• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[OP7PRO][LATEST OOS 10.3.8 GM21AA | OOS 10.0.10 GM21BA] Collection of unbrick tools

Search This thread
Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Good morning, everyone
I am new to this topic, I followed all the steps of OP, but OPO7 Pro goes into EDL, it is recognized by MsM Tool, execute, it gives an error.
My OPO7 Pro is a T-Mobile, converted to international version.

Someone can explain me how to perform this procedure in this type of OPO7 Pro.

Excuse my ignorance

You need to use the T-Mobile specific tool.

My volume up (vol+) button not working.. anyother method to go EDL mode without pressing anykey vol+ & vol-?

You can use adb reboot edl

ramrastus

Jun 22, 2013
Madurai
facebook.com
Yes I know that bro.. but it's not stay as long just rebooted quickly.. and In msmtool I'm notice, my pc doesn't recognise my device.. it's reboot shortly to normal (starts phone).

Can you explain or upload small video to go edl mode without button pressing..???

Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Yes I know that bro.. but it's not stay as long just rebooted quickly.. and In msmtool I'm notice, my pc doesn't recognise my device.. it's reboot shortly to normal (starts phone).

Can you explain or upload small video to go edl mode without button pressing..???

I don't own that device so can't make a video.
Have you installed the Qualcomm drivers linked in the FAQ since you say your device can't be detected?

ramrastus

Jun 22, 2013
Madurai
facebook.com
I don't own that device so can't make a video.
Have you installed the Qualcomm drivers linked in the FAQ since you say your device can't be detected?
Yes I was installed Qualcomm drivers n my pc and it's shows "Qualcomm xxxx 9008" already installed in device manager. I think there's no problem with drivers.. it was already installed.

And I think if we boot edl mode from vol+, vol- & power button (manually) it's work well & connected in msmtool. but, when we boot edl mode from pc or twrp "device not detecting in msmtool". also phone stays short time (2sec) in edl mode I guess & quickly booted to normal mode.. now, what i do for this case?

And past five months back, I was already flashed stock oos 10.3.2 via msmtool from this thread.. it's worked well..

but now, my device volume up (vol+) button not working.. that's why I can't boot my device to edl mode..
I tried "adb reboot edl" and "fastboot reboot edl" method, to boot edl mode in cmd from windows. it's rebooted.. but it was booted normal mode instead of edl mode..

Now I want to boot my device to EDL mode without using Volume button..

Any solution?

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Yes I was installed Qualcomm drivers n my pc and it's shows "Qualcomm xxxx 9008" already installed in device manager. I think there's no problem with drivers.. it was already installed.

And I think if we boot edl mode from vol+, vol- & power button (manually) it's work well & connected in msmtool. but, when we boot edl mode from pc or twrp "device not detecting in msmtool". also phone stays short time (2sec) in edl mode I guess & quickly booted to normal mode.. now, what i do for this case?

And past five months back, I was already flashed stock oos 10.3.2 via msmtool from this thread.. it's worked well..

but now, my device volume up (vol+) button not working.. that's why I can't boot my device to edl mode..
I tried "adb reboot edl" and "fastboot reboot edl" method, to boot edl mode in cmd from windows. it's rebooted.. but it was booted normal mode instead of edl mode..

Now I want to boot my device to EDL mode without using Volume button..

Any solution?
fastboot reboot edl never existed on OnePlus devices, so that's not a surprise.
However I find really odd that using adb reboot edl leads you to normal boot mode as it shouldn't.
You may try installing Magisk Manager on your phone and choosing reboot to EDL from there, but if it doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

ramrastus

Jun 22, 2013
Madurai
facebook.com
fastboot reboot edl never existed on OnePlus devices, so that's not a surprise.
However I find really odd that using adb reboot edl leads you to normal boot mode as it shouldn't.
You may try installing Magisk Manager on your phone and choosing reboot to EDL from there, but if it doesn't work I'm out of ideas.
Tried from magisk also...and it's rebooted to edl mode.. but same result only.. it's rebooted to normal mode before detecting process complete..

mamdouhn

Feb 21, 2007
Amman
Thanks it's work very well , I want to ask should I wipe any partition before I use msm tools ? I asked because I found some files I used before in my system ! I didn't wipe data or factory reset , I used the tools direct

ramrastus

Jun 22, 2013
Madurai
facebook.com
Rather odd, I don't know how you can recover your device then, you may need an RMA.
RMA means? Please explain ?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

RMA meaning Got it bro!
Already my device working good with rooted oos 10.3.5 & addon like Dolby Atmos, Viper4A ? (flashed via twrp)!

But in future if i (got any bootloop/Stuck with fastboot) want to flash stock rom via msmtool.. unfortunately I can't flash it.. bcos my device vol+ button not working..

That's why I'm asking how to go EDL mode without using volume button..

Last edited:

ayesse

Jul 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

RMA meaning Got it bro!
Already my device working good with rooted oos 10.3.5 & addon like Dolby Atmos, Viper4A ? (flashed via twrp)!

But in future if i (got any bootloop/Stuck with fastboot) want to flash stock rom via msmtool.. unfortunately I can't flash it.. bcos my device vol+ button not working..

That's why I'm asking how to go EDL mode without using volume button..

If you can boot into twrp you can reboot into EDL mode from there

[email protected]

Nov 1, 2020
Aveiro
Hi everyone,
I try make some upgrade on my oneplus7TproMclaren for fix microphone not working on videoCalls and i complete Block the Phone :( now stay always with mclaren icon and dont pass from there........
What a ****ing mistake.....
Already try everything but fast Boot is not possible because dont have make active the USB debuging.....
Can some help me please.....
in this case what to do???!!!
Already download everything from here...

Etoo22

Jun 28, 2019
@ramrastus ...In order to solve your problem. Just press START command in msm download and wait before you boot your phone into edl mode. The process will automatically start when your phone successfully boot into edl mode. Just try and it will work for you this time.

Last edited:

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
@ramrastus ...In order to solve your problem. Just press START command in msm download and wait before you boot your phone into edl mode. The process will automatically start when your phone successfully boot into edl mode. Just try and it will work for you this time.

This is how I do it every time. Never have any issues.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Hi everyone,
I try make some upgrade on my oneplus7TproMclaren for fix microphone not working on videoCalls and i complete Block the Phone :( now stay always with mclaren icon and dont pass from there........
What a ****ing mistake.....
Already try everything but fast Boot is not possible because dont have make active the USB debuging.....
Can some help me please.....
in this case what to do???!!!
Already download everything from here...

Try wiping data in recovery

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

So I can use this on a TMO version flashed international correct?

giacomowrc

May 8, 2011
Good evenig, I've a few question about the msm tool.
I've a chinese op7 pro (GM1910) with international rom and root. Now I'm selling my device and I've back to stock.
I downloaded the MSM tool for AA (international) device, is it correct? Is it fully compatible with my GM1910?
My device don't stay in EDL mode for more of 10 sec, but if i always keep pressed both volume keys the device stays in EDL mode.
What I'm thinking to do is going in EDL mode and always keeping keys pressed, open MSM tool, release the keys and after press start. In this way I've not to rush the procedure.
I checked with a test, in this way MSM tool says that device is connected.
At this point I release the keys and I've 10 second to press start, before it disconnect.
Is it all correct?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts