OP7T - Someone was asking about videos for unlocking/rooting without TWRP - Here's a couple that work

Search This thread

hachamacha

Jun 15, 2010
I finally got one of these 7T's (international) for a great price and fired it up, didn't do a bit of setup, rather slipped out after WIFI connect so as not to waste time, then used these two videos to unlock, root without TWRP, get Magisk to declare the phone rooted passing checks, and installed Viper 2.5.0.5 which works fine too.

Thanks to 'iFaiq Nerd' for the videos. Yeah, they're older and for older versions of 7T OOS, but work fine just by changing the OOS you're working with. You make all the files you need from your own.

I did this because I listened to them and decided he hadn't missed anything and also because I've heard video's asked for in here but didn't see a reference to these two. So far, aside from the OP7T being the side of a small house and weighing as much, it works great.

Note: You might not understand the voice in the video that well, so I recommend expanding the image and using closed captions just to be sure you're doing this correctly.

Edit: I realized when I finally rebooted for the first time yesterday that the boot_b partition hadn't been flashed so I'm adding that as the final instruction. When you're done with the above and all appears to be working fine and you're in the phone, reboot into fastboot, then do this from wherever you put your patched-magisk.

Code:
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img

Then it boots fine each time.

edit: now working on this for 11.0.0.2 global. - Will write a simple install procedure if update works (Viper works, patch-magisk works, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: ndreyit

hachamacha

Jun 15, 2010
I finally got one of these 7T's (international) for a great price and fired it up, didn't do a bit of setup, rather slipped out after WIFI connect so as not to waste time, then used these two videos to unlock, root without TWRP, get Magisk to declare the phone rooted passing checks, and installed Viper 2.5.0.5 which works fine too.

Thanks to 'iFaiq Nerd' for the videos. Yeah, they're older and for older versions of 7T OOS, but work fine just by changing the OOS you're working with. You make all the files you need from your own.

I did this because I listened to them and decided he hadn't missed anything and also because I've heard video's asked for in here but didn't see a reference to these two. So far, aside from the OP7T being the side of a small house and weighing as much, it works great.

Note: You might not understand the voice in the video that well, so I recommend expanding the image and using closed captions just to be sure you're doing this correctly.

Edit: I realized when I finally rebooted for the first time yesterday that the boot_b partition hadn't been flashed so I'm adding that as the final instruction. When you're done with the above and all appears to be working fine and you're in the phone, reboot into fastboot, then do this from wherever you put your patched-magisk.

Code:

edit: now working on this for 11.0.0.2 global. - Will write a simple install procedure if update works (Viper works, patch-magisk works, etc).
Updated to 11.0.0.2 using local - made magisk-patched.img from latest magisk and boot.img as extracted from payload of latest zip distribution.
So far, all is working well, no data on charge life but 11.0 stable was very battery friendly. -- oh yeah: The same Viper I'd used before along with the post-shell.sh file works fine.

Note 2: In V11, it takes me about 3-5 days for the playstore certification but it all works anyway until that time. - I do go to the google certification site and register it using device-id android services framework # - Cheers.

And finally. I really never had a use for the Videos - I just do what I said in the line above. I put someone's vids up because they worked the first time and they were requested.

If anyone needs magic-patched for Global OP7T (works on hd1903 & 7 maybe others). I made one from the boot.img for hd1903 global.

Edit: Just did same thing for 11.0.1.1 global and it works fine: Used the latest magisk patched boot.img -

Screenshot_20210525-064551.jpg
Screenshot_20210525-064617.jpg

Screenshot_20210422-071457.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code: