.6 using TWRP. What can I do to revert it?

Thank you in advance!

Reflash the firmware + clean flash

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
I already tried that, clean format then reflash firmware (either stock OP3 firmware or custom fw. :crying:
Did you try to flash stock OOS and test if your problem persist?
Did you experience this problem with another custom ROM?

Okay, I've read you posted it... hardware issue?
Try to connect via WI- FI in another place: friend's house or family's house

Last edited:

mojo_ojoj

Apr 21, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Did you try to flash stock OOS and test if your problem persist?
Did you experience this problem with another custom ROM?

Okay, I've read you posted it... hardware issue?
Try to connect via WI- FI in another place: friend's house or family's house

Yes, I'm also having the same problem with stock OOS. I've tried connecting to different WiFi networks and still the same. It all started after I flash the stable Stable9.0.6 Firmware+Modem_OnePlus3.zip without knowing that you need to have Qualcomm as your phone driver and it's not in the instructions. Sadness.

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
OnePlus 8T

Thank you in advance!
I have a very similar problem and i haven't been able to fix it since past 2 years..Mine will only drop if im on custom roms and will work perfectly fine if im on OOS. It will randomly drop and then reconnect almost immediately. Just because of this bug im stuck on oos roms since forver. Please let me know if you find a fix I've tried everything i could but my wifi always drops on all custom roms.

I have a 3T running Oos 9.0.4
EDxposed+Magisk

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
Yes, I'm also having the same problem with stock OOS. I've tried connecting to different WiFi networks and still the same. It all started after I flash the stable Stable9.0.6 Firmware+Modem_OnePlus3.zip without knowing that you need to have Qualcomm as your phone driver and it's not in the instructions. Sadness.
Without knowing what!? What's not in the instructions?
The new android Q custom ROMs requiere the latest 9.0.6 FW as base...
Try to flash another PIE firmware 9.0.5, 9.0.4, 9.0.3... or even come back to Oreo and start again to compare the behavour in STOCK ROM first.
Do clean flash always WIPE DATA, CACHE, SYSTEM, DALVIK-CACHE and FORMAT DATA and install the "firmware" (As Firmware = I recommend you to install stock OOS ROM in the last step). If you've already read the OP you know the problem jumping from 5.0.8 to 9.0.X

Last edited:

hellcat50

I have a very similar problem and i haven't been able to fix it since past 2 years..Mine will only drop if im on custom roms and will work perfectly fine if im on OOS. It will randomly drop and then reconnect almost immediately. Just because of this bug im stuck on oos roms since forver. Please let me know if you find a fix I've tried everything i could but my wifi always drops on all custom roms.

I have a 3T running Oos 9.0.4
EDxposed+Magisk

have you tried msm download tool?

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
OnePlus 8T
have you tried msm download tool?
Yes but unfortunately it didn't change anything. Ive almost tried everything possible. I even tried to copy the wifi config files from oos to custom roms which rendered the wifi completely unusable.

It's a really strange issue, I can't rule it out to be a hardware issue as wifi works as intended on all oos versions nor can it be a software issue with the custom roms, because nobody else faces this issue :confused:

hellcat50

Yes but unfortunately it didn't change anything. Ive almost tried everything possible. I even tried to copy the wifi config files from oos to custom roms which rendered the wifi completely unusable.

It's a really strange issue, I can't rule it out to be a hardware issue as wifi works as intended on all oos versions nor can it be a software issue with the custom roms, because nobody else faces this issue :confused:

but have you tried the "smt download mode" option? The one where you need to restore your efs after flashing? That was the problem for me. I thought i was fine with only using upgrade mode, but smt download mode did the trick

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
OnePlus 8T
but have you tried the "smt download mode" option? The one where you need to restore your efs after flashing? That was the problem for me. I thought i was fine with only using upgrade mode, but smt download mode did the trick
Nope, I haven't tried this method. I'll do some research and try this one as well. Did you also face a similar wifi drop bug? Also thanks for your reply its been a long time since I've got a lead to fix this annoying bug. :)

hellcat50

Nope, I haven't tried this method. I'll do some research and try this one as well. Did you also face a similar wifi drop bug? Also thanks for your reply its been a long time since I've got a lead to fix this annoying bug. :)

yes, wifi would drop for me for no apparent reason. i did the smt download mode and i got it fixed

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
OnePlus 8T
yes, wifi would drop for me for no apparent reason. i did the smt download mode and i got it fixed

Okay thanks a ton ill try this method. Had a few questions, how did you backup/restore efs partition? The two methods i found are 1) by backing up both the modemst bins using terminal and restoring it later via fastboot or 2) using TWRP to backup and restore efs.

Also is there a specific procedure for stm download mode? I tried searcing for guides but i could only find msm related unbrick methods. Just clicking on verify then starting the tool in stm download mode will do the trick right?

Sorry for OT :silly:

hellcat50

Okay thanks a ton ill try this method. Had a few questions, how did you backup/restore efs partition? The two methods i found are 1) by backing up both the modemst bins using terminal and restoring it later via fastboot or 2) using TWRP to backup and restore efs.

Also is there a specific procedure for stm download mode? I tried searcing for guides but i could only find msm related unbrick methods. Just clicking on verify then starting the tool in stm download mode will do the trick right?

Sorry for OT :silly:

Download the latest unbrick tool for your device here https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/how-to/op3-collection-unbrick-tools-t3896722

For efs backup it doesn't matter, i used twrp for the instructions.

Here is a instruction i wrote some time ago

1. Download the current msm download tool. 2. start it and click on "verify" 3. check "smt download mode" 4. click on start and for the password use "te123" and don't forget to select your storage size. click on ok. After it's finished (you can see it's finished when the text is green) you can safely hold the power button to reboot 5. boot into oos. 6. unlock your bootloader, let the device wipe itself then reboot to bootloader and flash twrp. with twrp, restore your efs backup. 7. reboot to oos and start "nvbackupui" (use the app "activity launcher" for that). In the app "nvbackupui", first click on "backup..." and then "restore...". 6. reboot into oos and again start "nvbackupui". If there isn't any red text, you are good to go and flash whatever rom you want.

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
OnePlus 8T
Download the latest unbrick tool for your device here https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/how-to/op3-collection-unbrick-tools-t3896722

For efs backup it doesn't matter, i used twrp for the instructions.

Here is a instruction i wrote some time ago

1. Download the current msm download tool. 2. start it and click on "verify" 3. check "smt download mode" 4. click on start and for the password use "te123" and don't forget to select your storage size. click on ok. After it's finished (you can see it's finished when the text is green) you can safely hold the power button to reboot 5. boot into oos. 6. unlock your bootloader, let the device wipe itself then reboot to bootloader and flash twrp. with twrp, restore your efs backup. 7. reboot to oos and start "nvbackupui" (use the app "activity launcher" for that). In the app "nvbackupui", first click on "backup..." and then "restore...". 6. reboot into oos and again start "nvbackupui". If there isn't any red text, you are good to go and flash whatever rom you want.
Today, I tried this method too (took so long because its my daily driver didn't want to mess it up in this lockdown time but the drops just annoyed me to such an extent that i just didn't care).

Did everything you mentioned above and flashed havoc os unfortunately the wifi drops still persist. Whenever I move away from the router, wifi drops and weirdly enough this happens only on custom roms. If you have any other tips please shoot em right at me.

I used the oos 5.0.8 unbrick tool and restored efs of the same version which i had earlier. NVbackup earlier showed red text but after backup restore it said total 74 and valid 73 (before it was valid 0 in red)

I really appreciate your help mate gives me hope that i can fix this somehow :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashable Firmware+Modem ZIPs by hellcat50

Note:
    Code:
    This flashable zip will update or downgrade your Firmware and Modem Files of your OnePlus 3 or 3T.

If you encounter any errors during the installation process, feel free to report it to me.
    Normally I test all the .zip files before I upload them, so everything should work fine.

Current stable firmware version: OP3T: 9.0.6 | OP3: 9.0.6

Download

Dropbox
    MEGA

Note: You will lose your data if you are coming from 5.0.x firmware and your storage is encrypted! If you want to upgrade from 5.0.x to 9.0.x firmware and update the ROM and don't want to clean flash, you can follow this guide in order to keep your data (only applies if your data is encrypted) (thanks to @nvertigo67):
    [GUIDE][MODDED FIRMWARE][9.0.6][OP3/T]The least annoying 9.0.x firmware
    Stable 9.0.5 Firmware+Modem ZIPs for OP3 and 3T are now available!
    OP3 and 3T Firmware+Modem ZIPs are up!
    Stable 5.0.6 Firmware+Modem ZIPs added for OnePlus 3 and 3T!
    Added Stable 5.0.5 Modem+Firmware ZIP