OP3 vs OP6 Display

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
So I've had the op3 since it's launch in 2016 and it's been a great phone that has slowly deteriorated in recent times in terms of battery life especially and I've become less impressed with it's display recently especially when I compared it to a Nokia 7 plus display which is 402 ppi and LCD,but I found the display noticably crisper on it compared to the op3

My op6 is on its way now and I'm hoping to see a good difference in the display.I see that the display for op6 is also 402 ppi compared to 401 on the op3.

The op3 display is okay but colors kind of look washed out at times and the blacks don't look that black, It's never sharp and crisp,

Has anyone compared the two and found a noticable difference,maybe the display has gotten better since the op5 ??

hdad2

Nov 12, 2007
I also came from a QHD Samsung. The OP6 display is great, despite the lower resolution.

One criticism of it would be the max brightness is hardly enough outdoors. Just a little brighter would help. Samsung was much brighter, but I've never seen a OP3 to compare with. Otherwise, the OP6 display is nice.

TheNetwork

Apr 6, 2011
Samsung and apple before going QHD (or "retina"): "That's just a meme no one actually needs that!"

Them now: "Everyone else's phone sucks ass we have way more pixels than them lolololololol!"

intruda119

Mar 12, 2007
OnePlus 8 Pro
It's decent 1080p, great depending on what phone you coming from. Not usable on bright sunny days. Been a week and eyes still trying to adjust.

Perfer my note 8 screen. Night and day. Take 30minutes less of sot.

joosef93

Nov 10, 2014
Sfax
So I've had the op3 since it's launch in 2016 and it's been a great phone that has slowly deteriorated in recent times in terms of battery life especially and I've become less impressed with it's display recently especially when I compared it to a Nokia 7 plus display which is 402 ppi and LCD,but I found the display noticably crisper on it compared to the op3

My op6 is on its way now and I'm hoping to see a good difference in the display.I see that the display for op6 is also 402 ppi compared to 401 on the op3.

The op3 display is okay but colors kind of look washed out at times and the blacks don't look that black, It's never sharp and crisp,

Has anyone compared the two and found a noticable difference,maybe the display has gotten better since the op5 ??
I came from OnePlus 3t and the difference was unbelievable , brightness in daylight is much better, lower brightness at night is more achievable and the biggest difference I found between the 2 when put next to each other is the whites. After 1.5 year the 3T gives a yellowish white while the 6 gives a true white color

manus31

May 7, 2016
I came from OnePlus 3t and the difference was unbelievable , brightness in daylight is much better, lower brightness at night is more achievable and the biggest difference I found between the 2 when put next to each other is the whites. After 1.5 year the 3T gives a yellowish white while the 6 gives a true white color

Sounds promising,looking forward to comparing to my op3 when my six finally arrives this week.I do notice the yellowy,gray whites on the op3

Last edited:

manus31

May 7, 2016
Got my op6 this morning,don't see any great difference in display,so far not really impressed with the phone at all,pretty much the same as op3 with faster processor

n2851991m

Nov 20, 2012
Bangalore
I'm coming from a Galaxy S8 with a QHD screen and find the OP6 screen to be perfectly crisp and fine, loving it

That's great to hear. I've had to pay for a VERY expensive screen replacement on my S8 because there were no tempered glass protectors available. I just cannot bear to use a naked screen for fear of micro scratches.
My OP6 will be delivered tomorrow.
I have a request to make. How does netflix and prime video play on the OP6? does it play in HD ? The 5T had problems playing HD content when it released and none of the reviews of the 6 ive seen talk about that.

matze19999

Got my op6 this morning,don't see any great difference in display,so far not really impressed with the phone at all,pretty much the same as op3 with faster processor

there are so many differences between these two phones...

design, camera, features, soc, size, notch, treble, seamless updates, no home button...

How can you say its the same phone with another SoC? :D

manus31

May 7, 2016

design, camera, features, soc, size, notch, treble, seamless updates, no home button...

Yes,all this is true,I was referring more to the display,it's pretty much the same as the op3,the user experience also, I notice zero improvement in speed,although I know there is, battery is pretty much the same for me so far too,saying all that though I'm still happy because I know OnePlus will continue to optimize

Reactions: matze19999

manus31

May 7, 2016
Have the op6 over a week now and the display is definitely better somewhat than the op3.

Do think that content has a lot to do with it,hd images look much more crisp than ones with standard definition.

For example the OnePlus stock wallpapers don't look that great and are washed out,but if I use wallpapers from apps like backgrounds and Zedge they look amazing

Attachments

• ZkBhRmFZ.jpg
    ZkBhRmFZ.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: meiax93

pokevitek

Aug 28, 2007
I am actually dissapointed with OP 6 display to the point I am thinking of selling the phone. What bothers me the most is the PWM brighteness regulation bellow 25% witch such a low frequency. But I read it is common for all OLEDs so if you were happy with OP 3 you will be with this one.

cipsaz

Jul 1, 2012

This.

I also came from OP3. Compared the display side by side, and to be honest, there is barely a difference. The biggest difference is that the OP6 is better in daylight. I would say the display picture quality has not moved much since the 2016.

The biggest difference for me was the battery life. I simply love it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm coming from a Galaxy S8 with a QHD screen and find the OP6 screen to be perfectly crisp and fine, loving it
    I'm coming from a 3t and I was surprised by how big of a difference there is, somehow op6 screen looks much sharper
    I compared them both side-by-side.. Not a lot of difference in terms of sharpness.. Better color reproduction on op6.. Whites are more pronounced,a bit brighter too.

Yes,all this is true,I was referring more to the display,it's pretty much the same as the op3,the user experience also, I notice zero improvement in speed,although I know there is, battery is pretty much the same for me so far too,saying all that though I'm still happy because I know OnePlus will continue to optimize
    Have the op6 over a week now and the display is definitely better somewhat than the op3.

Do think that content has a lot to do with it,hd images look much more crisp than ones with standard definition.

For example the OnePlus stock wallpapers don't look that great and are washed out,but if I use wallpapers from apps like backgrounds and Zedge they look amazing