[OP8][OOS 21AA/BA/DA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Apr 25, 2017
Thanks. I have checked in Powershell and it matched.

PS D:\Work space\Oneplus 8\Checked\New folder> Get-FileHash -Algorithm MD5 instantnoodle_15_O.20_200716.zip
Algorithm Hash Path
--------- ---- ----
MD5 6E100ED4C6341CCD56352CC10C32C639 D:\Work space\Oneplus 8\Check...

I ran the Msm tool twice today with 2 different cables (not original OnePlus as I don't have one) and it went through all the steps till the download complete and once the phone rebooted I am getting the same error as earlier - "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot. Visit this link on another device g.co/ABH". After a minute the phone restarts into the Fastboot mode again. Back to square one. I cannot understand the error "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot". Is there any other way to flash the operating system ?
I tired flashing the boot image in fastboot via Powershell but it did not work as my bootloader is locked. Is there any way to unlock the bootloader?
Nope, there's no way to unlock the bootloader. That's really weird to see your device acting that way, I've never seen that before.

shahid.taak

Jan 10, 2007
Request for onplus 8 unbrick firmware for Chinese varient IN2010

Hi,
can any one share links/download for oneplus 8 un brick firmware for Chinese variant IN2010.

Apr 25, 2017
Added OOS 11.0.1.1 MSM tools for all regions, credits to @Zer0De8th for finding BA and DA ones.

A new oos 11 is being pushed
Looking forward to find its image here
Looking forward for new version too
Just a reminder that these tools are made by OnePlus, not by me and that I can't update them by themselves.
If a new version becomes available I will upload it if I have spare time, like today.

Hi,
can any one share links/download for oneplus 8 un brick firmware for Chinese variant IN2010.
Assuming you mean a version to return to H2OS directly, I don't know where it may be found, you may want to check Chinese OnePlus forums.

Reactions: auris1993

shahid.taak

Jan 10, 2007
Added OOS 11.0.1.1 MSM tools for all regions, credits to @Zer0De8th for finding BA and DA ones.

Just a reminder that these tools are made by OnePlus, not by me and that I can't update them by themselves.
If a new version becomes available I will upload it if I have spare time, like today.

Assuming you mean a version to return to H2OS directly, I don't know where it may be found, you may want to check Chinese OnePlus forums.
yes i want to try HydrogenOS unbrick ,on my chinese variant , other varient not working , after MSM flash , Msg appears "your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot". i guess it has Chinese boot loader will not boot from other variant signed flash files. similar to xiaomi mobiles when you convert to Global ROM on Chinese version you must need to keep boot loader unlocked to boot it.

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH

If I'm running a T-Mo branded OP8 that's been converted to global, I'd still need to use the T-Mo MSM, and then follow the steps needed to convert back to global? Or, can the global MSM be used on my device, now that it's been converted.

I could have sworn that the OP7P (guac) required the global MSM to be patched before using it on a branded device, and I'm assuming that it's the same case here. hardware ID check needs to also include IN2017 or it will fail. I could be very wrong, and would love to know if anyone else has tried using a global MSM on a branded device.

Apr 25, 2017
If I'm running a T-Mo branded OP8 that's been converted to global, I'd still need to use the T-Mo MSM, and then follow the steps needed to convert back to global? Or, can the global MSM be used on my device, now that it's been converted.

I could have sworn that the OP7P (guac) required the global MSM to be patched before using it on a branded device, and I'm assuming that it's the same case here. hardware ID check needs to also include IN2017 or it will fail. I could be very wrong, and would love to know if anyone else has tried using a global MSM on a branded device.
Global MSM can't be used on converted devices.
As far as my knowledge goes hardware ID checks are way more deeper than model number.

HDTzen2

Oct 7, 2015
OMG< Today I'm so lucky because i did the stupid things and i losed my persist.img, But i have a official my persist and i just need root and coppy it back to the font, Fingerprint worked very well :D:):)

reman_32

Feb 23, 2021
Hi everyone,

First thanks for all your contributions, I spent my entire weekend on the Oneplus8 dedicated part of the forum. And even if I didn't unbrick my phone so far, what a source of informations!
Second, I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I bricked my One plus 8 and I only have Linux OS (Arch) at disposition.

I installed Lineage OS.17 months ago following instructions from this nice post.
Last week the phone started random freezing after boot and also stopped detecting the sim card. I interpreted it as a signal for update. I followed instructions from this nice post.
Unfortunately, I realised too late that "a recent version of OxygenOS" was required.

Then began a long journey of mistakes, wrong understandings and attempts of not linux-friendly unbricking tools.

The current state of the phone:

• Fastboot loop:
    • Power off -> restart Fastboot
    • Start -> restart Fastboot
    • Recovery mode -> restart Fastboot

• Bootloader is unlocked (not critical partition):
    • can't flash aop for example
    • flashing unlock_critical (Not working) -> "Device already : unlocked' but oem device-info disagree:
      1614109190507.png

• Recovery not accessible (Fastboot loop):
    • Even after flash/boot TWRP-3.4.0.14 from mauronofrio as recovery

• Try MSN Download tool with wine:
    • interface showed up and waited for device but never found it even if the device seems to be in EDL mode as lsusb and dmseg suggested:
      1614109449059.png
      1614109492947.png

• I also tried QLD form this repo:
    • But at each try (qdl --debug --storage ufs --include ...) dmseg noticed a deconnection from the phone
      1614109714308.png
      and the following failure message appeared:
      1614109863122.png

Could anyone help ? Please 😢

Thanks a lot.