OnePlus 5T

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Last edited:

DrBazinga

Jun 16, 2015
Hi,

My phone has bootloader unlocked and is rooted. I'd like to give it a fresh start when OOS 11 is released, including relocking bootloader.

I have a HD1913 (European version), will it be ok if I flash the global rom instead of the European one in order to get rid of audio restrictions ?

Thanks

Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Hi,

My phone has bootloader unlocked and is rooted. I'd like to give it a fresh start when OOS 11 is released, including relocking bootloader.

I have a HD1913 (European version), will it be ok if I flash the global rom instead of the European one in order to get rid of audio restrictions ?

Thanks

You should be able to crossflash, but I don't believe you will be able to get rid of audio restrictions. Also as a sidenote OOS 11 should not be released before December ish for that device.

DrBazinga

Jun 16, 2015
You should be able to crossflash, but I don't believe you will be able to get rid of audio restrictions. Also as a sidenote OOS 11 should not be released before December ish for that device.

Sorry I meant in Europe we don't have the full equalizer and there's also a volume limit as a result of some European regulations.

Flashing global rom removes these restrictions according to forum members.

Thanks for providing such a tool anyway, I don't mind waiting for OOS 11.

leginhee

Aug 15, 2018
Hey,

When I'm trying to boot into edl mode, my phone boots normally. I am in edl mode for like 10 seconds. After that it just boots normally. The computer detected the device during the 10 seconds. Am I doing something wrong?

My bootloader is not unlocked, idk if it have to be unlocked.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Hey,

When I'm trying to boot into edl mode, my phone boots normally. I am in edl mode for like 10 seconds. After that it just boots normally. The computer normally detected the device during the 10 seconds. Am I doing something wrong?

My bootloader is not unlocked, idk if it have to be unlocked.

Try to be faster at clicking Start button or launch the tool and click on start before plugging your device.
Also you don't need to unlock your bootloader to use this tool.

manuelean

Nov 11, 2020
Hi, I have an HD1910 with a HD01AA 10.0.12 version, and yesterday I have in my screen Qualcomm CrashDump Mode, I allready tried to use MSM tool (10.0.8 and 10.0.11) to restore my phone. but when the MSM process conclude nothing happens and I still have the same Qualcomm CrashDump Mode.

Any sugestions that what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
So I rooted my HD1910 McLaren Edition, flashed ElementalX kernel and ... realized that I honestly don't need root in my life. Going by the first post and subsequent posts below I can use this tool to get back to stock and lock the bootloader? I will still get all the McLaren themes and boot logos?

To confirm you just follow the steps in post one and should be done? Is EDL mode the same as fastboot mode by any chance? Was watching a YouTube video on this process and he did the exact same key combination and that went into fastboot mode.

*edit*

I have downloaded hotdog_14_O.20_201011, I hope that is the correct one?

Last edited:

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
So I thought about throwing caution to the wind to flash it and get back to stock. Sadly I am unable to get fastboot mode to install the Qualcomm EDL driver. Instead it want to install the Google ADB driver with phone being picked up as "Other devices --> Android." I did the key combination, volume up + down and power at the same time so I am not sure what I should be doing? Switch off USB debugging maybe?

*edit*

Found what was causing my issue. Power off phone, while it is off hold down the vol up + down buttons, connect cable. That gets the EDL mode and the Qualcomm drivers installed no problem. Enum says connected so I am assuming I can proceed but will work up the courage a little later on to do that rofl

Last edited:

Bidull

Jul 15, 2014
Hi!

Thanks for the tool. I'am stuck in fastboot mode. I have tried the All-in-one tool to get back on stock on my oneplus 7T Pro.

I've tried the msmtool but everytime (Eu,O2 and India) I get "Device not match image".

Can someone help me ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if it is help for anyone stuck on the wrong device (see op on downloading from MS), try Windows update, where it says optional updates (or devices) and click in to find the qualcomm drivers listed - it will then get the correct drivers for MsmDT to work
    Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO and OP7T here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tool or unbrick tool) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7T Pro.
    They can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS.

You can download the following versions:

HD01AA tools (International and indian firmware):
    ANDROID 10:

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

HD01BA tools (European firmware):
    ANDROID 10:

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

It should work with HD1910 (Chinese variant), HD1911 (Indian variant), HD1913 (EU variant) and HD 1917 (North America) models.

Instructions:

Power your device off
    Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
    Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.
    Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
    Wait ~300 seconds
    Enjoy your brand new device

FAQ:

I see a target button, what is that?

As you may (or may not!) be aware there are starting from 7T-Series build specifics to India.
    If you use HD01AA tool, selecting "O2" as target should give you the global firmware while selecting "India" as target should give you the Indian one. See for a screenshot.
    If you use HD01BA tool, selecting "EU" should give you the EU firmware.

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked in first part of this FAQ.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61, all credits to @Shadow12347 for finding it out.

Credits:
    @Miccia for sharing original link from OnePlus for 10.0.3 HD01AA tool and for sharing decrypted 10.0.3 HD01BA tool
    @Titokhan for being a friend and providing inspiration in writing
    @headsh0t95 for being a friend and suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost now one year ago for my previous threads
    @AndroidFileHost for the hosting
    Votton for providing a server as an alternative mirror
    OnePlus for the device and OS

Related: Repo of OxygenOS builds.
    Added 10.0.9 HD01BA MSM tool.
    If anyone is willing to get HD01AA one, please get in touch with me as I need your help for that.
    Gotcha. The OP tech people are so dumb lol I thought my device was goner.

I connected the device, it showed connected on MSM tool but after a while it loses connection, should I keep holding the buttons and press start then release them?

Ah lol, I forgot to add in my previous post that you need to press Start button quickly once device is detected.
    Added 10.0.8 HD01AA and BA unbrick tools.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone