• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question OP9P ROOT working with new 12 Open Beta build?

Search This thread

sunxutian

Jan 22, 2015
I used this method to root last night and can confirm it works on OB 1 A12. I did the vbmeta part before flashing boot.img and didn't do the vendor_boot part at all.

https://www.droidwin.com/root-android-12-via-magisk-patched-boot-img-without-twrp/ this is the guide I followed.

P.S. On a side note I found it interesting that the "unlocked bootloader" message screen when booting is absent on this new OB1 A12 build. It's kinda nice, I know how much of an eye sore it is for some.
Thanks, it also works on my side

Reactions: trongthanh

Anonymouze

Jan 22, 2013
Mülheim
OnePlus 9 Pro
Can you try this method bro? This is the surefire way to root color OS. A friend reported that it works. I'm traveling not near a PC now otherwise I'd do it.

Somehow I managed to get root on dp2 and I don't know how I did it. Because I didn't do these steps.

<How to Root OOS12 OP9 (aka ColorOS)>
Extract boot.img, vendor_boot.img, vbmeta.img from ota file first
Patch boot.img and vendor_boot.img using magisk manager
reboot phone to bootloader after moving patched imgs to pc

fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
fastboot flash vendor_boot patched_vendor_boot.img
fastboot --disable-verification --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
This worked for me! Magisk 23

Reactions: trongthanh

jwick2866

Mar 31, 2011
Cologne,MN
Can you try this method bro? This is the surefire way to root color OS. A friend reported that it works. I'm traveling not near a PC now otherwise I'd do it.

Somehow I managed to get root on dp2 and I don't know how I did it. Because I didn't do these steps.

I can verify this method works perfectly on my International OnePlus 9 Pro! Thank you for providing.

dghosto

Jan 14, 2013
G/AC
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5T

seems to work....do i need to install magisk afterwards (direct installation via manager)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    flashed patched img on both slots

i mean its beta what did you except lol

I used this method to root last night and can confirm it works on OB 1 A12. I did the vbmeta part before flashing boot.img and didn't do the vendor_boot part at all.

https://www.droidwin.com/root-android-12-via-magisk-patched-boot-img-without-twrp/ this is the guide I followed.

P.S. On a side note I found it interesting that the "unlocked bootloader" message screen when booting is absent on this new OB1 A12 build. It's kinda nice, I know how much of an eye sore it is for some.
    So has anyone tried to keep root when switching to the new OOS12 Open Beta build released on 10/4/21? If so did you just do the same as doing a normal update? i.e. Going into Magisk before reboot and hitting the OTA button in the installer app.
    I rooted successfully with a Chinese tool
    It works on both OOS12 and ColorOS12