• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[OP8T][OOS TMO KB09CB] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
I used to work for tmobile the other way to do the unlock 100% is to be on a business account have the line active for minimum 3days so the system can register you phone to the business line and then you should be able to do the unlock. I'm krazysmokezalot! (Yeah yeah I got banned??) I used to do the unlocks for the OnePlus 7pro back then. I think I have a buddy of mine still working at the same store I worked at, I'll see if he can do is the favor for us I'm getting this phone tomorrow morning I'm sending this LG Wing back. It was a cool phone but man it's a ghost town in that forum ?
Why did you get banned?

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
Just to set expectations for all of us here, are we not going to get a patched firmware to be able to simply flash the EU rom firmware for now to convert to an international from a T-Mobile varient? Just like we used to convert the T-Mobile oneplus 6t...

Last edited:

ecompton59

Jan 9, 2015
Lexington,sc
Moto E4
OnePlus 8T
youre right i dont understand myself there sorry using old phone to type i cant get the T-Mobile version to flash but now i install legacy driver in control panel also rebooted pc holding shift and left click to get trouble shooting menu of windows 10 and turned off driver checking about to try again ill be back in hr to see if that works thanks for checking

---------- Post added at 04:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

I think that's most of everyone's problem, windows 10 requires digitally signed drivers, disable driver signature enforcement will be only way I think it will work there's 2 ways I did local Group Policy Editor: press the Win+R hotkeys and in the Run box enter gpedit.msc then edit User configuration, administrative templates, system and then go to driver installation code signing for device drivers entry had to explain that no one has done that I think

Last edited:

Jed!Master

Aug 17, 2019
Why did you get banned?
Lol that's besides the point. I got with my connect he said he will give me an answer if he is down to unlock these devices for us. I got my 8t plus today

Update: So my guy didn't want add any risk to his job an I get it. ??

Now I gotta find out who can do the sim unlock for me

Update 2: got it unlocked via T-Force facebook messenger

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Just to set expectations for all of us here, are we not going to get a patched firmware to be able to simply flash the EU rom firmware for now to convert to an international from a T-Mobile varient? Just like we used to convert the T-Mobile oneplus 6t...

Very unlikely, for now you can convert only by following this guide which requires bootloader unlock.
Not to mention it's not something I can do anyway as I lack skills for it.

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
Hey OP how come after going back to full tmobile stock using the tool and firmware you provided I find little things mostly cosmetics that definitely was not there when I bought at tmobile store like Hydrogen icon packs and a Hydrogen empty folder? As far as my understanding Hydrogen is exclusive to china os, and I don't think tmobile would of let that one slide in their software. Just curious...

Apr 25, 2017
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5T
Hey OP how come after going back to full tmobile stock using the tool and firmware you provided I find little things mostly cosmetics that definitely was not there when I bought at tmobile store like Hydrogen icon packs and a Hydrogen empty folder? As far as my understanding Hydrogen is exclusive to china os, and I don't think tmobile would of let that one slide in their software. Just curious...

This tool restores device at factory level, so maybe Hydrogen icon pack wasn't on your build or you unlocked bootloader when you checked initially for icon pack (thus leading to wipe of reserve.img containing it). Additionally that icon pack is a thing since 8-series, see https://www.xda-developers.com/download-hydrogen-icon-pack-oneplus-8/ , however I'm not sure what you mean by "Hydrogen folder"

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
This tool restores device at factory level, so maybe Hydrogen icon pack wasn't on your build or you unlocked bootloader when you checked initially for icon pack (thus leading to wipe of reserve.img containing it). Additionally that icon pack is a thing since 8-series, see https://www.xda-developers.com/download-hydrogen-icon-pack-oneplus-8/ , however I'm not sure what you mean by "Hydrogen folder"
There was a Hydrogen folder which was empty under the theming section folder

CyberKid2020

Dec 12, 2020
stuck on "automatic detection of ddr failed". I didn't root or downgrade to Android 11.0.2 and I bricked my device. How do I get MSM tool to recognize device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T, T-Mobile OP7T, regular OP7TPRO, T-Mobile OP7TPro 5G, regular OP8, T-Mobile OP8, OP8Pro, OP Nord and regular OP8T here is the EDL package (also known as MSM tools or unbrick tools) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 8T bought from T-Mobile USA (also known as OnePlus 8T + 5G).

You should also be able to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS with them if for some reason you want to go back to an older firmware :)

You can download the following versions:

KB09CB (T-Mobile firmware):
    ANDROID 11:

Instructions:

Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.
    Windows 7 users may use MsmDownloadTool V4.0_Win7.exe instead, but it hasn't been tested.

On the login prompt select "Other" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
    Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.
    Press Start button (this is done so that device will be "captured" automatically by tool instead of going back to normal boot after 10 seconds)

Power your device off.
    Let it cool down for one minute.
    Hold both volumes in to get in Qualcomm EDL mode and the screen will stay black. While holding, plug in the USB cable from your phone to your computer. Let volumes go alter plugged in.
    Wait some time (should not be longer than ~400 seconds).
    Enjoy your brand new device.

FAQ:

Does this work on Mac or on Linux?

Unfortunately no, tool is Windows only. You should need at least Windows 7.

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=qualcomm hs usb 9008 ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked above.

MSM tool is stuck on "Sahara communication failed"

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61, all credits to @Shadow12347 for finding it out.

Credits:

@LLStarks for helping in getting 11.1.0.2, 11.0.4.6, 11.0.5.7 and 11.0.7.9 versions and performing 11.1.0.2 flash on his own device (see screenshot)
    26y78VW.jpg

Votton for providing a server as an alternative mirror
    OnePlus for the device and OS
    Added OOS 11.0.7.9 MSM tool, credits @LLStarks for finding it
    So with this i can lets say, flash lineage, debrand etc etc and use this to revert back to stock t mobile?
    That's exactly what this is for
    Added OOS 11.0.5.7 and 11.0.6.8 MSM tools, credits to @LLStarks for finding 11.0.5.7 one
    You guys noticed there's no "local update" option in TMO firmware?... I bet those mofos cut it out so we can't just jump on global via local update and higher version FW.