[OP8][OOS TMO 55CB] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Chuckyg13

Sep 11, 2020
How are you getting into edl? are you using button combos? because when I was testing this it took a lot of time and effort and I got into it by chance in the way that is explained in the description. Even on my replacement OP8 I tried to get into edl with numerous button combos with ZERO luck.
Did you unlock your bootloader after running MSM?
No I did not

narkun1029

Aug 15, 2018
You might have a hardware failure. What was the reason you used the MSM tool in the first place?
i use msm tools because i try to downgrade form android 11 to 10., after it boots in crush dump mode so i use msm tools, everything is success , but the phone is just stock on android logo then off ( im not sure if its off but the screen is black) but i can go to fastboot mode and recovery mode ,

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

You might have a hardware failure. What was the reason you used the MSM tool in the first place?
if its hardware failure , is it possible that i can still go to fastboot mode and recovery mode?

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
Fargo
www.scottcrosler.com
pls help.. ive done anything flash any version cause i think i brick my in2010 , using msm tool al success but when reboot still crush dump
Have you tried to boot into bootloader and do a full factory reset? I would try that and then reflash with MSM Tool.

But yours is Chinese version so I am not so sure that you want to be using this firmware. You would want the Chinese firmware.

narkun1029

Aug 15, 2018
Have you tried to boot into bootloader and do a full factory reset? I would try that and then reflash with MSM Tool.

But yours is Chinese version so I am not so sure that you want to be using this firmware. You would want the Chinese firmware.
yes i ve tried to do full factory reset and then flash again same results.. maybe i need to flash the original firmware ? can someone have that pls..

narkun1029

Aug 15, 2018

yes ive tried to do full factory reset from bootloader then flash again using msm but same results, maybe i need the original Chinese firmware to flash>? but i dont find any chinese version firmware here.. or maybe i need to wait the msmflashable rom base on android 11?

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
yes ive tried to do full factory reset from bootloader then flash again using msm but same results, maybe i need the original Chinese firmware to flash>? but i dont find any chinese version firmware here.. or maybe i need to wait the msmflashable rom base on android 11?

Try using the other global msm software

If that doesn't work, try a fastboot rom, non stock

narkun1029

Aug 15, 2018
is there a way to make edl package myself? can anyone teach me.. i would like to make one from android 11..maybe it will fix my oneplus 8 brick phone..

Apr 25, 2017
is there a way to make edl package myself? can anyone teach me.. i would like to make one from android 11..maybe it will fix my oneplus 8 brick phone..
You can't make EDL packages by yourself, they're made and signed by OnePlus. Anyone being able to do so would mean this device is compromized from a security point of view.

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
so i have to wait then? :( i literally flash all firmware here nothing works ..

It may be time for you to process a repair or exchange. If you have the tmobile model, contact them.

If you have any other model (minus verizon), you'll have to go through oneplus. I hate to say this cause OnePlus is known for having the WORST customer service, and I can vouch personally that they do.

Last edited: