Development OP9-LEMONADE-OPCAM-A14-ROM-WATCHDOGS-APR 24, 2024

Search This thread

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
You cant install this (or any rom but base 11) on tmobile 2117 without BL unlock key. Pretty sure its not possible.

You can only convert to base global 11\OOS11 on 2117 for root, then in ui updater doesnt work OTA or manually. You can get to 13 stock only, because you need to be stock to ota, where you need a key to unlock bootloader again (conversion would bring you back to 11).

*The rooting situation with this phone sucks. I think Jaguar is the only one that will work because it is base 11.
It's not possible to install most custom ROM's on any phone although I've seen it rarely work. Not on mine.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Ive seen it work too a few times in other posts, but they all seemed very hacky and trial and error and no guarantees. No tutorials. No mention of needing unlock keys or not.

Nobody seems to be able to confirm anything or have anything concrete about le2117.

*Lineage 18.1 is 11 I think that one might work also, since its also base 11 I think. I really just dont want to **** my phone up, and it seems like I am dodging bullets rn trying to get rooted a13 by not doing it.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
Ive seen it work too a few times in other posts, but they all seemed very hacky and trial and error and no guarantees. No tutorials. No mention of needing unlock keys or not.

Nobody seems to be able to confirm anything or have anything concrete about le2117.

*Lineage 18.1 is 11 I think that one might work also, since its also base 11 I think. I really just dont want to **** my phone up, and it seems like I am dodging bullets rn trying to get rooted a13 by not doing it.
Did you even read my post??!! Another member asked about T-Mobile op9 and I answered the question. Go back and LOOK!!!!!

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Did you even read my post??!! Another member asked about T-Mobile op9 and I answered the question. Go back and LOOK!!!!!
Sorry I thought that was a new user like myself. But you do need token to do anything but have rooted converted tmo rom.

You cant upgrade to A13 on global converted with Tmobile OTA, which you have to do to get unlocked BL (without token). When you convert, you cant install updates beyond A11.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
Sorry I thought that was a new user like myself. But you do need token to do anything but have rooted converted tmo rom.

You cant upgrade to A13 on global converted with Tmobile OTA, which you have to do to get unlocked BL (without token). When you convert, you cant install updates beyond A11.
Ok then update to a13 on T-Mobile and use the included kit files I included in OP to flash recovery from the bootloader on the phone and you should be good to go. Your bootloader must be unlocked. Flash boot, vendor_boot and dtbo.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
I recently got the phone so they arent gonna give me a token I dont think. I did request one as soon as I got the phone, but weeks passed and I was never emailed one. They were in communication with me however, and even opened a support ticket.

When I found out that global conversion could take me to root, I emailed them back saying Im rooted now dont need a key.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
I recently got the phone so they arent gonna give me a token I dont think. I did request one as soon as I got the phone, but weeks passed and I was never emailed one. They were in communication with me however, and even opened a support ticket.

When I found out that global conversion could take me to root, I emailed them back saying Im rooted now dont need a key.
Are you on stock a13? If your rooted, and not on 13, you could still try flashing the Global firmware in the OP and see if it works. It works for the pro version on T-Mobile. You can convert to avoid token, root your phone then try flashing the a13 firmware in OP and then try flashing this ROM and see if it works.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Yeah im staying on 11 rooted for now as I need root for a ton of stuff.

Ive tried that before but it fails. Ive been told it fails because I need to temporarily restore stock boot by uninstalling magisk and restoring before a restart so it can pass whatever checksum validation its failing at.

The problem (I think) is that I have TWRP installed. So when i restore from Magisk, I think it restores the non rooted "twrp'd" boot image, thus still non stock, causing it to fail the same way. Ive been trying to get confirmation that this is the problem, but cant seem to.

*Once I get a better "feel" of this phone, Ill restore stock totally and try that. If you or anyone can confirm or deny that issue above, it would be immensely appreciated.

**Could having TWRP hard installed before patching for root, be the entire problem?

Last edited:

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
Yeah im staying on 11 rooted for now as I need root for a ton of stuff.

Ive tried that before but it fails. Ive been told it fails because I need to temporarily restore stock boot by uninstalling magisk and restoring before a restart so it can pass whatever checksum validation its failing at.

The problem (I think) is that I have TWRP installed. So when i restore from Magisk, I think it restores the non rooted "twrp'd" boot image, thus still non stock, causing it to fail the same way. Ive been trying to get confirmation that this is the problem, but cant seem to.

*Once I get a better "feel" of this phone, Ill restore stock totally and try that. If you or anyone can confirm or deny that issue above, it would be immensely appreciated.

**Could having TWRP hard installed before patching for root, be the entire problem?
Try by not using twrp and see if it works

Reactions: TimmyP

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
I will for sure. I just cant understand why I cant get any confirmation on this.

When converted to Global, isnt it Tmobile stopping OTA because it doesn't have a valid Tmobile stock boot image?

If thats the case, then global wont work either, as its still not stock tmobile.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
I will for sure. I just cant understand why I cant get any confirmation on this.

When converted to Global, isnt it Tmobile stopping OTA because it doesn't have a valid Tmobile stock boot image?

If thats the case, then global wont work either, as its still not stock tmobile.
Converting won't change your radios but your OTA should come in as Global. That's how mine worked before I went to a custom ROM.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
And you didnt have any recovery installed while you were updating? Just stock global rooted with magisk?

I mean unrooted, unlocked from conversion, but ready to put magisk in inactive slot before restart? No recovery because it won't update with non stock boot?

Last edited:

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
I got the key. They dont email you, you have to check the site and status, and your unlock code is there for download. I had no idea... but whatever.

So just to confirm I can restore to tmobile, update to 13, enable oem unlock by disable package, unlock with fastboot and unlock.bin, then I should be good to go for a custom rom\recovery?

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
I got the key. They dont email you, you have to check the site and status, and your unlock code is there for download. I had no idea... but whatever.

So just to confirm I can restore to tmobile, update to 13, enable oem unlock by disable package, unlock with fastboot and unlock.bin, then I should be good to go for a custom rom\recovery?
Yes that's all you have to do. Just make sure you have stock a13 on both slots otherwise you might have touch screen issues. That shouldn't be a problem because there is more than one T-Mobile update on a13

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Yes that's all you have to do. Just make sure you have stock a13 on both slots otherwise you might have touch screen issues. That shouldn't be a problem because there is more than one T-Mobile update on a13
Hey do I need to be global to get the A13 update? It seems updating through tmo is stuck on 12.

*lol nm on my way to 13 now! Finally.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts