• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[OP7][OOS 10.3.8 GM57AA & .0.10GM57BA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread

edong23

Feb 9, 2013
Cagayan Valley
Sorry guys but noob here in using msmtool. My phone is stucked in “Phone is starting” after updating to 10.3.3. If I revert back to 10.3.2 using msmtool, will
it factory reset my phone? i have a lot of files in my phone

Naster01

Jan 27, 2014
[TEST] Phone will not break the EDL session after 10 sec

@tURkOsANsE

I found a tmp solution to this problem, no need
doing flash on rush and in the nerves. Checked on Win10 and works.

Block / Disable internet connection (for the WU mechanism to not download the driver itself)
Go to Device Manager > View > Show hidden devices > Ports (Com & LPT).
Locate all Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader > Driver> Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device.
Press Vol (+) Vol (-) and connect the phone to the PC.
The device manager should detect the device as QSB_BULK_CID:
Now update the driver manually
Driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Driver location.

From now the phone will not break the EDL session after 10 sec, but ...
This is a one-off solution only.
If you unplug and plug again your phone to PC then again it will be the phone disappearing and its reboot.
You must then repeat the total uninstall of the driver for every time you do not want to rush.

Check yourself how this solution works for u.

The solution mentionned by Andro fixes the bootloop but I still can't fastboot flash ou use MsmDownloadTool.
I got "Sahara Communication Failed. Please try again after power off phone"

Any ideas?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80021106&postcount=21

pgomes2000

Sep 1, 2008
hi,

Please HELP!!! my phone is bricked, it stuck on the boot animation.

I'm on fastboot but on the device manager I didn't nothing like QDLOADER 9008 or QHUSB_BULK!!!

If i click Enum nothing happens, and when i click Start it says "Waiting for device".

What should i do?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 164
Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
hi,

Please HELP!!! my phone is bricked, it stuck on the boot animation.

I'm on fastboot but on the device manager I didn't nothing like QDLOADER 9008 or QHUSB_BULK!!!

If i click Enum nothing happens, and when i click Start it says "Waiting for device".

What should i do?

You need to power off device before getting into EDL.
Unplug device, maintain power button until screen goes off, wait 30 seconds and retry.

Reactions: strongst
Dec 10, 2014
Help, i have a oneplus 7 that came with 9.5.7 GM57AA when I checked for system updates, it said it had the latest update, update with the oxygen update app to 10.0.1 GM57AA and it came out the same when looking for in update. Now I am at 10.3.3 GM57AA using the app. Why is that happening?, How did you fix it?

Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Help, i have a oneplus 7 that came with 9.5.7 GM57AA when I checked for system updates, it said it had the latest update, update with the oxygen update app to 10.0.1 GM57AA and it came out the same when looking for in update. Now I am at 10.3.3 GM57AA using the app. Why is that happening?, How did you fix it?
1) OnePlus OTA servers are having issues at the moment
2) Why posting that in this thread specifically?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My device boots to the bootloader as soon as I plug in the usb-c cable. Wether I hold volume up + down or not as soon as I plug in the usb cable it instantly boots to fastboot mode. This issue occured when I tried to uninstall Magisk. After uninstall it rebooted to fastboot.
    It won't let me install TWRP or boot to OOS/recovery. The command fastboot devices returns nothing so the device isn't recognized. Is there anything I can do?

EDIT:
    Managed to get into emergency download mode by plugging the usb-c into the phone. The device boots into fastboot automatically, selecting power off and holding vol up + down instantly.

I'm back baby!!
    Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T and OP6 and OP6T, here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tool or unbrick tool) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7.
    They can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS.

You can download the following versions:

GM57AA tools (International firmware):

ANDROID 9:

ANDROID 10:

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

GM57BA tools (European firmware):

ANDROID 9:

ANDROID 10:

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

It supports GM1900, GM1901, GM1903 and GM1905 models.
    You can upgrade to newer versions of OOS using files linked in thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7/how-to/oneplus-7-repo-oxygen-os-builds-t3937152 originally made by @SkandaH

Instructions:

Power your device off
    Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
    Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.
    Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
    Wait ~300 seconds
    Enjoy your brand new device

FAQ:

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

My device doesn't stay in EDL mode for more than 10 seconds

Some units can have this problem and there isn't a lot of things to do to fix that, except being fast after plugging your phone to your computer.

EDIT 7th August 2019: There is apparently a "one-off" solution to this problem available at https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80021106&postcount=21 . I would like to investigate more on that but sadly don't own the device so can't confirm it.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked in first part of this FAQ.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

Credits:

@SkandaH for inspiration in writing
    @headsh0t95 for suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost a few months ago for my previous threads
    @AndroidFileHost for the hosting
    Votton for providing a server as an alternative mirror
    OnePlus for the device and OS
    Added OOS 10.3.2GM57AA and 10.0.5GM57BA unbrick tools.
    Added 10.0.3 and 10.3.0 unbrick tools for GM57AA build as well as 10.0.3 unbrick tool for GM57BA build.
    Added OOS 9.5.8 GM57AA unbrick tool