[OP8][OOS TMO 55CB] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
Thank you guys! Quick question, if I'm on T-Mobile 10.5.10 (unlocked, can't receive OTA updates), do I need to flash 10.5.7 and then upgrade or can I just flash 10.5.21 straight away?

Once you use this tool you will be at the latest software so there will be no ota update to update to.

Otherwise, if you used an older cersion file to flash, you will have to take the ota update before you can even flash twrp much less root cause Tmobile are nazis

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
Seems the fingerprint issue is fixed on this version? .22

I did the MSM back to stock, had fingerprint issue, unlocked bootloader which wiped, setup again and FP reader was fine once updating to .22 OTA.

Unless I missed something somewhere

shaneg79

Sep 10, 2009
Seems the fingerprint issue is fixed on this version? .22

I did the MSM back to stock, had fingerprint issue, unlocked bootloader which wiped, setup again and FP reader was fine once updating to .22 OTA.

Unless I missed something somewhere
The reason is working again is because you unlocked your bootloader if you relock your bootloader it will stop working.

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
The reason is working again is because you unlocked your bootloader if you relock your bootloader it will stop working.

I don't think that's correct because I had to manually restore the FP file last time on a previous version?

I don't plan to relock my bootloader but if that's true, that really sucks. OP's quality control has gone to hell last few devices

shaneg79

Sep 10, 2009
I don't think that's correct because I had to manually restore the FP file last time on a previous version?

I don't plan to relock my bootloader but if that's true, that really sucks. OP's quality control has gone to hell last few devices
I know it's correct because it's what happens to me everytime I unlock my bootloader after using msm to go back to stock my fingerprint works without having to restore the file after the first time.

oliver802

Mar 25, 2019
Taipei
yes ive tried to do full factory reset from bootloader then flash again using msm but same results, maybe i need the original Chinese firmware to flash>? but i dont find any chinese version firmware here.. or maybe i need to wait the msmflashable rom base on android 11?
My model is IN2010 not T-mobile
I have encountered exactly the same problem before but OOS 11 msmtool solved my problem a week ago
I'm now on OOS 11 stable and I want to downgrade to OOS 10 stable
but local OTA will cause restart to crash dump mode
I tried OOS 10 MSMtool no errors in the process but after reboot device show up Qualcomm 900E diagnostics mode and black screen
I am sure this is not a hardware problem because it works normally on OOS 11.

I want to know if there is any solution currently?:confused:

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
My model is IN2010 not T-mobile
I have encountered exactly the same problem before but OOS 11 msmtool solved my problem a week ago
I'm now on OOS 11 stable and I want to downgrade to OOS 10 stable
but local OTA will cause restart to crash dump mode
I tried OOS 10 MSMtool no errors in the process but after reboot device show up Qualcomm 900E diagnostics mode and black screen
I am sure this is not a hardware problem because it works normally on OOS 11.

I want to know if there is any solution currently?:confused:

Do you have twrp installed? If so you need to install to both slot a and slot b.

If stock coming from the MSM tool directly, try flashing twrp on both slots cause it sounds like recovery is corrupted somehow because after an ota, android switches to the different slot

nickdearing88

Jan 1, 2011
Hello everyone.

I have an IN2015 model that I want to convert from International to T-Mobile software. Can I use this tool as it says it's only for the T-Mobile model?

nickdearing88

Jan 1, 2011
I'm not sure whether you can (nor why you would want to), but considering T-Mobile variants can convert to global with an unlocked bootloader, maybe the other way is possible but you would need a fastboot rom with T-Mobile OS, which isn't available.
Ok, thanks for the info. I wanted to only because I would like to test out 5G SA, which is apparently only working when running the T-Mobile software. If you know someone who's running the global ROM and has 5G SA, please point me in their direction. I'm no expert but logic tells me that there is no reason the global ROM shouldn't be able to connect to the SA NR network as many other carriers across the globe will be using SA NR networks soon. LTE carrier agg. works fine on my phone.

sx10

Jan 9, 2010
Ok, thanks for the info. I wanted to only because I would like to test out 5G SA, which is apparently only working when running the T-Mobile software. If you know someone who's running the global ROM and has 5G SA, please point me in their direction. I'm no expert but logic tells me that there is no reason the global ROM shouldn't be able to connect to the SA NR network as many other carriers across the globe will be using SA NR networks soon. LTE carrier agg. works fine on my phone.

Reactions: nickdearing88

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
This instruction only allow enable/disable 4G Carrier Aggregation & 5G EN_DC combinations and band support if hardware support it. If hardware doesn’t support, you can’t enable/disable band. Example OnePlus 8 (China) 5G doesn’t work in USA even it support n41 (T-Mobile/Sprint) band because it doesn’t support 4G anchor band used in USA.

sx10

Jan 9, 2010
This instruction only allow enable/disable 4G Carrier Aggregation & 5G EN_DC combinations and band support if hardware support it. If hardware doesn’t support, you can’t enable/disable band. Example OnePlus 8 (China) 5G doesn’t work in USA even it support n41 (T-Mobile/Sprint) band because it doesn’t support 4G anchor band used in USA.
Yes I was replying to nickdearing88 who said he had IN2015

nickdearing88

Jan 1, 2011
Thanks, really interesting to checkout the CA details. As I read through the comments, I figured I'd go for it (saving a copy of the un-edited file for backup of course). But I'm on 11.0.2.2.IN21AA and apparently it won't work without root. Based on the comments, could NR-SA be enabled via NetworkSignalGuru with root? I have no objection to rooting if it's not a horrible process on this phone. Based on the FCC filing someone posted, it seems like OP will be enabling it via OTA at some point? Could this all be so locked-down due to an FCC requirement?