[OP8][OOS 21AA/BA/DA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
If I've flashed international to a branded devices (TMO/Sprint), can these be used? Or, is there a hardware ID check in them like the msm tools for the 7 pro?

totmakina

Nov 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Sorry if you create confusion. My question was only aimed at whether it was easy to get the flashable stock rom using MSM TOOLS. In Axon 7 it was easy to make a stock rom flashable from edl. That was my question. But I can't get a stock rom so I can flash. I have already used the. MSM TOOL tool to unbrick the Oneplus. I just wanted to make it for the Open Beta 3. Sorry again if it causes confusion

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Sorry if you create confusion. My question was only aimed at whether it was easy to get the flashable stock rom using MSM TOOLS. In Axon 7 it was easy to make a stock rom flashable from edl. That was my question. But I can't get a stock rom so I can flash. I have already used the. MSM TOOL tool to unbrick the Oneplus. I just wanted to make it for the Open Beta 3. Sorry again if it causes confusion
The short answer is no. You can't do that, as mentioned in the post you quoted.

Msm != Edl

pyush

Jan 22, 2011
OnePlus 8 stuck in fastboot mode and Msm tool not working.

Hi all, Can someone please help me, I am a noob. My OnePlus 8 is stuck in Fastboot mode and does not let me do anything else (i.e. recovery mode). If I restart it loads back into the Fastboot mode. This is CN model running the Global ROM, Android 10.5. I have followed the steps in the first page on how to unbrick using the Msm tool but it doesn't seem to work. I do not have stock OnePlus cable and I am using a third party cable. My phone is getting recognised by my PC when I connect it.
My issues:
When I run the Msm tool and press Vol up + Vol down and Power button together the qualcomm drivers show under "Ports" in my device manager but there is a warning icon next to it. In the Msm Tool the Status of Connection is N/A & waiting for device to connect. Not sure what is causing the issue and what am I doing wrong. Can someone please help. Please see screenshot below for your reference.
Thanks in advance.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AubIV2PXG9p4gqpikPYPslxfnvdQ6w?e=3i9Bm4

EDIT: I was able to get the Msm tool to work now. I had to updated the Qualcomm drivers. I got a new problem now.

I followed all the steps and it ran all the steps correctly with no errors. However, once the phone rebooted after the Msm tool process was complete I am getting the following error "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot. Visit this link on another device g.co/ABH". The phone restarts after a minute into the Fastboot mode. I don't remember the correct version of Android I was running. I tried all the 7 version listed in the first page and the same error was coming each time. I was using the International versions. My phone is CN model with Global Rom.
Can someone please help. Thanks.

Last edited:

pyush

Jan 22, 2011
" I do not have stock OnePlus cable and I am using a third party cable."
This is the answer to your question. I had a similar problem as you and I solved it with the stock OnePlus cable.

Thanks. Just wanted to check if your answer was for my initial query of device not showing up on Msm tool.

I have actually updated my request with an edit. I was able to get my device connected and run the process by using a third party cable by upgrading the QUALCOMM drivers. My current problem is once Msm tool process was complete I am getting the following error "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot. Visit this link on another device g.co/ABH". Do you think I won't get this error if I use stock OnePlus cable.

Thank you.

Thanks. Just wanted to check if your answer was for my initial query of device not showing up on Msm tool.

I have actually updated my request with an edit. I was able to get my device connected and run the process by using a third party cable by upgrading the QUALCOMM drivers. My current problem is once Msm tool process was complete I am getting the following error "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot. Visit this link on another device g.co/ABH". Do you think I won't get this error if I use stock OnePlus cable.

Thank you.
Have you checked the MD5 of the MSM zip files against those present on AFH?

pyush

Jan 22, 2011

Thanks for your suggestion but I am a bit lost. Can you please help me understand what you meant. Please excuse my ignorance but what is MD5 and AFH? I can see a file with extension .md5 but not AFH. What do I need to look for. Can you please provide more detail. Thanks a lot in advance.

Here are the file names that are there in the folder
DLLS (Folder)
UFS_FW (Folder)
build_path.txt
instantnoodle_15_O.20_200716.ops
md5sum_pack.md5
MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe
MsmDownloadTool V4.0_factory.exe
rev_OverSeas_200716_0015_release_OTA-BLOCK_Signed_fp2007160015_cve2020-07-01_ufs_Oxygen-OS-10.5.11.IN21AA

pyush

Jan 22, 2011
MSM tool recognized the phone but did not complete the installation successfully. The message was that he could not recognize some partition on the phone. When I tried the original cable with the same installation, everything went smoothly.
Done with OOS 10.5.11

Thanks. I don't have a original cable and I can't find one in Australia. I have to buy from overseas if nothing else works.

pyush

Jan 22, 2011

Thanks for your suggestion but I am a bit lost. Can you please help me understand what you meant. Please excuse my ignorance but what is MD5 and AFH? I can see a file with extension .md5 but not AFH. What do I need to look for. Can you please provide more detail. Thanks a lot in advance.

DLLS (Folder)
UFS_FW (Folder)
build_path.txt
md5sum_pack.md5
MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe
rev_OverSeas_200716_0015_release_OTA-BLOCK_Signed_fp2007160015_cve2020-07-01_ufs_Oxygen-OS-10.5.11.IN21AA

DLLS (Folder)
UFS_FW (Folder)
build_path.txt
md5sum_pack.md5
MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe

MD5 is an hashing algorithm , AFH stands for Android FileHost
You can calculate zip MD5 by doing Get-FileHash -Algorithm MD5 instantnoodle_15_O.20_200716.zip in a Powershell window.
If it's not equal to 6e100ed4c6341ccd56352cc10c32c639 then download is corrupted

bmgamer

Dec 17, 2014
Hey guys,,

I have oneplus 8 (IN2010) with european firmware, but when trying to install Edxposed I get the qualcom crushdump mode.
If I had european firmware I need to download the european file right? I already try that but I always get Sahara communication failed.
Can anyone please help me?

pyush

Jan 22, 2011
MD5 is an hashing algorithm , AFH stands for Android FileHost
You can calculate zip MD5 by doing Get-FileHash -Algorithm MD5 instantnoodle_15_O.20_200716.zip in a Powershell window.
If it's not equal to 6e100ed4c6341ccd56352cc10c32c639 then download is corrupted

Thanks. I have checked in Powershell and it matched.

PS D:\Work space\Oneplus 8\Checked\New folder> Get-FileHash -Algorithm MD5 instantnoodle_15_O.20_200716.zip
Algorithm Hash Path
--------- ---- ----
MD5 6E100ED4C6341CCD56352CC10C32C639 D:\Work space\Oneplus 8\Check...

I ran the Msm tool twice today with 2 different cables (not original OnePlus as I don't have one) and it went through all the steps till the download complete and once the phone rebooted I am getting the same error as earlier - "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot. Visit this link on another device g.co/ABH". After a minute the phone restarts into the Fastboot mode again. Back to square one. I cannot understand the error "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot". Is there any other way to flash the operating system ?
I tired flashing the boot image in fastboot via Powershell but it did not work as my bootloader is locked. Is there any way to unlock the bootloader?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts