• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[OP7T][OOS 10.0.16/15 HD65AA/BA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread

razu788

Mar 28, 2021
how do I know the phone got into EDL mode?

Nevermind, it worked. OP pls note that this tool also works for HD1900 version

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

can you share the patched boot file you used to root it without losing wifi? You used this tool so you should have the 10.0.4 HD65AA version of rom yes? So what was the file you used?
you can make your own patch file with the rom version. Just you need to find payload dumper. First you have to find the payload.bin file from the rom file. then paste it to payload dumper input folder. Then start the process you will get boot.img in output folder. Then take it to your phone. Install magisk mananger then go to install > select patch file, now select the boot.img. Then you will get the patched img.. done..
1616901408131.png
1616901370408.png

Verm111on

Mar 30, 2021
So I am having an issue. My 7t is bricked, and won't even boot into recovery mode without giving me "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot". Booting into edl mode hasn't worked either with hardware buttons or adb commands, as adb doesn't recognize my device and the vol+/vol- method goes into fastboot mode. I'm kinda stuck, any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Fixed, turned out having the bootloader locked wouldn't let recovery mode start, so unlocking it worked. Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:

jwb473

Jan 7, 2018
Hey folks! I need some help if somebody is willing! I have a 7T that I just ran the MSM tool on while in EDL mode. All of that seemed to work ok, but now my phone is stuck in a fastboot cycle. I can use the volume buttons to Start, Restart Bootloader, Recover Mode or Power Off....but no matter what I choose is just restarts into this loop again. Have I eternally bricked my phone? Thanks!

spinkey

Mar 8, 2021
when i checked my device manager and went to update drivers and manually install. found them in the hotdogb file and it says "Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device". my device shows up as "QUSB_BULK_" and not "QDLOADER 9008" like the instructions says. what am i doing wrong?

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
when i checked my device manager and went to update drivers and manually install. found them in the hotdogb file and it says "Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device". my device shows up as "QUSB_BULK_" and not "QDLOADER 9008" like the instructions says. what am i doing wrong?
Needs Qualcomm 9008 drivers for windoze 10

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Hey folks! I need some help if somebody is willing! I have a 7T that I just ran the MSM tool on while in EDL mode. All of that seemed to work ok, but now my phone is stuck in a fastboot cycle. I can use the volume buttons to Start, Restart Bootloader, Recover Mode or Power Off....but no matter what I choose is just restarts into this loop again. Have I eternally bricked my phone? Thanks!
Fastboot flash stock rom (flash-all script)

tuntun2526

May 28, 2015
So I am having an issue. My 7t is bricked, and won't even boot into recovery mode without giving me "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot". Booting into edl mode hasn't worked either with hardware buttons or adb commands, as adb doesn't recognize my device and the vol+/vol- method goes into fastboot mode. I'm kinda stuck, any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Fixed, turned out having the bootloader locked wouldn't let recovery mode start, so unlocking it worked. Hope this helps someone!
How did you unlock the BL ,facing same issue.

wugga3

Oct 15, 2014
Ontario
OnePlus 7T
Hello I'm hoping that I'm not too far off topic... And thanks for this tool.

But I'm wondering if this is correct and working:

Restore your phone completely with MSM tool to Oxygen OS 10.0.0.16. OTA to latest 11 and you'll have L1. (with unlocked bootloader and root). That's how I did mine

Can anyone advise me on this method as above is true? Cause OnePlus said to update from 10 to 11 to fix widevine which didn't work due to unlocked bootloader so now I'm confused....

Thanks

Edit: I haven't figured out yet why I'm instructed to do 10 first then 11??? Why shouldn't or wouldn't I just use 11 only? ... Cause I'm wondering why I even need to use 10 then 11 - rather than just 11?

Last edited:

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Hello I'm hoping that I'm not too far off topic... And thanks for this tool.

But I'm wondering if this is correct and working:

Restore your phone completely with MSM tool to Oxygen OS 10.0.0.16. OTA to latest 11 and you'll have L1. (with unlocked bootloader and root). That's how I did mine

Can anyone advise me on this method as above is true? Cause OnePlus said to update from 10 to 11 to fix widevine which didn't work due to unlocked bootloader so now I'm confused....

Thanks

Edit: I haven't figured out yet why I'm instructed to do 10 first then 11??? Why shouldn't or wouldn't I just use 11 only? ... Cause I'm wondering why I even need to use 10 then 11 - rather than just 11?
Cuz no msmtool for oos11, only oos10. Fastbooting oos11 won't work as missing system_ext partition only present in oos11

feelpt

Feb 5, 2012
You're not supposed to be in fastboot.
Power off phone. Wait some seconds. Get your cable ready in the meantime, open the MSM tool, select target, maybe even hit Verify and wait for success.
Then press VOL+ and VOL-, and while keeping pressed, insert USB, and keep them pressed. In a couple of seconds you should see the app update, and connected should show next to the port. Now press start, and once text changes in the status column, you can let go of the VOL buttons.

Wait ~5 min and you're done.
I've never had to manually install drivers, Win 10 does it automatically

for future reference!

I think this is where a lot of us get lost.

mmttrung1

May 20, 2014
Trouble issue qusb_bulk not show on win 10:
Pre setup:
QDLoader+HS-USB+Driver_64bit_Setup (Select option 1 WWAN...)
Qualcom driver

Step 1: Back to rom pixel experience:
+ Flash TWRP PIXEL with file (File TWRP: Link download and change name to Pixel_TWRP.img)
Run CMD:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_a Pixel_TWRP.img
fastboot flash recovery_b Pixel_TWRP.img
fastboot set_active a

Step 2: Flash rom pixel (Link rom: LINK)
Reboot to TWRP with active partion is a > advance> apply update. Run CMD
Run CMD:
Code:
adb sideload PixelExperience_Plus_hotdogb-11.0-20210622-0904-OFFICIAL.zip

Step 3: Rom install is successfully > enable mode develop and access debug with trust device>
and Run CMD:
Code:
adb reboot edl

Step 4: Run Msmdownload and choice type rom (EU or O2) > click on num > start
Enjoy it
1.PNG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've tried to return my OP7T to stock, Flashing Stock OOS and then locking the bootloader and now my device keep coming up with "Your device is corrupt, It can't be trusted and will not boot"
    Now i download the MSM Tool v4 and i couldn't make it to recognize my phone.
    In device manager the phone shows up as this:

issue.jpg

Neither QHUSB_BULK or QDLOADER 9008.

*EDIT*
    I was able to get it to work.
    *By doing this you take full responsibility for your actions and i am not responsible for your device.

Here are the steps if anyone have the same issue as i did:
    1. Uninstall all USB Drivers like OnePlus, Qualcomm, Samsung etc.
    2. Disable Windows Driver Verification.
    3. Power off your Phone.
    4. Open MSM Tool and Insert the USB Cable while the phone is Off.
    5. Press Volume Up and Down
    6. Open Device Manager in Windows and look for QHSUSB_BULK under "Other devices".
    7. Right Click on the QHSUSB_BULK and choose Update Driver.
    a. Now click on "Browse my computer for driver software" and then click on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers".
    b. Now you'll see a list, just click next and then click on "Have Disk" bottom on the right, Navigate to the drivers folder download from this thread and look for qcser file, Highlight it and click Open.
    8. Now you will able to see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, click on Install and wait until the driver installs.
    9. Now you should see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 under "Ports" in Device Manager.
    Now just follow the instructions on this thread to unbrick your device.
    Hope it helps.
    Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7 and OP7PRO here is the EDL package (also known as MSM tool or unbrick tool) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7T.
    It can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS.

You can download the following versions:

HD65AA tools (International and indian firmware):
    ANDROID 10:

HD65BA tools (European firmware):
    ANDROID 10:

It should work with HD1900 (Chinese variant), HD1901 (Indian variant) and HD1905 (North America) models.

Instructions:

Power your device off
    Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
    Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.
    Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
    Wait ~300 seconds
    Enjoy your brand new device

FAQ:

I see a target button, what is that?

As you may (or may not!) be aware there are starting from 7T-Series build specifics to India.
    Selecting "O2" as target should give you the global firmware while selecting "India" as target should give you the Indian one. See for a screenshot.

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked in first part of this FAQ.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

Credits:

@aleck0112 for confirming tool works with HD1900 version
    @anirudhgupta109 for sharing original link of 10.0.4 HD65AA from OnePlus
    @Titokhan for being a friend and providing inspiration in writing
    @headsh0t95 for being a friend and suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost now one year ago for my previous threads
    @AndroidFileHost for the hosting
    Votton for providing a server as an alternative mirror
    OnePlus for the device and OS
    Added 10.0.4 HD65BA (restore to EU firmware, forgot to upload it earlier) as well as 10.0.7 HD65AA and HD65BA unbrick tools (credit goes to @viperbjk for them)
    Added OOS 10.0.16 (global) MSM
    Does anybody know how to get a MSMDownloadTool for the EU-Version of Oneplus 7T (HD1903)?

Probably not necessary. I just took the leep in the dark and went with "O2". And it all worked fine!

My 7t was hard bricked (only qualcomm modem working), and German OnePlus support wouldn't even want to get me the MSM tool (they said they didn't have it at their disposal, yet). Now, after using just this thread's exact MSM tool, with O2 Setting, my 7t is back on and I even manavged to fully root it!