[OP7PRO][LATEST OOS 11.0.5.1 GM21AA/GM21BA] Collection of unbrick tools

Search This thread

lllyyyz

Dec 14, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Take the liberty to ask, what is the difference between MsmDownloadTool V4.0_factory and MsmDownloadTool V4.0 in OnePlus_7_Pro_Global_OxygenOS_11.0.5.1? And the login in MsmDownloadTool V4.0, should I choose other?

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
Take the liberty to ask, what is the difference between MsmDownloadTool V4.0_factory and MsmDownloadTool V4.0 in OnePlus_7_Pro_Global_OxygenOS_11.0.5.1? And the login in MsmDownloadTool V4.0, should I choose other?
I could not get 4.0 factory to work so I have been using the 4.0 and selecting other in the drop down and it's worked great for me . Hth

ludester

Nov 22, 2007
Toronto
The instructions in the OP are horrible. For anyone trying to do this;

1. Power off phone
2. Hold Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and plug USB cable in at the same time
3. Download Qualcomm Drivers from the site and follow the instructions in the zip file to install the driver
4. After downloading and extracting the correct package for your phone, extract the Zip file and run MSMDownloadTool V4.0
5. Choose Other from the list
6. Verify device is shown in the list (should be on a COM port)
7. Hit Start

titanreign

Nov 1, 2012
I've been getting this same "The system cannot find the file specified" problem from Device Manager and FINALLY figured out how to get up-to-date Windows 10 to work!!

Assuming the device is already plugged into the computer in EDL mode:

After the prompt gets the error from trying to load the cab file it will offer to search Windows Update to find a driver. After one or two of saying "Yes, please search" in Device Manager it will open the Windows Update section of Windows Settings and there's a little "Optional Updates" section that's collapsed. If you go to it, it offers this driver:

View attachment 5413865

Check the box for the driver, allow Windows Update to install it, then Device Manager should properly have the Qualcomm device under Ports instead of Other Devices. MSM should now recognize the device and be able to flash it!

View attachment 5413863

I finally have my device working again!! :D

View attachment 5413867

THIS.
THANK YOU.

Reactions: Hyperling

shadowikr

Jul 28, 2015
OnePlus 7 Pro

cousinit99

Oct 10, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
If you're getting a param preload failed error, I can confirm that not using the cable that came with the device can cause this. I was using a USB 3.0 cable, and the cable that comes with the phone is USB 2.0. After switching to the red OEM cable, the download worked.

Top Liked Posts