General [TMO] 9 PRO MODEM RETENTION/DATA FIX

Search This thread

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Do you have the op9 modems? I'm experiencing something weird now. MSM back to stock,sim picking up as dual sim now? With?
No, I never owned a OP9 but the conversion thread's OP has a Tmo modem in his conversion package. Give that a shot.
As for the SIM strangeness... if you did flash someone else's modemst, they are not touched by MSM. You need to flash your backup back onto the device. If you didn't make a backup, you are pretty f'd, just hope it works... =/

Reactions: nujackk

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
DO NOT FLASH modemst1 or modemst2.

Thanks @craznazn. Will delete files from folder so the modem_a and modem_b are the only two files in there. Also, these are the modems from the Pro variant. OOS 11.2.5.5. T-Mobile firmware.

Edit: files removed.

Reactions: xpdragon

hllywd

Jan 29, 2011
I don't use twrp so how do I backup my modem? Through bootloader cmd? Sorry for newbie question.

hllywd

Jan 29, 2011
Can any of the modem images be flashed through something like Franko kernel manager?

1NewbieRooter

Jul 22, 2021
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
i flashed the modem.img in fastboot after installing lineage os 18.1 & gapps. There was no signal in the beginning as the modem was deleted I guess. This modem.img was perfect (lifesaver) for me. After rom set up, it is picking up signal and recognizing sim no issues.

regular fastboot:
fastboot flash modem modem.img

***I have a OnePlus 9 Pro (tmobile)

Reactions: Libra420T

anhtin

Mar 18, 2009
Houston, TX
So i have the 9 pro ordered on oneplus NA website, and im currently on Tmobile. Here and there i got problem with sending/receiving MMS. Should I flash this modem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

----- With the release of OOS13, the modem issue no longer exist. Thank you all for the support & help with this unfortunate issue, we had to endure.... -----

EXPLICITLY FOR TMOBILE 9 PRO

(I'm not responsible for your failure to read or bricked issues, but will help assist.)

NO MORE MODEM FLASHING!!!

Now the Fun Part (SIMPLE)
    Backup your damn data!!!

1. Run TmoEU MSM
    2. local update 11.2.10.10AA zip
    (Global very important)
    3A. OTA update OOS12, OTA to OOS13
    3B. Regardless at this point. Re-run TmoEu Msm to Lock-in Modem !!!
    Now follow again...
    Reboot... Unlock, Local update to 10.10AA, and take the updates to OOS13....

AS LONG AS YOU ONLY USE TmoEU MSM as your unbrick tool

OOS/COS DATA FIX FOR A12 (ROOT) {DEPRECIATED}
    MAGISK Module zip provided below...
    ((((Going to OOS12 & OOS13, Global build will need to be updated prior to taking A12 update. Only way data retain module will work.....))))

(link)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

---ONLY USE TO GO BACK FOR WARRANTY & TRADE PURPOSES 👇 👇
    Use Tmobile MSM (Stock) to go back to complete stock. For warrenty, trade in purposes. No!, modem will not stick after ota, duh

[WARNING!!!]

--Do not use IN or EU MSM or you will not be able to go back to Tmobile stock(which voids everything with warrty, etc)

INCASE YOU MESSED UP OR HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SAVE DEVICE BY USING IN OR EU MSM'S. THERE IS A FIX!!.

-Modded MSM to take you back to TMobile Stock.....

TMO_MSM(IN-EU_Return-to-Stock)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Now everything you need is available here on XDA, but for convenience it's right here.

DOWNLOADS

All Files Located Here!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

FASTBOOT IMGS

(A11 only)
    (DO NOT FLASH MODEM IMG VIA OOS A12 & A13)
    (CRASH DUMP & DEATH WILL OCCUR)

- This will be left here for users with Non-Tmo variant, but have T-mobile service and need access to bands.
    - Just use modem flasher, unzip and run .bat file (A11 only)

visit TG for T-mobile 9 pro for community growth and helpful conversations 👇👇

Join «T-Mobile Oneplus 9 Pro Support» on TELEGRAM

Donations welcomed:
    CASHAPP

PAYPAL

First off I can't stress enough how much time and effort was put into this process, no amount of modem flashing, no signal, and device sacrifice would stop us. Not to mention this variant is treated with extreme prejudice from OnePlus 🤦‍♂️......

Special Thanks to:
    @Jhoopes517
    for stumbling upon signal still being there. The amount of replicating is to die for 😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂

@FizzyAps
    for not sleeping, not even taking a damn break until it was explained & able to process😊 👍
    Without him T-mobile variant would be left in the dark.. So please appreciate his hard work and much more simplicity to come and for providing fastboot script 😊 👍

@twinnfamous
    For providing data retain module.
    Holy crap guys,
    don't mess with or share modemst1/2

DON'T MESS WITH OR SHARE MODEMST1/2

It contains your device specific info, device specific NV data, IMEI, etc. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose all cellular capability (and you are completely SOL if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

This is why my guides all tell you to back them up, so you can restore it in case something goes wrong. You should not be messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P conversion is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.
    Flasher.zip updated to latest 8.8 modem 👍... Sorry about the delay guys, just been dealing with a lot......
    i mad a simple script just enable usb debugging and run bat itll do everything for you
    Thank you bro. But I cant find EU to Global MSM in the earlier posts.

Can I change it in OOS 13 with A13 ? Or should I downgrade to A11 ?

Is my modem will change it too?

Sorry dude I asked too much question to you.
    Go back a few pages, its there, your going to be back on a11 if you use EU to Global MSM