/* * Your warranty is... still valid? * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
This is a unified LineageOS 14.1 ROM that works on both the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.
Custom kernels are not compatible with this ROM. I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel.
Changelogs for each update can be found in the 2nd post of this thread.
- Based off latest LineageOS 14.1 sources (root access is NOT included)
- OTA updates via built-in updater in Settings
- Fast fingerprint unlock
- Pocket mode for the fingerprint sensor (this is always enabled)
- Custom camera app featuring:
-Photo quality comparable to OxygenOS
-Anti-shake mode (increases the shutter speed to reduce motion blur)
-Manual shutter speed control (1/5000th of a second up to 30 seconds)
-Manual ISO control
-EIS when recording video at resolutions lower than 4k UHD
-Video HDR mode
-Many other manual controls
- Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood
- Rebuilt from the ground up using the latest Nougat Snapdragon 820/821 base from Qualcomm (CAF)
- Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
- Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
- WireGuard, a next generation secure VPN tunnel (more info)
- F2FS support
- DASH charge
- Passes SafetyNet bootloader unlock check
- Dynamic CPU input boost driver I wrote myself (makes the phone feel smooth without destroying battery life)
- Reduced display power consumption
- Touchscreen gestures are automatically disabled when the proximity sensor is covered
- Improved touchscreen processing latency
- Improved audio jack detection (no more weird buzzing noise and headphones are always detected on the first try)
- CPU is underclocked (read the FAQ for more info)
- Custom thermal control driver I wrote myself (features 9 thermal throttle steps; keeps the phone cool)
- Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (enabled by default)
- No placebo patches, features, or dangerous compiler "optimizations"
- Many other misc. improvements not listed here
Kernel (cm-14.1-sultan branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996
Local manifest (contains the rest of the sources): https://github.com/sultanxda/android/blob/master/oneplus3/cm-14.1/local_manifest.xml
- LineageOS and its contributors
- CAF (aka Qualcomm)
- myfluxi (awesome friend with lots of amazing contributions)
- Open GApps
- glassfish777 for testing and helping me pass AP physics in high school
- dianlujitao for bringing up the OP3(T) to LineageOS 14.1
- Thecrazyskull for helping me fix the front camera on the OP3T
- If your name should be here and it isn't, then make me use an iPhone 4s running iOS 9
Installation instructions (for first-time installation):
First, perform a backup of your existing setup, and then perform a clean install (wipe /data and /system; TWRP is recommended). Next, try flashing the ROM and see if it installs; if it installs without any issues then congratulations! Now just flash a Google apps package, Magisk if you want root access, and then reboot.
If you get an error when trying to install the ROM ("op3.verify_modem" error), then go to the Firmware link in the Downloads section and flash the firmware package for your device. Once you flash the firmware zip file, you can install the ROM.
Installation instructions (for updating to a newer release):
If you are already running this ROM, then you can update to a newer version of the ROM via the built-in OTA updater or by simply dirty-flashing the new ROM build without wiping anything. HOWEVER, do NOT reinstall Google Apps after installing a new update.
OnePlus 3 (15801): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579487128
OnePlus 3T (15811): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329055753
Please read through the installation instructions before installing this for the first time.
Last build by denser. Build date 2020.01.09: https://github.com/den-ser/android_...-14.1-20200109-UNOFFICIAL-Sultan-oneplus3.zip
All builds by denser. Last build date 2020.01.09: https://github.com/den-ser/android_releases/releases
Last original build by Sultanxda. Build date 2018.05.14: https://github.com/sultanxda/androi...-14.1-20180514-UNOFFICIAL-Sultan-oneplus3.zip
All original builds by Sultanxda. Last build date 2018.05.14: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=171168&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC
Google Apps (required): Platform: "ARM64", Android: "7.1", Variant: "micro" or "nano" (I will not provide support if you install a different variant)
Magisk (if you want root access): https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
Unified LineageOS 14.1 with custom 3.18.31 kernel, ROM for the OnePlus 3
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2020-01-09