[OP7T] Global Open Beta 3 OTA + Magisk Patch - Only GLOBAL - Download

Search This thread

ystokar

Aug 2, 2012
Installed keeping root

Installed through OS updater. DIDN'T reboot. Disabled magisk modules. Intsalled magisk with OTA method checked. Working well!

stefan.irmen

Jan 11, 2018
Hi!
I want to install OB 3 on my 7t which is currently running OOS 10.0.9 but when i copied the .zip file to my internal storage i cannot proceed a local upgrade because it doesnt find the file. I always get the message "copy update file to internal root folder"...

What am i doing wrong?

Thx a lot for your help!

philos64

May 27, 2010
Somewhere in Brittany
Hi!
I want to install OB 3 on my 7t which is currently running OOS 10.0.9 but when i copied the .zip file to my internal storage i cannot proceed a local upgrade because it doesnt find the file. I always get the message "copy update file to internal root folder"...
What am i doing wrong?
Thx a lot for your help!

The process for:

• Download the software build for your device on this page. Please back up your data before flashing your device.
  • Plug your phone into your computer and copy the downloaded .zip to your phone’s storage. If you’re using a Mac, you can install Android File Transfer for this operation.
  • After the .zip file is copied to your phone, go to 'Settings' - 'system update', click the 'settings' icon on the top right corner, choose 'Local upgrade', find the .zip file and click on 'Install' to confirm.
  • The update takes about a minute (depending upon the file size), once done reboot your device to boot into the latest Oxygen OS.
And if you want to be rooted, just use this process:

• Download the OB3 Magisk Patch (OP )
  • Rename it ob3 and sent to your fastboot folder
  • Reboot your device in bootloader-fastboot mod
  • Flash the patch ob3.img in the boot partition:
  • fastboot flash boot ob3.img
  • Reboot your device
  • Install Magisk Manager

Last edited:

stefan.irmen

Jan 11, 2018
Thx for the info, i did this as you described but when i go to settings - local upgrade, the downloaded zip file is not found??? But it is in internal storage... I dont know what to do...

bugra333

Oct 22, 2011
ANTALYA
www.maxicep.com
The process for:

• Download the software build for your device on this page. Please back up your data before flashing your device.
  • Plug your phone into your computer and copy the downloaded .zip to your phone’s storage. If you’re using a Mac, you can install Android File Transfer for this operation.
  • After the .zip file is copied to your phone, go to 'Settings' - 'system update', click the 'settings' icon on the top right corner, choose 'Local upgrade', find the .zip file and click on 'Install' to confirm.
  • The update takes about a minute (depending upon the file size), once done reboot your device to boot into the latest Oxygen OS.

• Download the OB3 Magisk Patch (OP )
  • Rename it ob3 and sent to your fastboot folder
  • Reboot your device in bootloader-fastboot mod
  • Flash the patch ob3.img in the boot partition:
  • fastboot flash boot ob3.img
  • Reboot your device
  • Install Magisk Manager

Can u share "OB3 Stock boot.img" ?

anuradha96

May 11, 2013
Colombo
Can someone tell me the correct order to install this? There are two methods mentioned here and I'm confused.
I'm on Global 10.0.9 rooted with BluSpark kernel.
Do I have to clear the storage?

ram4ufriends

Aug 12, 2014
San Antonio
Google Pixel 5
OnePlus 9
The process for:

Download the software build for your device on this page. Please back up your data before flashing your device.
Plug your phone into your computer and copy the downloaded .zip to your phone’s storage. If you’re using a Mac, you can install Android File Transfer for this operation.
After the .zip file is copied to your phone, go to 'Settings' - 'system update', click the 'settings' icon on the top right corner, choose 'Local upgrade', find the .zip file and click on 'Install' to confirm.
The update takes about a minute (depending upon the file size), once done reboot your device to boot into the latest Oxygen OS.

Download the OB3 Magisk Patch (OP )
Rename it ob3 and sent to your fastboot folder
Reboot your device in bootloader-fastboot mod
Flash the patch ob3.img in the boot partition:
fastboot flash boot ob3.img
Reboot your device
Install Magisk Manager
Flashing the magisk img fails my safetynet..anyone got the same?

philos64

May 27, 2010
Somewhere in Brittany
Flashing the magisk img fails my safetynet..anyone got the same?
Hi,
Can you explain ?

That is the same Magisk Patched Boot.img that I've used for my OP 7T and all is good.

I think that you're not rooted simply

Have you installed Magisk manager, flashed Magisk correctly by selecting the right method which is "Select and patch a file"

My magisk patch is good, it is you who did not finalize the root !:silly:

anuradha96

May 11, 2013
Colombo
Could you guys take a screenshot of the new status bar icons? Completely filled in and half? Is it still possible to change the battery into circle?

It is possible to change the battery in to circle.
Here is a screenshot shot with half filled status bar :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200509-191209.jpg
    Screenshot_20200509-191209.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 237

Udzi

Aug 6, 2009
Black Forest
It is possible to change the battery in to circle.
Here is a screenshot shot with half filled status bar :)
Thanks but ewww...the battery icon looks awful. That's the default Q style isn't it? Shame on you OnePlus jumping on the "Everything is edged" train.
I really like the Pie Style Icons and will stick to OB2 for a while

dioooi

Sep 20, 2008
Georgetown, Penang
The process for:

Download the software build for your device on this page. Please back up your data before flashing your device.
Plug your phone into your computer and copy the downloaded .zip to your phone’s storage. If you’re using a Mac, you can install Android File Transfer for this operation.
After the .zip file is copied to your phone, go to 'Settings' - 'system update', click the 'settings' icon on the top right corner, choose 'Local upgrade', find the .zip file and click on 'Install' to confirm.
The update takes about a minute (depending upon the file size), once done reboot your device to boot into the latest Oxygen OS.

Download the OB3 Magisk Patch (OP )
Rename it ob3 and sent to your fastboot folder
Reboot your device in bootloader-fastboot mod
Flash the patch ob3.img in the boot partition:
fastboot flash boot ob3.img
Reboot your device
Install Magisk Manager

Hi, about OB3 Magisk Patch. I am now on OB3 with Magisk root after flashing from stable 1.0.0.9 Global.
Do I still need to fastboot this OB3 Magisk Patch?

Top Liked Posts