[OP3/3T] Unlock 720P slowmotion video WITH sound on Google Camera!

Search This thread

rkharat98

Last edited:

rkharat98

@AcmE85

3. And what about make slowmotion better video quality, to add more bitrate?

Did that.
Old no-sound slo-mo were shot at 13Mbits , this new with sound was being shot with around 6.7Mbits, while it's​ value in XML being at 27Mbits, changed it to 84Mbits, I'm getting video at 20Mbits.
The attachments...

Attachments

• Before-27Mbits(6.7Mbits).jpg
    Before-27Mbits(6.7Mbits).jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 1,404
  • After-84Mbits(20Mbits).jpg
    After-84Mbits(20Mbits).jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 1,405
Reactions: isko01 and AcmE85

rkharat98

With this your file I can make better slow motion? Where I need to put this file?

1 - No. Though the artifacts wouldn't ​be of concern. The sharpness/clarity/details can't be helped because in our device, the 720p video is cropped down, unlike the other non-slo-mo videos which are scaled down​. Cropping always looses details.
So, unless someone comes up with a solution for this, you won't get any high quality 720p slo-mo.

2- The same place you are told to put in the first post(Original thread).

JoeyBoo

Mar 31, 2017
i really dont know where to apply the replacement. do i replace the modfile.xml to my computer or to my mobile phone. i installed twrp just for this reason so pleas somebody help

WINDZZCAR

Jul 23, 2012
Unknown
Works!

Works great on open beta 4 too! Is there a way to bring back the HDR and HDR+ mode too? Cant see HDR in google camera. :)

shardul77

Mar 19, 2015
yes it works even for openbeta 13... takes some time though :victory:

Last edited:

rkharat98

i really dont know where to apply the replacement. do i replace the modfile.xml to my computer or to my mobile phone. i installed twrp just for this reason so pleas somebody help

Do this, copy that file and paste it in /system/etc.
This will replace the already present "media_profiles.xml" file.
If you are doing that through TWRP file manager, tap on that copied file and then there will be options shown.. out of those tap on "chmod 644" then reboot.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Using your file on my OP3T, and it works great.
Anybody know why the sound lags about 1 sec?

Thank you for sharing this!

No idea, I had mentioned this but I didn't get any response, maybe a developer knows why.

kyleruggles

Oct 9, 2015
Montreal
www.kyleruggles.com
After the latest 4.1.3 update, within the media_profiles.xml file, the slow motion entries no longer exist. Didn't want to flash given that fact. BUT!! I did find out I'm able to record HEVC/h.265 video instead of h.264. Lots of goodies in there if you're willing to tweak, higher bitrates too! ;)

https://youtu.be/uy0o3y0HQFg youtube compression is a ***** with random elements.

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
And here's a flashable zip I threw together real quick, for those not using magisk or any su manager at all. Worked for me on latest official RR with TWRP 3.1.0.x blu_spark v24 on 3 (not 3T). Furthermore, if using magisk, you'll still pass safetynet if hide is enabled. Cheers!

Attachments

• slow-motion-enable.zip
    175.7 KB · Views: 452

polpet71

Oct 13, 2016
And here's a flashable zip I threw together real quick, for those not using magisk or any su manager at all. Worked for me on latest official RR with TWRP 3.1.0.x blu_spark v24 on 3 (not 3T). Furthermore, if using magisk, you'll still pass safetynet if hide is enabled. Cheers!
very interesting....but I have a big problem, google camera not work in my oneplus 3 I try all the apk app but nothing....I am on latest RR 7.1.2 r2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS MOD DOES NOT WORK ON OREO

First off

- your device has to be rooted / or at least have TWRP working to move the file
    - you probably have to be on the latest OxygenOS Android 7.1.1 Beta for this to work
    - the videos will be recorded with the latest Google Camera App:
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...amera-4-3-016-147548696-android-apk-download/
    - you will be able to record slowmotion video in 720p with sound
    - you will be able to edit the video with Google Photos and to manually set the desired area which is played in slowmotion, the other area will play in full motion, just like on the iPhone for example!

How-to

1.) Download this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kt0pa3ks8b1lzpy/media_profiles.xml?dl=0
    2.) put it into root/system/etc and overwrite the existing file
    3.) set the correct permissions! rw-r--r-- (0644)
    4.) reboot your device
    5.) install the linked Google Camera, start it, go into Slowmotion mode
    6.) open the Video from within the Google Photos App and edit it...
    7.) Have fun! :)

I only stumbled across this just now, so I only got to test it on my OP3 with Beta12 Android 7.1.1.
    I don't know if this works on older Betas or the latest stable build, so don't ask me.

But you are welcome to share your experience with us if you try it on other builds.
    Keep in mind that the linked Google Camera version will only work on Android 7.1.1!

Here is a quick sample video I took which shows you how the video can be edited in Google Photos:

The sound is actually as good as always while playing it in full-speed in Google Photos and respectively "worse" in slowmotion,
    which has to be expected in my opinion. At least it is much better than slowmotion without any sound, which is the reason I newer touched this feature in the past.

For the long explanation on how I found out about this:
    I was already testing the latest Google Camera for Android 7.1.1 after flashing Beta 12 and unfortunately the slowmotion mode crashed immediately each time.

Today I stumbled over this commit for the OP3/3T on LineageOS:
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/163935/
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/163935/1/configs/media_profiles.xml

It adds these lines to the existing media_profiles.xml:

Code:
     <!-- CAMCORDER_QUALITY_HIGH_SPEED_HIGH/720P : [email protected]; 27.0 Mbps -->
            <EncoderProfile quality="highspeedhigh" fileFormat="mp4" duration="30">
                <Video codec="h264"
                       bitRate="27000000"
                       width="1280"
                       height="720"
                       frameRate="120" />
                <!-- audio setting is ignored -->
                <Audio codec="aac"
                       bitRate="96000"
                       sampleRate="48000"
                       channels="2" />
            </EncoderProfile>

<EncoderProfile quality="highspeed720p" fileFormat="mp4" duration="30">
                <Video codec="h264"
                       bitRate="27000000"
                       width="1280"
                       height="720"
                       frameRate="120" />
                <Audio codec="aac"
                       bitRate="96000"
                       sampleRate="48000"
                       channels="2" />
            </EncoderProfile>

<!-- CAMCORDER_QUALITY_HIGH_SPEED_HIGH/1080P : [email protected]; 34.0 Mbps -->
            <EncoderProfile quality="highspeed1080p" fileFormat="mp4" duration="30">
                <Video codec="h264"
                       bitRate="34000000"
                       width="1920"
                       height="1080"
                       frameRate="60" />
                <Audio codec="aac"
                       bitRate="96000"
                       sampleRate="48000"
                       channels="2" />
            </EncoderProfile>

This commit is meant to make slowmotion work on the latest Google Camera on LineageOS.
    I thought to myself, why not add this code to the file provided in OxygenOS.

What can I say, It just works! The file provided above is taken from OOS Beta 12.
    I just added the mentioned code from the spoiler.
    I also think 1080p slowmotion with sound should be possible when we can already record [email protected]!
    I made a quick hack-y magisk module. Still has the default template name but it works :cool:

http://www.filedropper.com/gcsm
    Can you please reupload the module? Filedropper link doesn't work anymore. Thanks!

Attached.
    @AcmE85

3. And what about make slowmotion better video quality, to add more bitrate?

Did that.
    Old no-sound slo-mo were shot at 13Mbits , this new with sound was being shot with around 6.7Mbits, while it's​ value in XML being at 27Mbits, changed it to 84Mbits, I'm getting video at 20Mbits.
    The attachments...