Search This thread

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Try the unbrick guide with the device in fastboot mode. I think it will work

That tool will work only when the phone is recognised as Qualcomm 9008, not on fastboot mode.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------
@hissan147

You are simultaneously talking about two different tools.

Try the one by NamanBhalla and use Method 2. Your phone should be recognised as Qualcomm 9008, only then it will work. If it doesn't show up as Qualcomm 9008, try the tips given by him.

Last edited:

hissan147

Aug 1, 2019
That tool will work only when the phone is recognized as Qualcomm 9008, not on fast boot mode.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------
@hissan147

You are simultaneously talking about two different tools.

Try the one by NamanBhalla and use Method 2. Your phone should be recognized as Qualcomm 9008, only then it will work. If it doesn't show up as Qualcomm 9008, try the tips given by him.

Walah, Method 2 works for me. Thanks @NamanBhalla. You are a Lifesaver.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Can I use flash TWRP 3.3.1 OP3-3T with Automatic MD5 check option to go to Step 10 (Method 1)?

See this Image:
https://pasteboard.co/IqG8bOM.png

Method 2 works for me
Need another help, I want to install resurrection remix ROM. Any refer link?

fashion_live

Aug 6, 2012
Messina
From when i updated from oreo to pie, the download and upload speed are decreased abruptly, in wifi connection and in data connection(4G).
The procedure for upload from oreo to pie was as follows:
1)Full Wipe
2)Install firmware&modem from this thred
3)Install Pie Rom
4)Install Pie Gapps

Attached 2 screenshots about speedtest

How to resolve it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_Speedtest_20190817-083637.jpg
    Screenshot_Speedtest_20190817-083637.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 305
  • Screenshot_Speedtest_20190817-083128.jpg
    Screenshot_Speedtest_20190817-083128.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 306

trachyte

Nov 9, 2015
My encryption is borked after flashing the 9.0.5 firmware on my 3T. My process was:

1) Flashed TWRP 3.3.1-0 using the official TWRP app.
2) Booted into recovery, entered password and decrypted storage.
3) Flashed 9.0.5 firmware (Stable9.0.5 Firmware+Modem_OnePlus 3T.zip) using Install button.
4) Rebooted to recovery.
5) Entered password, got error message saying decryption took too long.
6) Rebooted to system, entered password, got error saying "The password you entered is correct, but unfortunately your data is corrupt." and says I have to do a reset.

My previous firmware was pre-9.0.2 but I'm not sure which version. I'm also not sure what my previous TWRP version was. The firmware files are correct on my computer, although it's possible they were corrupted when moving the ZIP to the phone (unlikely of course).

I haven't exhausted all of my options so if I figure out a fix I will post it here.

Edit: Oh and I'm on LOS 16 version.. something from April 2019. I haven't updated the OS since then.

Edit2: So apparently this happens to everyone that flashes a 9.0.x firmware when they are coming from a 5.0.x firmware. Even just the firmware, not the OS. This should be way, way more prominent in the OP of this thread. The little "Note" at the bottom in no way conveys the seriousness of the issue. There should be a huge red warning saying that you will lose your data if you flash the firmware without fully understanding the consequences.

Last edited:

hellcat50

My encryption is borked after flashing the 9.0.5 firmware on my 3T. My process was:

1) Flashed TWRP 3.3.1-0 using the official TWRP app.
2) Booted into recovery, entered password and decrypted storage.
3) Flashed 9.0.5 firmware (Stable9.0.5 Firmware+Modem_OnePlus 3T.zip) using Install button.
4) Rebooted to recovery.
5) Entered password, got error message saying decryption took too long.
6) Rebooted to system, entered password, got error saying "The password you entered is correct, but unfortunately your data is corrupt." and says I have to do a reset.

My previous firmware was pre-9.0.2 but I'm not sure which version. I'm also not sure what my previous TWRP version was. The firmware files are correct on my computer, although it's possible they were corrupted when moving the ZIP to the phone (unlikely of course).

I haven't exhausted all of my options so if I figure out a fix I will post it here.

Edit: Oh and I'm on LOS 16 version.. something from April 2019. I haven't updated the OS since then.

Edit2: So apparently this happens to everyone that flashes a 9.0.x firmware when they are coming from a 5.0.x firmware. Even just the firmware, not the OS. This should be way, way more prominent in the OP of this thread. The little "Note" at the bottom in no way conveys the seriousness of the issue. There should be a huge red warning saying that you will lose your data if you flash the firmware without fully understanding the consequences.

I've added a new warning now!

jazib360

Jul 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Will I face any issue when flasing 9.0.5 firmware on my op3 having unlocked bootloader, decrypted and on 5.0.8 firmware.
I am sorry if this has been answered before but I wasn't able to find it.

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy J5
Will I face any issue when flasing 9.0.5 firmware on my op3 having unlocked bootloader, decrypted and on 5.0.8 firmware.
I am sorry if this has been answered before but I wasn't able to find it.
Hey, yep, when changing firmware from Oreo to Pie, it'll wipe your data.

However, you being decrypted may change it. But a backup of ALl your data is always better.

bitubo

Oct 14, 2012
hello
so for op3
which firmware is the more recent? 9.0.5or 4.0.2

OnePlus 3 @ Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashable Firmware+Modem ZIPs by hellcat50

Note:
    Code:
    This flashable zip will update or downgrade your Firmware and Modem Files of your OnePlus 3 or 3T.

If you encounter any errors during the installation process, feel free to report it to me.
    Normally I test all the .zip files before I upload them, so everything should work fine.

Current stable firmware version: OP3T: 9.0.6 | OP3: 9.0.6

Download

Dropbox
    MEGA

Note: You will lose your data if you are coming from 5.0.x firmware and your storage is encrypted! If you want to upgrade from 5.0.x to 9.0.x firmware and update the ROM and don't want to clean flash, you can follow this guide in order to keep your data (only applies if your data is encrypted) (thanks to @nvertigo67):
    [GUIDE][MODDED FIRMWARE][9.0.6][OP3/T]The least annoying 9.0.x firmware
    Stable 9.0.5 Firmware+Modem ZIPs for OP3 and 3T are now available!
    OP3 and 3T Firmware+Modem ZIPs are up!
    Stable 5.0.6 Firmware+Modem ZIPs added for OnePlus 3 and 3T!
    Added Stable 5.0.5 Modem+Firmware ZIP