OP7T ROM Installing Partition Error

Search This thread

itssata

Apr 20, 2021
After trying to install a custom ROM (PixelExperience for OnePlus 7T [hotdogb]) via fastboot, the installation flashing ended with errors with "no such partition" for odm, product and system I tried everything to get out of the fastboot screen loop. After finding a bat file with IMG files which got me on the Android 11 Beta 1. build (still no WiFi)
What can I do to fix the partition error to get on the Pixel Experience ROM or even get back to the stable build - I did try MSM but it isn't listing the phone even after pressing ENUM.
Please help...

Context (can skip): The latest stable build OOS for my 7T had issues with the microphone not working and so I decided to do a factory reset which resulted in having a clean install but now, WiFi doesn't connect for some reason. After trying some fixes I decided to install a custom ROM.

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
U need to flash stock recovery (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img) as twrp prevents fastbootD entry. Then type fastboot reboot fastboot to enter fastbootD. Then flash your rom. Personally, I just flash roms via Chinese twrp or 3.5.10 twrp

itssata

Apr 20, 2021
U need to flash stock recovery (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img) as twrp prevents fastbootD entry. Then type fastboot reboot fastboot to enter fastbootD. Then flash your rom. Personally, I just flash roms via Chinese twrp or 3.5.10 twrp
that was my process for the first try - entered fastbootD for the flashing process which ended with the mentioned partition error and the fastboot loop. I realised that TWRP version I got from TOOL ALL IN ONE wasn't going to work as it couldn't access data no matter what.

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
No twrp can decrypt oos or a11 custom roms data. Chinese twrp can access data only on a10 custom roms if u remove screen lock before booting into twrp for backup