[OP3+3T][ROM+KERNEL] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 with custom kernel [January 09, 2020]

Search This thread

Alyr

Nov 15, 2006
Longjumeau
You know what's even more of a shame? Being told your phone's CPU can run at 2.2 GHz, only to find out that it crashes when it's running at 2.2 GHz...

Just a friendly reminder that since you're not using the included kernel, you no longer have any thermal mitigation in place. Also, I'm not sure why you'd use this ROM without using the kernel that comes with it...

I don't see why is this a problem, everyone have the choice to use ROM and Kernel what he would. Also i never hade a thermal problem or freez the os or something like this so i use this ROM because is realy good and elemental x because it has no underclock and it is realy stable to. Have a nice day:good:

erraticpurple

Feb 3, 2018
Melbourne
I don't see why is this a problem, everyone have the choice to use ROM and Kernel what he would. Also i never hade a thermal problem or freez the os or something like this so i use this ROM because is realy good and elemental x because it has no underclock and it is realy stable to. Have a nice day:good:

It's mainly just a bit silly that you'd run this ROM with a different kernel considering all the optimisations/features here are kernel based, there's no real extra features compared to official Lineage. Wouldn't flashing a kernel essentially make it pointless to even run this ROM considering you won't be using any of Sultan's optimisations?

darshakjust4u

Jul 3, 2010
I was thinking I'd loose all the power because of underclock but in fact I'm able to do more at higher clock speed which is great.. Battery is also very close to 5-6 hrs + with gaming

Reactions: Diaze

Diaze

Jun 8, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
Well i was skeptical about the underclock but coming from oxygenos to this rom is like night and day difference.
My phone doesnt heat when i play pubg and on oxygen it was so hard to hold cuz of heat.
Also performance is very good. Phone runs cold and very stable.
Thank you for this amazing rom.

Reactions: iam_adarsh

iam_adarsh

Feb 8, 2015
I've used the latest version and I really like the ROM. Fluid, battery friendly etc.
I just have one problem. Tried to download PUBG from play store and the download doesn't work. It downloads the whole game and then shows Error 492.
On googling the issue, I found out its because of the playstore. So I wiped the cache, logged out/in, restarted, even downloaded a different gapps zip, but the problem still persists. I then flashed AOSPA with the same gapps zip (nano) and the game downloaded just fine.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Edit: nvm i reinstalled the rom and now it works. I was already on a clean flash before tho

Last edited:

lammpat

Apr 9, 2013
Guys anyone know why when I used the OTA updater in settings, it just reset my whole phone...?
No it will not reset, it will simply update your rom, rest files and setting will be there, if you are using exposed then it need to be reinstalled.

Do not flash gapps again.

I recently updated my phone via updater, nothing lost.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Hey, where can I find this info?

Edit: found it.

3t 2902/247
I couldn't find, where it is?

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
No it will not reset, it will simply update your rom, rest files and setting will be there, if you are using exposed then it need to be reinstalled.

Do not flash gapps again.

I recently updated my phone via updater, nothing lost.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

I couldn't find, where it is?

It reset my phone...? It brought it back to the setup screen and lost all my data

syntesys

Oct 11, 2011
Cagliari
Hi! Is there an option for stop music on bluetooth car connection? Everytime I connect the phone to the car, music starts playing. It's so annoying.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is... still valid?
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a unified LineageOS 14.1 ROM that works on both the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

Custom kernels are not compatible with this ROM. I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel.

Changelogs for each update can be found in the 2nd post of this thread.

ROM features:
    • Based off latest LineageOS 14.1 sources (root access is NOT included)
    • OTA updates via built-in updater in Settings
    • Fast fingerprint unlock
    • Pocket mode for the fingerprint sensor (this is always enabled)
    • Custom camera app featuring:
      -Photo quality comparable to OxygenOS
      -Anti-shake mode (increases the shutter speed to reduce motion blur)
      -Manual shutter speed control (1/5000th of a second up to 30 seconds)
      -Manual ISO control
      -EIS when recording video at resolutions lower than 4k UHD
      -Video HDR mode
      -Antibanding control
      -Exposure control
      -Denoise control
      -Face detection
      -HDR
      -Many other manual controls
    • Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel features:
    • Rebuilt from the ground up using the latest Nougat Snapdragon 820/821 base from Qualcomm (CAF)
    • Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
    • Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
    • WireGuard, a next generation secure VPN tunnel (more info)
    • F2FS support
    • DASH charge
    • Passes SafetyNet bootloader unlock check
    • Dynamic CPU input boost driver I wrote myself (makes the phone feel smooth without destroying battery life)
    • Reduced display power consumption
    • Touchscreen gestures are automatically disabled when the proximity sensor is covered
    • Improved touchscreen processing latency
    • Improved audio jack detection (no more weird buzzing noise and headphones are always detected on the first try)
    • CPU is underclocked (read the FAQ for more info)
    • Custom thermal control driver I wrote myself (features 9 thermal throttle steps; keeps the phone cool)
    • Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (enabled by default)
    • No placebo patches, features, or dangerous compiler "optimizations"
    • Many other misc. improvements not listed here

Source code:
    Kernel (cm-14.1-sultan branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996
    Local manifest (contains the rest of the sources): https://github.com/sultanxda/android/blob/master/oneplus3/cm-14.1/local_manifest.xml

Credits:
    • LineageOS and its contributors
    • CAF (aka Qualcomm)
    • myfluxi (awesome friend with lots of amazing contributions)
    • Open GApps
    • glassfish777 for testing and helping me pass AP physics in high school
    • dianlujitao for bringing up the OP3(T) to LineageOS 14.1
    • Thecrazyskull for helping me fix the front camera on the OP3T
    • If your name should be here and it isn't, then make me use an iPhone 4s running iOS 9

Installation instructions (for first-time installation):
    First, perform a backup of your existing setup, and then perform a clean install (wipe /data and /system; TWRP is recommended). Next, try flashing the ROM and see if it installs; if it installs without any issues then congratulations! Now just flash a Google apps package, Magisk if you want root access, and then reboot.

If you get an error when trying to install the ROM ("op3.verify_modem" error), then go to the Firmware link in the Downloads section and flash the firmware package for your device. Once you flash the firmware zip file, you can install the ROM.

Installation instructions (for updating to a newer release):
    If you are already running this ROM, then you can update to a newer version of the ROM via the built-in OTA updater or by simply dirty-flashing the new ROM build without wiping anything. HOWEVER, do NOT reinstall Google Apps after installing a new update.

Downloads:
    Firmware:

ROM:

Please read through the installation instructions before installing this for the first time.

Last build by denser. Build date 2020.01.09: https://github.com/den-ser/android_...-14.1-20200109-UNOFFICIAL-Sultan-oneplus3.zip

All builds by denser. Last build date 2020.01.09: https://github.com/den-ser/android_releases/releases

Last original build by Sultanxda. Build date 2018.05.14: https://github.com/sultanxda/androi...-14.1-20180514-UNOFFICIAL-Sultan-oneplus3.zip

All original builds by Sultanxda. Last build date 2018.05.14: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=171168&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Google Apps (required): Platform: "ARM64", Android: "7.1", Variant: "micro" or "nano" (I will not provide support if you install a different variant)
    Magisk (if you want root access): https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unified LineageOS 14.1 with custom 3.18.31 kernel, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    Sultanxda, [denser]
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-04-12
    Last Updated 2020-01-09
    Changelog:

May 14, 2018:
    ROM:
    *Latest upstream LineageOS changes

Old changelogs:

March 28, 2018:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Removed the ability to disable CPU underclock (in order to ensure stability on all devices)
    *Added the ability to read the battery's estimated full-charge capacity and cycle count (more info)

March 17, 2018:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Rewrote alert slider driver (slightly improves alert slider responsiveness and fixes the alert slider mode not getting reapplied after a reboot)

March 11, 2018:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Fixed missing charging animation when the device is turned off and plugged into a charger
    *Fixed kernel wakelock statistics not showing up in apps like BetterBatteryStats and Wakelock Detector

February 20, 2018:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Fixed touchscreen gestures not working sometimes
    *Fixed touchscreen issues experienced by some users (again; a previous build reintroduced the issue)

January 27, 2018:
    ROM:
    *Disabled user panic mode (hitting the back button quickly several times won't take you home anymore)
    *Updated weather provider packages from lineageos.org

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.5.r1-06700-8x96.0
    *Enabled heap placement randomization (improves security)
    *Fixed stage-2 protection of kernel text region (this adds another layer of security to prevent anything from modifying kernel code while the kernel is running)

December 9, 2017:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Fixed capacitive home button still working while on-screen buttons are enabled
    *Fixed touchscreen not working sometimes after turning the screen on

December 2, 2017:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Significantly reduced overall power consumption (most of the kernel itself now runs on the little CPU cluster to save power)
    *Improved overall performance (the kernel is now compiled with optimizations for better performance)
    *Attempted to fix touchscreen not working for some users
    *Fixed long delay for the touchscreen to become active when turning the screen on
    *Rewrote fingerprint sensor driver (no visibly significant improvements though)

November 25, 2017:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.5.r1-06300-8x96.0
    *Fixed capacitive buttons not working sometimes after turning on the screen
    *Fixed several bugs in touchscreen driver (one of which may have caused random reboots)
    *Slightly reduced overall power consumption

November 11, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Camera: Fixed upside down photos when the selfie-mirror option is enabled and the device is in landscape mode

Kernel:
    *Attempted to fix touchscreen not working when turning the screen on sometimes
    *Potentially reduced display power consumption by a small amount

October 22, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS 4.5.1 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too)
    *Camera: Fixed photos not getting saved sometimes when power-save mode is active

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.5.r1-06100-8x96.0

September 30, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS OB15/OB24 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too; they do not contain the new splash screen)

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.5.r1-05800-8x96.0
    *Added fix for BlueBorne vulnerability
    *Added potential fix for touchscreen issues experienced by some users

September 11, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS OB14/OB23 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too)
    *Camera: Fixed face detection smiley face not disappearing when switching between the front and rear camera sometimes
    *Camera: Fixed occasional crash when switching between camcorder and camera mode

Kernel:
    *Added various security fixes
    *Added missing OnePlus fix to Bluetooth driver
    *Reverted sRGB calibration update

September 3, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS OB13/OB22 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too)
    *Camera: Added selfie mirror feature
    *Fixed Gallery app freezing sometimes
    *Increased maximum handset volume for phone calls
    *Added more volume steps for handset volume and media volume
    *Removed WiFi calling (it didn't work)
    *Removed ISO mode setting from the OP3T's front camera (anything other than auto caused the camera to crash)

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.5.r1-05700-8x96.0
    *Updated sRGB calibration from Open Beta kernel

August 17, 2017:
    ROM:

Kernel:
    *Removed some unneeded bloat

August 7, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS OB12/OB21 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too)
    *Switched back to old Gallery app (the new one is buggy)

Kernel:
    *Updated DASH charge driver from the latest OxygenOS kernel sources

August 1, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS OB11/OB20 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too)
    *Fixed front camera crashes when taking pictures outdoors or in good lighting
    *Switched to new LineageOS Gallery app

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.5.r1-05400-8x96.0
    *Fixed device not booting up sometimes

July 16, 2017:
    ROM:
    *REQUIRES OB10/OB19 FIRMWARE UPDATE!
    *Added missing weather providers for cLock widget (these are no longer available in the Play Store)

Kernel:
    *Fixed massive lag that would occur when waking up the phone sometimes

July 15, 2017:
    ROM:
    *REQUIRES OB10/OB19 FIRMWARE UPDATE!
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS OB10/OB19 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too)
    *Actually fixed photos not getting saved when taking pictures with the front-facing camera

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.5.r1-05300-8x96.0
    *Reverted battery driver changes from May 17 (fixes random shut downs and reboots)

June 15, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Fixed photos not getting saved when taking pictures with the front-facing camera

Kernel:
    *Disabled debugfs (improves security and reduces the amount of resources used by the kernel)

June 7, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS OB8/OB17 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too)
    *Fixed lack of HAL3 mode/Camera2 API for third party camera apps

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.5.r1-04700-8x96.0
    *Fixed SafetyNet bypass (clear data for the Play Store in order to see Netflix again)

May 19, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Fixed notification slider haptic response not working for some users
    *Fixed "Ok Google" not working
    *Fixed GPS issues

May 17, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS OB7/OB16 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too)
    *Gello Browser has been replaced by Jelly Browser

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.5.r1-04600-8x96.0
    *Removed resource-hungry battery driver (this improves battery life)

May 6, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS OB6/OB15 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too)
    *Fixed camera issues in 3rd party apps (such as the OxygenOS camera app)
    *Disabled Camera2/HAL3 mode (in order to fix the issues with 3rd party apps)
    *Music: Fixed shuffle, repeat mode, "lockscreen album art," "shake to play," and "show music visualization" options not being saved
    *Fixed tethering not working with some carriers (thanks to kristofpetho)

Kernel:
    *Screen wakes from sleep faster
    *Reduced power consumption while the screen is turned on

April 30, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Camera: Fixed 4k timelapse video recording
    *Camera: Changed default sharpness setting to 2 (this is what OxygenOS uses)
    *Updated proprietary libraries to OxygenOS OB5/OB14 (the firmware packages in the first post have been updated too)
    *Fixed lack of HAL3 mode/Camera2 API for third party camera apps
    *Fixed bug caused by double tap to turn off the screen for the home button (info)

Kernel:
    *Made CPU governor and CPU boost driver scale up more aggressively (increases overall performance)
    *Fixed high CPU usage caused by power-aware scheduling
    *Improved power consumption while the screen is off and reduced latency when turning the screen on (info)

April 16, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Latest upstream LineageOS changes (includes Android 7.1.2)
    *Fixed lack of notification pull down shadow and lockscreen shadow when unlocking with the fingerprint reader
    *Fixed video calling in the Facebook Messenger app
    *Added fingerprint lag fix from maxwen
    *Camera: Fixed force close when enabling Power shutter
    *Fixed bugs with long press to turn off the screen for the home button (bug 1, bug 2)

Kernel:
    *Updated to CAF LA.UM.5.5.r1-04300-8x96.0 (mainly security fixes)

April 13, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Fixed built-in OTA updater
    *Disabled sdcardfs (it caused random reboots)

Kernel:
    *Fixed display not turning back on correctly on some devices
    *Removed sdcardfs drivers

April 12, 2017:
    ROM:
    *Initial release

Kernel:
    *Initial release
    FAQ:

1. Why did you underclock the CPU?
    Answer: At the underclocked frequencies, the amount of heat generated by the CPU is quite a bit less, so the CPU is throttled less often (leading to better user experience), and battery life is better as well. The performance difference while underclocked is also not really noticeable unless you use a benchmark application. The CPU is also underclocked due to stability issues at higher frequencies affecting some OP3s and OP3Ts; because of this, the CPU underclock cannot be disabled.
    It would be great a new release for the security patch for May
    I usually don't respond to posts like this but....

It would also be great if Sultan could give me $1 million.

It's his ROM, he's poured his blood, sweat, and tears into it and has decided to share with the community; he doesn't owe you, me, or anyone.

Just be grateful that we even have the version we have today.

Maybe $1 million old Zimbabwean dollars...

I'm going to be on hiatus from mid June through the end of September (going on vacation + doing an intensive internship), and I'm not sure what I'll do after that. What I do know for sure though is that I won't be using OnePlus devices anymore (because they suck) and I'll be buying a Pixel 2 XL to use at least for the summer. I don't want to rely on a dysfunctional OnePlus camera during my vacation, hence why I'm getting a Pixel 2 XL. After September, I might just go into working on kernels instead of ROMs entirely, but I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll still update this ROM a couple more times, but ye have been warned: the end is near. This means I won't be working on Oreo :p
    New build is up and should have a somewhat noticeable improvement in battery life. In order to save power, most of the code that the kernel itself frequently executes is now executed on the low-power CPU cores. This means that the high-performance CPU cores will have fewer tasks to do and thus can idle more often, which leads to some nice power savings. This doesn't have any visible impact on performance, so it should just be a free battery life upgrade.