• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[OP7][OOS 10.3.8 GM57AA & .0.10GM57BA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread

ThatFave

Sep 19, 2017
Help me please.

So, I was trying to revert my OP7 back to 10.3.6. Whilst my device was in EDL mode and msm was running, my pc powered off and now the phone will not show up in the device manager, only as “unknown usb-device”. I now am worried that I might have f’d up something and my phone is not able to connect to my pc again. I already tried to use my laptop, but no luck there either

Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Help me please.

So, I was trying to revert my OP7 back to 10.3.6. Whilst my device was in EDL mode and msm was running, my pc powered off and now the phone will not show up in the device manager, only as “unknown usb-device”. I now am worried that I might have f’d up something and my phone is not able to connect to my pc again. I already tried to use my laptop, but no luck there either
No idea how to fix that, sorry

pavels1

Jan 7, 2016
Hi all,

I tried to install the OOS 10.3.7 on my OP7 (EU version) following the steps described here, but failed :(

Since few days I have the Hydrogen open beta 11 (OP7_H2_BETA_01) installed. Yesterday the OOS 11 open beta 1 was released, so I wanted to switch to that. Simple local update from the device failed.
Then I tried to use the MSM tool to bring it back to OOS 10.3.7, but it stuck on param preprocessing. So I disconnected it after waiting some 10-15 mins. Now I am back to square 1 with a difference that there is neither Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 nor QHUSB_BULK under the Device manager but 'Android device' and I cannot install the Qualcomm driver for this Android device. The phone functions on the H2 beta, boots to fastboot using vol up/down/power keys (but not adb command!), but I cannot flash it. Any ideas?

negalol

Jan 8, 2021
Hi all,

I tried to install the OOS 10.3.7 on my OP7 (EU version) following the steps described here, but failed :(

Since few days I have the Hydrogen open beta 11 (OP7_H2_BETA_01) installed. Yesterday the OOS 11 open beta 1 was released, so I wanted to switch to that. Simple local update from the device failed.
Then I tried to use the MSM tool to bring it back to OOS 10.3.7, but it stuck on param preprocessing. So I disconnected it after waiting some 10-15 mins. Now I am back to square 1 with a difference that there is neither Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 nor QHUSB_BULK under the Device manager but 'Android device' and I cannot install the Qualcomm driver for this Android device. The phone functions on the H2 beta, boots to fastboot using vol up/down/power keys (but not adb command!), but I cannot flash it. Any ideas?

U should use "#fastboot update ...../*.zip" from zip with full content of .img's ...
and fake file android-info.txt

Ill make the dromefiles archive for u, and try install los with correct recovery, where u could turn on slideload and flash TWRP.

Fully workfull strategy...

Here is the archive , which u will be needed.

pavels1

Jan 7, 2016
U should use "#fastboot update ...../*.zip" from zip with full content of .img's ...

Ill make the dromefiles archive for u, and try install los with correct recovery, where u could turn on slideload and flash TWRP.

Thanks for your reply and files. I could not find "fastboot update" in the zip though 🤔
Did you mean I should flash fastboot as described here:
Or something else? Apologies for my ignorance, but I have little experience with flashing OP :confused:

pavels1

Jan 7, 2016

Thanks for your reply and files. I could not find "fastboot update" in the zip though 🤔
Or something else? If so, do I need to flash all partitions or just persist or critical? Apologies for my ignorance, but I have little experience with flashing OP

negalol

Jan 8, 2021
Or something else? If so, do I need to flash all partitions or just persist or critical? Apologies for my ignorance, but I have little experience with flashing OP

no, u need just run cmd / or terminal. And next write command , sudo fastboot update .....zip (meens directory of zip file)
And check the connection of your device.

menitin91

Apr 19, 2014
Hi , I am having an issue with my device, i wanted to try Official Beta 2 build so ,performed local upgrate with full Beta2 but after that step it gets restart and i get error in recovery regarding op7 img. I dont have fastboot unlocked , and also when i try msmtool i got stuck at param uploading , although that i got from other thread but now i am trying one from this 10.3.7 .
Is there any other way for me to boot into my device ?

DartGerion

Dec 8, 2018
Hi,
Is it possible to get the 10.3.8 unbrick files? My phone is dead and i'm panicking if i can unbrick it with 10.3.7 firmware without damaging it

JerryDaBaaws

Apr 4, 2018
@Some_Random_Username Can you please help me :(

Managed to brick my phone, and now my device is showing as `Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E(COM3) in device manager instead of QUALCOMM 9008.

- It is not showing up in MSM tool.

- I can turn it on by holding power+Vup , where it boots to the bootloader unlock screen and then screen turns off ( device is still on as I can connect to pc using usb and it shows up in device manager )

- can't boot to fastboot/recovery at all

edit : nvm, somehow I managed to boot with correct driver immediately after I bootup the phone , YAY

Last edited:

trueToastedCode

Mar 14, 2019
Cologne
OnePlus 7
Found save way to fix auto reboot
1. Turn off connection and go into device manager
2. Connect your device (Make sure the driver is not installed or uninstall if it's the case), then wait 30s or so until in Windows the disconnect sound appears
3. Although the disconnect sound appeared, the device will not reboot. Now install the driver manuell, keep the window open
4. You can re-enable your internet and start the MSM tool
5. Uninstall the driver

Reactions: negalol

chomsky55

Sep 21, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 5T
My device boots to the bootloader as soon as I plug in the usb-c cable. Wether I hold volume up + down or not as soon as I plug in the usb cable it instantly boots to fastboot mode. This issue occured when I tried to uninstall Magisk. After uninstall it rebooted to fastboot.
It won't let me install TWRP or boot to OOS/recovery. The command fastboot devices returns nothing so the device isn't recognized. Is there anything I can do?

EDIT:
Managed to get into emergency download mode by plugging the usb-c into the phone. The device boots into fastboot automatically, selecting power off and holding vol up + down instantly.

I'm back baby!!

Last edited:
Reactions: negalol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My device boots to the bootloader as soon as I plug in the usb-c cable. Wether I hold volume up + down or not as soon as I plug in the usb cable it instantly boots to fastboot mode. This issue occured when I tried to uninstall Magisk. After uninstall it rebooted to fastboot.
    It won't let me install TWRP or boot to OOS/recovery. The command fastboot devices returns nothing so the device isn't recognized. Is there anything I can do?

EDIT:
    Managed to get into emergency download mode by plugging the usb-c into the phone. The device boots into fastboot automatically, selecting power off and holding vol up + down instantly.

I'm back baby!!
    Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T and OP6 and OP6T, here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tool or unbrick tool) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7.
    They can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS.

You can download the following versions:

GM57AA tools (International firmware):

ANDROID 9:

ANDROID 10:

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

GM57BA tools (European firmware):

ANDROID 9:

ANDROID 10:

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

It supports GM1900, GM1901, GM1903 and GM1905 models.
    You can upgrade to newer versions of OOS using files linked in thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7/how-to/oneplus-7-repo-oxygen-os-builds-t3937152 originally made by @SkandaH

Instructions:

Power your device off
    Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
    Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.
    Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
    Wait ~300 seconds
    Enjoy your brand new device

FAQ:

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

My device doesn't stay in EDL mode for more than 10 seconds

Some units can have this problem and there isn't a lot of things to do to fix that, except being fast after plugging your phone to your computer.

EDIT 7th August 2019: There is apparently a "one-off" solution to this problem available at https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80021106&postcount=21 . I would like to investigate more on that but sadly don't own the device so can't confirm it.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked in first part of this FAQ.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

Credits:

@SkandaH for inspiration in writing
    @headsh0t95 for suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost a few months ago for my previous threads
    @AndroidFileHost for the hosting
    Votton for providing a server as an alternative mirror
    OnePlus for the device and OS
    Added OOS 10.3.2GM57AA and 10.0.5GM57BA unbrick tools.
    Added 10.0.3 and 10.3.0 unbrick tools for GM57AA build as well as 10.0.3 unbrick tool for GM57BA build.
    Added OOS 9.5.8 GM57AA unbrick tool