• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OP6][LATEST 10.3.8] Collection of unbrick tools

Search This thread

sa110399

Jul 26, 2015
Hey guys! While using the phone, my unrooted OP6 went into the Qualcomm Crashdump mode. I hadn't done any sort of modding with it as well as the bootloader was locked.

Tried everything given in this tutorial viz turning the phone off by pressing volume_up and power simultaneously, pressing volume_up and volume_down together as I plug in my phone to the laptop.

Install drivers
I have tried two - the one mentioned here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-msmdownloadtool-v4-0-international-oxygen-os-5-1-5.3798892/ Using this one, I couldn't get past the param preload error/Sahara communication error. Since this set of drivers was giving me error, I tried the one mentioned in comments above by @rickesh1 "To anyone having params preload issue, I managed to flash 10.3.8 using this link: Qualcomm drivers 1.0
Using the recommended drivers didn't work for me. Also i am on windows 10 2h20 "
Using this set of drivers, I managed to flash OOS 10.3.5/10.3.7/10.3.8, and msmdownloadtool says that the download and flashing process to the phone is successful and then the phone boots up but after flashing all three of these stocks ROMs, my phone still shows the Qualcomm Crashdump mode. Can anyone help me with this, that what am i supposed to do now?

What is fastboot ROM and will it help my cause?
Should I use a different set of drivers/different OOS version?
Anyway possible that I can install some other custom ROM?
Is it a hardware issue? :(

sa110399

Jul 26, 2015
Hey guys! While using the phone, my unrooted OP6 went into the Qualcomm Crashdump mode. I hadn't done any sort of modding with it as well as the bootloader was locked.

Tried everything given in this tutorial viz turning the phone off by pressing volume_up and power simultaneously, pressing volume_up and volume_down together as I plug in my phone to the laptop.

Install drivers
I have tried two - the one mentioned here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-msmdownloadtool-v4-0-international-oxygen-os-5-1-5.3798892/ Using this one, I couldn't get past the param preload error/Sahara communication error. Since this set of drivers was giving me error, I tried the one mentioned in comments above by @rickesh1 "To anyone having params preload issue, I managed to flash 10.3.8 using this link: Qualcomm drivers 1.0
Using the recommended drivers didn't work for me. Also i am on windows 10 2h20 "
Using this set of drivers, I managed to flash OOS 10.3.5/10.3.7/10.3.8, and msmdownloadtool says that the download and flashing process to the phone is successful and then the phone boots up but after flashing all three of these stocks ROMs, my phone still shows the Qualcomm Crashdump mode. Can anyone help me with this, that what am i supposed to do now?

What is fastboot ROM and will it help my cause?
Should I use a different set of drivers/different OOS version?
Anyway possible that I can install some other custom ROM?
Is it a hardware issue? :(

kryshnakishore

Aug 19, 2015
Hyderabad, India
off Topic but expecting little help:

due to changes i made in build prop, device is not booting into OS, it shows the screen of Bootloader unlocked.... Device is rooted & i have custom recovery installed. unlucky part is my volume buttons are not working. is there a way to get into recovery mode?? at this stage adb is showing No device found.

Arabia.kush

Jul 15, 2021
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to my threads for OP3, OP3T, OP5 and OP5T, as only a few versions of unbrick tool are available here and that they allow to rollback to specific versions of Oxygen OS I decided to search for more and succeeded in that.

I linked to version 5.1.5 and 5.1.11 shared by @Fivegates and @Titokhan here and here.
Rest is provided by me.

As the instructions and Qualcomm drivers are already available here, I don't feel a need to rewrite them.
You can ask questions here on how to use and issues, however I might not be able to answer immediately.

Here are the files uploaded on AndroidFileHost ordered by Android version:

ANDROID 8.1:

ANDROID 9:

ANDROID 10:

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/
Hii. So I’ve bricked my op6 right after I installed the android 11 beta 1 which was released a few days back. Now I can’t find a fastboot rom of android 11 for op6. I tried flashing the 10.3.8 version but it didn’t work. And now i dunno wat to do. Plesss respond i can’t even make it out to outside cause of lockdown. Pless send help

Pundy

Jan 4, 2013
Essen
OnePlus 6
Hii. So I’ve bricked my op6 right after I installed the android 11 beta 1 which was released a few days back. Now I can’t find a fastboot rom of android 11 for op6. I tried flashing the 10.3.8 version but it didn’t work. And now i dunno wat to do. Plesss respond i can’t even make it out to outside cause of lockdown. Pless send help
Download this: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145733775
and this https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347798730

Check this how-to-video:

Reactions: sierraindigo

jerryhou85

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 28, 2010
China
Google Pixel 2 XL
Apple Watch
Boa tarde,
Como vc fez esse processo, vc tem algum passo a passo? pode me ajudar?
English translation:
Good afternoon,
How did you do this process, do you have any step by step? can you help me?

Hello,
Please take note that English is the default language for XDA. You can post in your native language, but you must post an English translation for others to understand, so they can help you.

Any translator website will do, for example, translate.google.com

Thanks.

Jerry
Forum Moderator

Reactions: LEAPS10

hundred_miles_high

Jan 25, 2012
Hi,

Please can anyone confirm if the below is possible using latest MSM tool (and qualcom drivers).

My OP6 is still on 9.0.8, with unlocked BL and TWRP installed - All I want to do is return to factory stock (locked BL etc) and update to 10.3.8, I will then reinstall everything else from scratch.

Can I just use the latest MSM tool to do this in a single process (all data is backed up already) or do I need to carry out any additional steps first?

Many thanks

Last edited:

Pundy

Jan 4, 2013
Essen
OnePlus 6
Hi,

Please can anyone confirm if the below is possible using latest MSM tool (and qualcom drivers).

My OP6 is still on 9.0.8, with unlocked BL and TWRP installed - All I want to do is return to factory stock (locked BL etc) and update to 10.3.8, I will then reinstall everything else from scratch.

Can I just use the latest MSM tool to do this in a single process (all data is backed up already) or do I need to carry out any additional steps first?

Many thanks
You can just use the msm tool to recover your phone to 10.3.8. After that your whole phone is like brand new, with looked bootloader and you can update to 10.3.12 or to 11.0.0 :) I recommend to update to OOS 11 Android R.

jrtyu

Aug 22, 2021
My OP6 crashed twice then went into qualcomm crashdump mode. Then when I rebooted, it is completely unresponsive, no charging led, no vibration and just a black screen (Cannot access fastboot or recovery or boot using the hardware buttons).

I was able to get into the EDL/QDL mode thankfully and I used the MSMDownloadTool (10.3.8 from this thread, but I have also tried other versions) (white led turned on while it was downloading) and it completed successfully saying "Download Complete" as the status at the end, but the phone is still completely unresponsive. Any clue why?

CYB3R0ID694

Mar 9, 2016
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 6
My OP6 crashed twice then went into qualcomm crashdump mode. Then when I rebooted, it is completely unresponsive, no charging led, no vibration and just a black screen (Cannot access fastboot or recovery or boot using the hardware buttons).

I was able to get into the EDL/QDL mode thankfully and I used the MSMDownloadTool (10.3.8 from this thread, but I have also tried other versions) (white led turned on while it was downloading) and it completed successfully saying "Download Complete" as the status at the end, but the phone is still completely unresponsive. Any clue why?
Probably Device Motherboard nuked..

Buy New phone..

I did same

Top Liked Posts