• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OP8PRO][OOS 11AA/BA/DA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread

th0d

Nov 6, 2012
Did you flash the international firmware? Thanks

Yes. Bought my phone crossflashed from Chinese variant to global/International version. By being a absolute moron I managed to hard brick it with only being able to enter QC EDL mode, everything else was dead. Also flashed a newer version of the international firmware than the one my phone was flashed with pre-hard brick. Good luck with your flashing!

Reactions: kyaw_zin_tun

FernBch

Sep 14, 2009
Alamogordo, NM
Big Thanks for this!!! I soft bricked rooting OB2. Had a hard time at first, device went into EDL mode just fine but would drop out in about 5 seconds and boot to bootloader. Finally figured out to hit the start buitton as soon as it showed in device manager as the QDLOADER9008. 5 minutes later I was up and running again!!!

Navyvet63

Jun 30, 2020
I've asked this in the past and no replies. Just thought I would ask again. I'm trying to unbrick my Device, obviously, using us 10.5.12 international and I keep getting "SMT config not found" error. Can anybody please give me some advice? Any input at all. I can boot to fastboot mode and thats it.

th0d

Nov 6, 2012
I've asked this in the past and no replies. Just thought I would ask again. I'm trying to unbrick my Device, obviously, using us 10.5.12 international and I keep getting "SMT config not found" error. Can anybody please give me some advice? Any input at all. I can boot to fastboot mode and thats it.

Am I understanding you correctly that you are still able to get into fastboot? Then you should be able to flash a firmware via the All in One Tool. This thread here and the associated information needs you to be in EDL (hold both volume buttons down in a turned off state/bricked state for at least 5 secs).

Navyvet63

Jun 30, 2020
I never tried the all in one tool. I can boot into fastboot so I tried installing the fastboot Rom. The msmdownload tool always has given me the smt config not found error. I lost all faith in that thing.

Please try https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61 , it works on 7T Pro 5G McLaren so should work on 8 Pro as well.

Added 10.5.13 DA MSM tool

Hello ?,
Would you post a download link for the MSMTool 10.5.12 IN11BA (European Firmware), if it is possible for you to do so?

I don't think a 10.5.12 BA MSM exists as I cannot locate it, but if you own this device and would like to contribute in checking feel free to DM me on Telegram (link in my profile).

nicolas7bgr

Feb 2, 2020
Auto Reboot Box

What will happen if I uncheck untick the Auto Reboot box and flash my oneplus 8 pro what is the difference between it being ticked by default and flashing my device without it being ticked and will it affect my device

What will happen if I uncheck untick the Auto Reboot box and flash my oneplus 8 pro what is the difference between it being ticked by default and flashing my device without it being ticked and will it affect my device

Hello, as far as my knowledge goes unticking this box will result in your device not rebooting automatically to OxygenOS after flash is performed: you will have to turn it on manually by using power button.
Also as a sidenote please don't send the same question in my DMs, this won't result in me answering faster.

Top Liked Posts