[OP7TPRO][OOS HD01AA | HD01BA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread

Inlacrimas

Nov 9, 2016
EDL mode is entered by powering off your phone disconnected from USB.

Then holding Power Up + Down and connecting the USB cable. It only stays in this mode for a short period of time if I remember.

You can also get to edl with
Code:
adb reboot edl

There is a command to get to edl using fastboot, but I can't remember off the top of my head right now.
Thank you very much it looks like i was the problem all the time o_O

Kondra007

Aug 29, 2012
Upd: problem solved, keeping post since someone might have the same issues
Hello, please, help me.
I've held VolUp+VolDown buttons for some seconds and connected device to PC.

It started installing some drivers, but device wasn't seen in MSM. And now I cannot turn on my device, it looks like dead. Tried holding Power button - No luck.

Edit: some minutes later I managed to get device detected, however I see "COM4 connected" with "Sahara communication failed" all the time. And I cannot boot device again to power it off properly.
I've installed the necessary drivers already

Edit2: Nevermind, finally got it working. It turns out I had to "Power + VolDown" for 15 seconds to boot phone in "Normal" mode, then turn it off and repeat process. So glad smartphones these days are hard to brick completely

Last edited:

DarKFsocietY

May 16, 2016
i need to downgrade my device. this msm tool, cannot be work on ArchLinux? or is there have any other way to do this?

ewong3

May 28, 2015
for anyone with Win11 and/or USB3.0+
had problem entering MWM until doing procedure on win10+USB2.0 and it all went smoothly - this is going to be a big time saver so check your settings before flashing

chuckiler

Jul 3, 2010
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hey Guys..
i have a 7T Pro (HD1911) which i used msmtool 13 and 14 on.
unfortunately widevine is still stuck on L3 even after multiple times of trying msmtool.
is this a known problem?
i was under the impression msmtool returns all partitions to full stock. is that not what's happening?

Last edited:

stoopidcrow

May 15, 2022
Sorry, noob here. My OnePlus 7T Pro went dead after I opened an app I've been using before (SNOW). It once already caused my phone to restart but it only happened once and I never thought much of it. I upgraded to the lastest Oxynos software a few days ago.

Today I opened SNOW and my phone instantly crashed and booted up again. It had some weird pixel glitching on booting up so I panicked and pressed Vol-Up + Power-Button to make it restart again. Now it said "qualcomm crash-dump mode" Nothing more happened. I panicked and again, I forced it to re-boot.

Now it said "qualcomm crash-dump mode" again and underneath "PC at:set_cpu_sd_state_idle+Ox74/Ox78"

I don't remember but I guess I panicked once more and pressed some buttons again. Now it won't start again. No matter how long I press Vol-Up+Power or Vol-Down+Power or only the Power-button.

It is a refurbished One Plus 7T Pro from Europe. Android 11 I think. No idea about which system version.

I've researched and I guess you are supposed to leave it in "qualcomm crash-dump mode" and connect it to the PC and start the MSM program? I've tried to find out which version to get but I am not even sure how to use it.

I also read how other people left the phone charging and then it rebooted again. So I hooked it up to my PC now. Is there anything else I can do? I am very grateful for any help. Also sorry for any bad english, it's not my first language.

• Sad
Reactions: Brea-flee

droidvark

Jul 22, 2013
So my phone boots to crashdump mode and appears in Windows as "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E" device on COM3.

I think the only way to turn it off is to hold power+vol-down, it will reboot and while holding it down, it turns off. I can then hold vol-up and vol-down for a dozen or so seconds, plug in USB and it will show up as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" on COM4. However, when I release vol-up and vol-down, it will make a disconnect sound in Windows, the device disappears, and it will reappear as the Diagnostics version.

I can't seem to keep it as QDLoader to use MSM Download Tool.

Any ideas please?

droidvark

Jul 22, 2013
So my phone boots to crashdump mode and appears in Windows as "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E" device on COM3.

I think the only way to turn it off is to hold power+vol-down, it will reboot and while holding it down, it turns off. I can then hold vol-up and vol-down for a dozen or so seconds, plug in USB and it will show up as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" on COM4. However, when I release vol-up and vol-down, it will make a disconnect sound in Windows, the device disappears, and it will reappear as the Diagnostics version.

I can't seem to keep it as QDLoader to use MSM Download Tool.

Any ideas please?
I managed by continuing to hold down the vol-up and vol-down until my fingertips went numb and burning cramps creeped in my thumb. For some reason when I released the volume buttons, it would disconnect USB and connect as the Diagnostics version, but as long as I held down the volume buttons, it would stay connected as QDLoader.

It worked and the phone is finally reset with OxygenOS.

tbrz. khxn

Mar 15, 2017
Will this work with HD1911 McLaren edition? It's not the T-Mobile 5g one. It's an Indian 4g McLaren edition 7t pro

mhop56

Mar 2, 2022
Droid Host Link Seems up to work now for eu version fingers crost for those that need working mirror for india. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO and OP7T here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tool or unbrick tool) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7T Pro.
    They can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS.

You can download the following versions:

HD01AA tools (International and indian firmware):

ANDROID 10:

ANDROID 11:

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

HD01BA tools (European firmware):

ANDROID 10:

ANDROID 11:

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

It should work with HD1910 (Chinese variant), HD1911 (Indian variant), HD1913 (EU variant) and HD 1917 (North America) models.

Instructions:

Power your device off
    Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
    Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.
    Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
    Wait ~300 seconds
    Enjoy your brand new device

FAQ:

I see a target button, what is that?

As you may (or may not!) be aware there are starting from 7T-Series build specifics to India.
    If you use HD01AA tool, selecting "O2" as target should give you the global firmware while selecting "India" as target should give you the Indian one. See for a screenshot.
    If you use HD01BA tool, selecting "EU" should give you the EU firmware.

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked in first part of this FAQ.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61, all credits to @Shadow12347 for finding it out.

Credits:
    @Miccia for sharing original link from OnePlus for 10.0.3 HD01AA tool and for sharing decrypted 10.0.3 HD01BA tool
    @Titokhan for being a friend and providing inspiration in writing
    @headsh0t95 for being a friend and suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost now one year ago for my previous threads
    @AndroidFileHost for the hosting
    OnePlus for the device and OS

Related: Repo of OxygenOS builds.
    Added OOS 11.0.5.1 MSM tools to OP.
    Added 10.0.9 HD01BA MSM tool.
    If anyone is willing to get HD01AA one, please get in touch with me as I need your help for that.
    Gotcha. The OP tech people are so dumb lol I thought my device was goner.

I connected the device, it showed connected on MSM tool but after a while it loses connection, should I keep holding the buttons and press start then release them?

Ah lol, I forgot to add in my previous post that you need to press Start button quickly once device is detected.