[OP7PRO][LATEST OOS 11.0.5.1 GM21AA/GM21BA] Collection of unbrick tools

Search This thread

Bobthahog

Good evenig, I've a few question about the msm tool.
I've a chinese op7 pro (GM1910) with international rom and root. Now I'm selling my device and I've back to stock.
I downloaded the MSM tool for AA (international) device, is it correct? Is it fully compatible with my GM1910?
My device don't stay in EDL mode for more of 10 sec, but if i always keep pressed both volume keys the device stays in EDL mode.
What I'm thinking to do is going in EDL mode and always keeping keys pressed, open MSM tool, release the keys and after press start. In this way I've not to rush the procedure.
I checked with a test, in this way MSM tool says that device is connected.
At this point I release the keys and I've 10 second to press start, before it disconnect.
Is it all correct?
I used the tool in this thread and flashed a global ROM onto my T-Mobile OnePlus 7 pro and turned it into a dual SIM. So right now I have it rooted with TWRP but if I ever go to sell it I'm going to keep it as a T-Mobile model but with dual SIM.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...ol-tool-one-driversunlocktwrpfactory-t3930862

Sent from my Samsung SM-G986U using XDA Labs

thedeadfish59

May 28, 2013
Saudi Arabia
web.facebook.com
OnePlus 6T
IDK if its solvable or not, but suddenly my op7pro crashed and wasnt turning on, managed to go on EDL using key combo, its not flashing completely, giving SHA256 error, and ends with failing, tried almost all msmtool, device stays this way, phone was unrooted, bootloader locked, gm-1910 chinese, with international installed

however, download gets completed if i uncheck SHA256 check, but it never boots, feeling pissed, am sorry to mention you but any thoughts or comments on this @Some_Random_Username ?

My issue is kinda similar with this guy https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...no-button-response-at-all-sha256-fail.1175413

With SHA check:
Screenshot_1.png

Without SHA check, but never boots up
1607622650806.png

Last edited:

ayesse

Jul 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
IDK if its solvable or not, but suddenly my op7pro crashed and wasnt turning on, managed to go on EDL using key combo, its not flashing completely, giving SHA256 error, and ends with failing, tried almost all msmtool, device stays this way, phone was unrooted, bootloader locked, gm-1910 chinese, with international installed

however, download gets completed if i uncheck SHA256 check, but it never boots, feeling pissed, am sorry to mention you but any thoughts or comments on this @Some_Random_Username ?

My issue is kinda similar with this guy https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...no-button-response-at-all-sha256-fail.1175413

With SHA check:View attachment 5153381
View attachment 5153405

The SHA256 error means that the package is corrupted. Click "Verify" and check if it's ok, if it's not you have to download it again

thedeadfish59

May 28, 2013
Saudi Arabia
web.facebook.com
OnePlus 6T
The SHA256 error means that the package is corrupted. Click "Verify" and check if it's ok, if it's not you have to download it again
haha, nah its not that mate, i did verify, did SMT mode too (ik very well that will f up my IMEI), no luck, and do check the link i provided there, the guy who faced same issue too :)

Add: My Internet speed is decent and stable enough, 70Mbps, and i downloaded almost all msmtool available for guacamole, but same result with all of em

Added OOS 10.3.7/10.0.10 MSM tools

With SHA check:View attachment 5153381
View attachment 5153405
Sorry no idea, you may need an RMA

Soumy1234

Aug 19, 2017
Is there a way to only flash the boot partition with this tool/edl mode? My OP7P only boots to BL and isn't detected by fastboot. I want to retain or at least extract my data so I was hoping to flash a stock boot img to then boot twrp hopefully.

1poweruser1

Jul 21, 2020
thanks for the tool

i booted op7 in edl (connect cable while holding vol+ and vol- with phone off), installed edl drivers with a windows update search (they show up as additional updates in win10) and ran msmtoolkit

when "download complete" showed up in msm i pressed stop

after the phone rebooted i ran a local os update with latest ota full zip

i unlocked the bootloader by going to developer settings and enabling oem unlock then booted the phone in bootloader (vol- and power) and unlocked with
Code:
fastboot oem unlock

i noticed that everything gets flashed to slot_a and since I wanted to flash lineage i ran
Code:
fastboot getvar current-slot
fastboot --set-active=_b
if it doesnt work try
Code:
fastboot --set-active=b
so when i booted twrp
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
i pressed "format data" and lineage flashed to slot a

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
I only have limited access to a Windows PC, and I'm wondering: has anyone found a way to get the unbrick module for 10.3.8 (i.e., guacamole_21_P.32_210127.zip) to be flashable via linux instead of via the Windows-based MSM tool? I don't want to have to purchase a Windows machine simply to use for very infrequent unbricking of my Android device, and I don't want to have to purchase something like Parallels and then also purchase a Windows license.

Also, I tried this under wine a while ago, and it didn't work.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
I only have limited access to a Windows PC, and I'm wondering: has anyone found a way to get the unbrick module for 10.3.8 (i.e., guacamole_21_P.32_210127.zip) to be flashable via linux instead of via the Windows-based MSM tool? I don't want to have to purchase a Windows machine simply to use for very infrequent unbricking of my Android device, and I don't want to have to purchase something like Parallels and then also purchase a Windows license.

Thank you very much.

Linux user here. I tried using MSM tool on a Windows 10 VM, I managed to get the phone recognized while booted in EDL mode but for some reasons I keep getting the "Sahara Communication Failed, Please try again after power off phobe (PBL:6)" error after clicking on "Start".

Tried switching between USB 2 and 3 ports in the VM settings, holding Volume Up + Volume Down buttons for a longer period of time (~20 seconds), to no avail. I never got the actual restore process starting after 10 or 15 attempts, always the same error.

Maybe that's a VM limitation.

teflon252

Thank you very much.
bro use bootcamp..and Windows 10 is free man...download it from Microsoft...skip serial...and do what u gotta do...i do ALL my modding on my MacBook Pro...

Top Liked Posts