[OP7TPRO TMO 5G][OOS 11.0.1.5 HD61CB] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread

hassan7777

Mar 3, 2021

Attachments

• ‏‏لقطة الشاشة (38)_LI.jpg
    ‏‏لقطة الشاشة (38)_LI.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 148

mwalid25

Jun 22, 2013
Is there any possible to convert mclaren 7T pro (tmobile) to international hd1925 im. Not grtting update at all
Screenshot_20210309-235237.jpg

awsumatt

Jul 3, 2014
Maybe a dumb question but where do the files go on readback? Checked dump folder and there is nothing to be found but readback is complete

Narrow-path

Jan 10, 2020
Middleton
Thank you for your hard work and write ups.. , So my initial reason to what i needed was to re-lock the boot loader, i am currently on Build number 10.0.42.HD61CB and because i couldn't get OTA for the monthly security update and since there is no official TWRP out there yet i figured after unlocking the boot loader was a good start to prepare for rooting but i guess i'm not ready :) This msm tool is a life saver!!

But anyway i just wanted to share of my encounter with my one issue i was having.

Maybe i didn't completely understand your instruction but i was able to find on the EDL mode forum which helped to better clarify your steps to get into EDL mode. So for those that maybe running into the same situation as i did.. this part helped me.

"For edl mode shutdown the oneplus 7t/7tpro
After this press and hold the voll + and voll - and putt in the usb cable but keep pressing the two buttons
And start the msm tool.
the op7t should be found by the edl tool, if not click on ensure.

and don't release the two buttons until you press the start button in the edl tool, otherwise the op7t will automatically exit the edl mode after a while (approx. 10 seconds)"

-life saver

Last edited:

TI028

Apr 29, 2021
Hello.
I apologize in advance for my English, I live in Russia.
Recently bought a OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition 5G (HD1925). I have already reread a bunch of Forum branches, but a few questions remain:
1) You can install root rights on the device, but this removes the userdata section with a special file and stops OTA updates. There is a forum thread that talks about restoring the userdata section. Is it currently possible to get root rights on the device and still save OTA updates ?
2) Is the file from the userdata section for OTA updates different for everyone, or is it the same for everyone ?
(if this is a file with a specific hash sum for each device, then I would like to save my own file)

Is it possible to implement the scenario: unlock fastboot -> get root-rights -> restore the userdata partition + lock the bootloader ?
To have both root and updates.

Thank you in advance for any response.

eqroiueq

Aug 27, 2017
When I plug my phone (HD1925) into my computer (Windows 10) in fastboot mode, it sees it as Kedacom USB Device > Android Bootloader Interface rather than either QDLOADER 9008 or QHUSB_BULK. When I click "Enum", nothing happens.
My phone isn't actually bricked, I just want to get back to OxygenOS. Can I do that with this tool?

Edit: Found this article: https://www.thecustomdroid.com/oneplus-8t-unbrick-guide/ which says you can run `adb reboot edl` if adb is enabled or `fastboot oem edl` if you're in fastboot. That worked for me. To install the device drivers, I had to extract the CAB file from the OP for Windows to actually see/accept them.
Flashed.

Last edited:

Ron_4321

Jan 22, 2016
I have the 7T Pro McLaren T-Mobile version. T-Mobile automatically updated the firmware to Android 11 at 2 am on its own three days ago. Now, the phone is glitchy and the battery is draining much faster than before. Can I use this to rollback to Android 10?

Last edited:

TI028

Apr 29, 2021
I have the 7T Pro McLaren T-Mobile version. T-Mobile automatically updated the firmware to Android 11 at 2 am on its own three days ago. Now, the phone is glitchy and the battery is draining much faster than before. Can I use this to rollback to Android 10?
Yes, you can.

Dreezzzie

May 20, 2015
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T, T-Mobile OP7T and regular OP7TPRO here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tools or unbrick tools) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren bought from T-Mobile.
They can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS if for some reason you want to go back to an older firmware :)

It will only work with 5G T-Mobile variant HD1925

You can download the following versions:

ANDROID 10:

Instructions:

Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.

Specific to 10.0.27 and up

On the login prompt select "Other" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.

Click on Target button and select T-MO if it hasn't been automatically.
Power your device off.
Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
Plug your device to your computer using stock OnePlus cable.
Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
Wait ~300 seconds.
Enjoy your brand new device.

FAQ:

Will this fix OTAs I couldn't receive after unlocking bootloader?

Yes. Mind it will however wipe all of your internal storage and relock bootloader automatically (but you shouldn't have to reapply for an unlock token if your bootloader was unlocked previously).

Does this work on Mac or on Linux?

Unfortunately no, tool is Windows only. You should need at least Windows 7.

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked above.

MSM tool is stuck on "Sahara communication failed"

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61, all credits to @Shadow12347 for finding it out.

Credits:

@omariscal1019 for getting 10.0.27 version from OnePlus
@a63548 for getting 10.0.19 version from OnePlus
An anonymous user for unblocking situation with OnePlus CS (they kept sending package meant for 7T T-Mobile)
@jhofseth for decryption of 10.0.19 tool
@xian1243 and @omariscal1019 for testing 10.0.13 version, @twinnfamous for testing 10.0.13 and 10.0.16 versions, @ntzrmtthihu777 for testing 10.0.13 , 10.0.16 and 10.0.19 versions, and @DanDroidOS for testing 10.0.19 version
@Titokhan for being a friend and providing inspiration in writing
@headsh0t95 for being a friend and suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost now one year ago for my previous threads
@AndroidFileHost for the hosting
Votton for providing a server as an alternative mirror
OnePlus for the device and OS
Please, I'm in dire need of HELP.

My device (OnePlus 7T Pro HD1925) has an unlocked bootloader but it's not critical unlocked.

I have tried everything to unbrick it but it won't work.

When I try to run the MSM tool, it just disappears and vanishes.

I was on android 11 before the device got bricked,

PLEASE, I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO. HELP ME!

Last edited:

nicncs

Mar 13, 2011
Hi, mine comes with the retail mode. By flashing with this msmtool, will it b disappear?

someone5

May 27, 2021
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T, T-Mobile OP7T and regular OP7TPRO here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tools or unbrick tools) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren bought from T-Mobile.
They can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS if for some reason you want to go back to an older firmware :)

ANDROID 10:

Instructions:

Power your device off.
Wait ~300 seconds.

FAQ:

Yes. Mind it will however wipe all of your internal storage and relock bootloader automatically (but you shouldn't have to reapply for an unlock token if your bootloader was unlocked previously).

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

Please refer to https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61, all credits to @Shadow12347 for finding it out.

Credits:

An anonymous user for unblocking situation with OnePlus CS (they kept sending package meant for 7T T-Mobile)
@xian1243 and @omariscal1019 for testing 10.0.13 version, @twinnfamous for testing 10.0.13 and 10.0.16 versions, @ntzrmtthihu777 for testing 10.0.13 , 10.0.16 and 10.0.19 versions, and @DanDroidOS for testing 10.0.19 version
@headsh0t95 for being a friend and suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost now one year ago for my previous threads
Votton for providing a server as an alternative mirror
is there a guide to do this on build number HD61CB?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ANDROID 10:

ANDROID 11:

11.0.1.5 HD61CB

Mirror for first and last MSMs: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

Instructions:

Power your device off.
    Wait ~300 seconds.

FAQ:

Credits:

@xian1243 and @omariscal1019 for testing 10.0.13 version, @twinnfamous for testing 10.0.13 and 10.0.16 versions, @ntzrmtthihu777 for testing 10.0.13 , 10.0.16 and 10.0.19 versions, @DanDroidOS for testing 10.0.19 version, and @me2151 for testing 11.0.1.5 version.
    Added OOS 10.0.42 MSM tool.
    It's real and was tested extensively. We also used them to complete our reserve.img collection.
    Added OOS 10.0.41 MSM tool.
    Added OOS 10.0.34 MSM