[OP7T T-MOBILE][OOS 11.0.1.5 HD63CB] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T and OP7TPRO here is the EDL package (also known as MSM tool or unbrick tool) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7T bought from T-Mobile.
It can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS.

You can download the following versions:

It will only work with T-Mobile variant HD1907

Instructions:

Power your device off
Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.

Specific to 10.0.7 and 10.0.8

On the login prompt select "Other" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.

Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
Wait ~300 seconds
Enjoy your brand new device

FAQ:

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=qualcomm hs usb 9008 ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked in first part of this FAQ.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

Credits:

@themustached for getting 10.0.3 version from OnePlus
@thedrizzle and @joemossjr for testing 10.0.3 version
@Titokhan for being a friend and providing inspiration in writing
@headsh0t95 for being a friend and suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost now one year ago for my previous threads
@AndroidFileHost for the hosting
OnePlus for the device and OS

Last edited:

shodge23

May 22, 2019
I've heard this is what we've been waiting for to convert to International firmware. I see above that it can't be used for that. What needs to happen before we can convert?

Reactions: gorei23 and rob420p

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I've heard this is what we've been waiting for to convert to International firmware. I see above that it can't be used for that. What needs to happen before we can convert?
Lots of testing. This year's convert process has be a tad bit harder due to OnePlus trying to make things a tad more difficult for us. Just stay patient and it will come soon in some form of manner.

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
So another little update. I managed to convert(a dirty way) and it involves at least being bootloader unlocked. I waited a week and got my code and immediately did this. This method isn't released yet but if you guys are interested in testing and have some skills in edl and know your way around python or adb please PM ME. We can get you into our testing group temporarily and try some methods to get you converted. This will be per discretion by me. If I don't think you can help I'm NOT going to add you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191121-223537.jpg
    Screenshot_20191121-223537.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 752

corey103

Jan 13, 2013
Nice. I unfortunately need to wait until a bootloader unlock is possible since T-Mobile refuses to unlock mine.

Reactions: rob420p

imna357

Mar 31, 2010
washington, DC
Asus Zenfone 9
So another little update. I managed to convert(a dirty way) and it involves at least being bootloader unlocked. I waited a week and got my code and immediately did this. This method isn't released yet but if you guys are interested in testing and have some skills in edl and know your way around python or adb please PM ME. We can get you into our testing group temporarily and try some methods to get you converted. This will be per discretion by me. If I don't think you can help I'm NOT going to add you.

Been trying to PM you, can't send it on the app, tried it on the browser, hope you received it...willing participant

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T and OP7TPRO here is the EDL package (also known as MSM tool or unbrick tool) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7T bought from T-Mobile.
    It can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS.

You can download the following versions:

It will only work with T-Mobile variant HD1907

Instructions:

Power your device off
    Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
    Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.

Specific to 10.0.7 and 10.0.8

On the login prompt select "Other" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
    Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.

Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
    Wait ~300 seconds
    Enjoy your brand new device

FAQ:

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=qualcomm hs usb 9008 ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked in first part of this FAQ.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

Credits:

@themustached for getting 10.0.3 version from OnePlus
    @thedrizzle and @joemossjr for testing 10.0.3 version
    @Titokhan for being a friend and providing inspiration in writing
    @headsh0t95 for being a friend and suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost now one year ago for my previous threads
    @AndroidFileHost for the hosting
    OnePlus for the device and OS
    @Some_Random_Username

Did they successfuly flash your phone with the attached file? Their level 2 techs are complete idiots and keep trying the wrong software. So is it correct this time?
    Consider us your level 2 techs
    Lots of testing. This year's convert process has be a tad bit harder due to OnePlus trying to make things a tad more difficult for us. Just stay patient and it will come soon in some form of manner.