Question OP9 Pro Oxygen OS

Search This thread

IIIIIIIllll

Mar 27, 2021
London/Bethlehem/Nanjing
Hi guys, got the lemonadep from OP's pop-up in China. Wondering if the current full OTA packages would work over 9008. I know I should just go and try out myself. But I asked their service center and they said they haven't received anything that works with 9 series yet. So I think that means if I brick it I'd have to wait for at least three days...

Reactions: seancannery88

Soygdl

Mar 15, 2017
Hola chicos, obtuve la limonada del pop-up de OP en China. Me pregunto si los paquetes OTA completos actuales funcionarían sobre 9008. Sé que debería ir y probarlo yo mismo. Pero le pregunté a su centro de servicio y me dijeron que aún no habían recibido nada que funcione con la serie 9. Así que creo que eso significa que si lo bloqueo tendría que esperar al menos tres días ...
HHello friend, did you manage to install OOS?

IIIIIIIllll

Mar 27, 2021
London/Bethlehem/Nanjing
Yes I did, I went to their local service center and asked them to do me a favor. They have a new tool for phones come with colorOS and the full OTA for AA variant. I have also asked an OP engineer and he told me there will be tutorials and tools available for transitioning from colorOS to OOS. But I guess they need some more time to release those as later in the day other people who went there were told that the full OTA may cause you loss IMEI info. There are also rumors saying it was that the AA full OTA would enable the 5G bands that are not "included" in the Chinese versions.

achalgurnani

Mar 27, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes I did, I went to their local service center and asked them to do me a favor. They have a new tool for phones come with colorOS and the full OTA for AA variant. I have also asked an OP engineer and he told me there will be tutorials and tools available for transitioning from colorOS to OOS. But I guess they need some more time to release those as later in the day other people who went there were told that the full OTA may cause you loss IMEI info. There are also rumors saying it was that the AA full OTA would enable the 5G bands that are not "included" in the Chinese versions.
Which city did you visit the service center in? Are they freely willing to help update it on the spot or does it take a while?

IIIIIIIllll

Mar 27, 2021
London/Bethlehem/Nanjing
Which city did you visit the service center in? Are they freely willing to help update it on the spot or does it take a while?
Nanjing, they were freely willing to at least when I went there. Because I was the first one who asked the transition so it took them sometime to find the right tool and package. The actual flashing is like 5 minutes. But later other people who went to the exact service center said they are explicitly told not to flash 9&9pro because of "serious bugs".

achalgurnani

Mar 27, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nanjing, they were freely willing to at least when I went there. Because I was the first one who asked the transition so it took them sometime to find the right tool and package. The actual flashing is like 5 minutes. But later other people who went to the exact service center said they are explicitly told not to flash 9&9pro because of "serious bugs".
Thanks! I guess I will try to find out more over the weekend again, hopefully can speak with someone at OP who is sure of what they're saying.

Reactions: seancannery88

andixxx81

Apr 29, 2011
Still waiting that tools can convert ColorOS to OOS..in this week, my op9Pro chinese version will arrive

achalgurnani

Mar 27, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Still waiting that tools can convert ColorOS to OOS..in this week, my op9Pro chinese version will arrive
I went to another store in Shanghai, which is not an OP store, but they sell OP products and the salesperson there said it is probably going to take a couple weeks and then you can switch over.
Interestingly, the colorOS has an option to use Google accounts built into the ColorOS. But of course, it doesn't work without the VEPP...

TaiChorHK

Apr 1, 2021
Thanks a lot for your help. Waiting for their update.

bulletbling

Jan 14, 2013
really... in a tech forum also now?
I'm confused. It's a chinese communist party modified version of Oxygen OS, which is going to be filled with spyware, hence he wouldn't want it. Everything I said is accurate. My bad for not elaborating.

And I have a feeling as to what you're trying to get at, so try and not make this political please, because as you stated, this is a tech forum.

Last edited:

linnil

Mar 9, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I'm confused. It's a chinese communist party modified version of Oxygen OS, which is going to be filled with spyware, hence he wouldn't want it. Everything I said is accurate. My bad for not elaborating.

And I have a feeling as to what you're trying to get at, so try and not make this political please, because as you stated, this is a tech forum.
I am the one who is being political? Alright, I guess.

Yo, just saying, oneplus is a Chinese brand. ColorOS, OOS, HOS are all managed by oneplus. I assume all of them are "CCP" roms. Why don't you just buy a samsung or apple instead of dealing with a Chinese brand if you have this much prejustice inside of you. Pretty ironic isn't it.

Last edited:

bulletbling

Jan 14, 2013
I am the one who is being political? Alright, I guess.

Yo, just saying, oneplus is a Chinese brand. ColorOS, OOS, HOS are all managed by oneplus. I assume all of them are "CCP" roms. Why don't you just buy a samsung or apple instead of dealing with a Chinese brand if you have this much prejustice inside of you. Pretty ironic isn't it.
No prejudice whatsoever. I have no need to continue this discussion with you on a tech forum, as you yourself stated. If you'd like, you can PM me and we can discuss all about CCP (versions of) OS's and spying. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What are the advantages of Coloros compared to Oxygenos?
    None. It's a CCP modified version of Oxygen OS. You don't want it.
    Hi guys, got the lemonadep from OP's pop-up in China. Wondering if the current full OTA packages would work over 9008. I know I should just go and try out myself. But I asked their service center and they said they haven't received anything that works with 9 series yet. So I think that means if I brick it I'd have to wait for at least three days...
    If you unlock bootloader, you should be able to flash images manually.
    [EDIT]
    This method is only acceptable when there's no conversion zip.

We have to wait for unbrick tool for safety...
    Thanks! I guess I will try to find out more over the weekend again, hopefully can speak with someone at OP who is sure of what they're saying.