• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question OP9Pro + Google Fi

Search This thread

linnil

Mar 9, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I am using google fi with oneplus 9 pro, us version.

I can't answer calls, it will pop up but clicking answer does nothing. I can make phone calls just fine and decline phone calls just fine.

Have you seen similar issues? Contacting google fi and they seem clueless also.

Reactions: PiArc

PiArc

Apr 13, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro

I can't answer calls, it will pop up but clicking answer does nothing. I can make phone calls just fine and decline phone calls just fine.

I'm awaiting delivery of my Google Fi SIM card and OnePlus 9 Pro, so I hope all's well, and I'm going to make sure to update y'all when I've gone through my own setup in the next day or so.

I'll be watching this thread, and I hope to hear some positive news from ya'!

linnil

Mar 9, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
got it working at last. found this on reddit and it solved my problem. TBH, I am really dissapointed at how bad google fi has worked with different phones and how much hoop jumping is needed to just use the service.

-------------------------------
Ok i got it working w/ fi support. It required the following:

uninstall the fi app

answer a test call successfully

reinstall the fi app

Reactivate fi -- at this point, i think the Fi tech reset the network settings on their end --

go into app settings and clear app data and cache

Reactivate fi again

Now it works for me w/ fi app installed

Reactions: Disgustip8ed

PiArc

Apr 13, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
got it working at last. found this on reddit and it solved my problem. TBH, I am really dissapointed at how bad google fi has worked with different phones and how much hoop jumping is needed to just use the service.

uninstall the fi app

reinstall the fi app

Reactivate fi -- at this point, i think the Fi tech reset the network settings on their end --

Reactivate fi again

Hmmm. Thanks for the info! To be honest I'm really hoping I don't have to consult it, 'cause if setup fails for me it will surely fail for my partner. Can't be in the doghouse this early because of the new phones 😅

Glad you were able to get things up and running, though!

linnil

Mar 9, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
That's exactly my point, most people won't be able to use google fi thanks to these awful experiences. Beset of luck. I love the phone so far but it is going back. Ordered the Chinese black version so that I can have dual sim. :)

gherkin12

Nov 14, 2011
Middle England
I'm awaiting delivery of my Google Fi SIM card and OnePlus 9 Pro, so I hope all's well, and I'm going to make sure to update y'all when I've gone through my own setup in the next day or so.

please do mate, I ordered the Fi SIM yesterday (coming from a 3XL), hoping not to have issues.

Reactions: PiArc

gherkin12

Nov 14, 2011
Middle England
Just got my SIM from Google FI, installed it no problem, switched from my 3XL and the number is now allocated to the OnePlus. Only thing i'm not sure on is 5G, however i didn't have to uninstall anything or anything like that.

I take it back (it initially worked), I had to do the procedure mentioned above, however it now works fine.

Last edited:

Disgustip8ed

May 4, 2016
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro

uninstall the fi app

reinstall the fi app

Reactivate fi again

Can confirm this method works and I didn't have to call Google for help.

PiArc

Apr 13, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just got my SIM from Google FI, installed it no problem, switched from my 3XL and the number is now allocated to the OnePlus. Only thing i'm not sure on is 5G, however i didn't have to uninstall anything or anything like that.

I take it back (it initially worked), I had to do the procedure mentioned above, however it now works fine.
Got the device yesterday. I had to port my number over from Verizon, which was a teeny bit of a headache. That being said, seems like everything with Google Fi worked fine my first setup.

I'm not sure that 5G works, but I'm also 99% sure the my home has no 5G coverage.

I'm going to post a review on here after a few days on stock, and today I'm going into the city for work. We'll see whether I have any 5G access.

PiArc

Apr 13, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Got through a day of work with my OP9P today. I apparently can't receive calls today --could yesterday just fine-- so I'll have to do the fix from here and Reddit.

Good news is 5G does work.

mentallo

Feb 1, 2012
New York
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm having issues. I uninstall the app and I get calls and it records voicemail. It doesn't show the voicemail in the Phone app, it makes me call the voicemail #. It doesn't activate the Visual Voicemail in the Phone app.

Has anybody been able to get everything to work?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

uninstall the fi app

reinstall the fi app

Reactivate fi again

please do mate, I ordered the Fi SIM yesterday (coming from a 3XL), hoping not to have issues.
    I was able to get google dailer to work after installing the google dialer magisk module. I received two calls and was able to pick up. Hoping it continues to work. I will update if anything changes.
    I was able to get google dailer to work after installing the google dialer magisk module. I received two calls and was able to pick up. Hoping it continues to work. I will update if anything changes.
    It seemed only to work for a bit and then back to the same issue.