[OP8T][OOS TMO KB09CB] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
I'm needing help. Trying to get back to factory T-Mobile ROM. I downloaded the driver from Microsoft. But I can't get the driver installed. I followed the instructions but it say no driver found. The .cab file is in my downloads folder which is where I told it to search for the new driver.

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
I'm needing help. Trying to get back to factory T-Mobile ROM. I downloaded the driver from Microsoft. But I can't get the driver installed. I followed the instructions but it say no driver found. The .cab file is in my downloads folder which is where I told it to search for the new driver.
Nevermind I finally got it. Thanks.

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
After the 11.1.*.* flash it keeps try to say there is a new update but it is 11.0.*.* Which is a older version correct?. So far I have kept it from updating. Should I let it update?

morphius88

Dec 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Im stuck on "Downloading super.img to super" Been stuck in there over 1000 seconds and counting.
The progress bar is about 1/20th if not less.

More info: Oneplus 8T TMobile version. Tried to convert to Global. Screwed up, downloaded OOS 11.0.7.9 MSM firmware from OPs post.

I'll leave it connected overnight but if it doesnt work, does anyone have any suggestions?

GamingDoggo

What did you do to fix this? I'm having the same problem. The driver is in my downloads but I can't seem to find and install the .cab file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T, T-Mobile OP7T, regular OP7TPRO, T-Mobile OP7TPro 5G, regular OP8, T-Mobile OP8, OP8Pro, OP Nord and regular OP8T here is the EDL package (also known as MSM tools or unbrick tools) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 8T bought from T-Mobile USA (also known as OnePlus 8T + 5G).

You should also be able to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS with them if for some reason you want to go back to an older firmware :)

You can download the following versions:

KB09CB (T-Mobile firmware):
    ANDROID 11:

Instructions:

Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.
    Windows 7 users may use MsmDownloadTool V4.0_Win7.exe instead, but it hasn't been tested.

On the login prompt select "Other" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
    Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.
    Press Start button (this is done so that device will be "captured" automatically by tool instead of going back to normal boot after 10 seconds)

Power your device off.
    Let it cool down for one minute.
    Hold both volumes in to get in Qualcomm EDL mode and the screen will stay black. While holding, plug in the USB cable from your phone to your computer. Let volumes go alter plugged in.
    Wait some time (should not be longer than ~400 seconds).
    Enjoy your brand new device.

FAQ:

Does this work on Mac or on Linux?

Unfortunately no, tool is Windows only. You should need at least Windows 7.

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=qualcomm hs usb 9008 ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked above.

MSM tool is stuck on "Sahara communication failed"

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61, all credits to @Shadow12347 for finding it out.

Credits:

@LLStarks for helping in getting 11.1.0.2, 11.0.4.6, 11.0.5.7 and 11.0.7.9 versions and performing 11.1.0.2 flash on his own device (see screenshot)
    26y78VW.jpg

OnePlus for the device and OS
    Added OOS 11.0.7.9 MSM tool, credits @LLStarks for finding it
    Works like magic! Never installing OxygenOS 12 again.
    I was trying to use this on Windows 11 and it wasn't working when I tried running it like usual. I had to right click > more options > troubleshoot compatibility > the top option it's something like automatically search and this recommended Windows 8 compatibility mode. I clicked the test button and the MSM tool worked the way it should and I was able to reset my phone. Hope this helps someone else (y)
    I thought previous versions allowed cross flashing therefore unlocking the sim on T-Mobile or at least allowing bootloader unlocking without sim unlock.

Sent from my OnePlus KB2007 using XDA Labs