• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OP7T][Stock/Magisk] OxygenOS 11.0.2.1.HD65AA boot.img

Search This thread
Sep 3, 2020
OnePlus 7T
didnt work. i got stuck on the booting animation. ive heard this is an issue and have experienced this personally with the past 3 updates. i downloaded the patched image to my pc. ive got all the drivers installed and everything. i go into fastboot mode and use this command
Code:
fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
this then boots to the booting animation which it gets stuck on

nagi_007pk

Aug 23, 2012
OnePlus 7T
didnt work. i got stuck on the booting animation. ive heard this is an issue and have experienced this personally with the past 3 updates. i downloaded the patched image to my pc. ive got all the drivers installed and everything. i go into fastboot mode and use this command
Code:
fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
this then boots to the booting animation which it gets stuck on
Did you switch back the default OTA active slot after flashing both?

kurskoo40

Dec 22, 2017
i dont believe i had any enabled in the last update because i havnt had root since android 10 but maybe when i initially updated months ago to android 11 i may have.
Try this: If you need help you can always just post a quote here

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot "your magisk.img"

Let your phone boot (happens automatically)

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash boot "your magisk.img"

Sep 3, 2020
OnePlus 7T
Try this: If you need help you can always just post a quote here

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot "your magisk.img"

Let your phone boot (happens automatically)

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash boot "your magisk.img"
the issue is that when i do fastboot boot magisk.img it gets stuck on the boot animation. i have to hold the power button and volume up to force it to power off then i can boot it back to the normal version

thexile

Jan 9, 2012
im camping over the weekend so i will try this on monday and get back to you if it works or not. i assume now its prob good practice to disable magisk modules when updating so i will do that from now on.
Yes, at the very least disable all Magisk modules before OTA update. I learnt this hard way. One particular module that I know of which will cause bootloop after OTA is SmaliPatcher.

Anyway, I found a simpler method which bypass the manual patching of stock recovery.img (I couldn't get it to work on OOS11 anyway).

Use this version of TWRP and fastboot boot into it. You should then boot into TWRP (without overwriting your stock recovery) and use TWRP file manager to delete all Magisk modules.

Sep 3, 2020
OnePlus 7T
Yes, at the very least disable all Magisk modules before OTA update. I learnt this hard way. One particular module that I know of which will cause bootloop after OTA is SmaliPatcher.

Anyway, I found a simpler method which bypass the manual patching of stock recovery.img (I couldn't get it to work on OOS11 anyway).

Use this version of TWRP and fastboot boot into it. You should then boot into TWRP (without overwriting your stock recovery) and use TWRP file manager to delete all Magisk modules.
yeah looks like i learned the hard way too. also i didnt realise they released twrp for oneplus 7t. id heard that it just didnt work with android 11 but maybe im wrong. ill try it out anyways. if the twrp works that would be amazing. also thanks for all the help.

hachamacha

Jun 15, 2010
Thanks. This worked fine. I just used local install from update, backed out without rebooting, installed magisk app and did the first reboot into bootloader, then wrote magisk modded boot image to boot a/b. It was a dirty update over the prior version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210801-142018.jpg
    Screenshot_20210801-142018.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210801-142055.jpg
    Screenshot_20210801-142055.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210801-142111.jpg
    Screenshot_20210801-142111.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: thexile
Sep 3, 2020
OnePlus 7T

i have successfully rooted after useing twrp to remove those magisk modules.

Reactions: thexile

ing.alfano

Aug 1, 2021
Hi, I really need EU version of boot.img, could you please help me?
I've even looked for the full 11.0.2.1.HD65BA but with no luck.
So basically can't find anywhere both the boot.img and the full stock rom, any advice?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts