• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How To Guide OP9Pro - Repository of MSM Unbrick Tools (TMO, EU, GLO, IN)

Search This thread

KTFA

Aug 17, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
MSM tool needs Super fast steps because automatically disconnect after 5 sec.
1 trun off antivirus
2 run administration
3 standby everything choose firmware etc.
4 after turn off you device then vol up and vol down only l, then connect the cable after show your devices is connected release buttons
Then press Start

pranavasri

Nov 13, 2015
Hyderabad
OnePlus Nord
OnePlus 9 Pro
I bricked my phone again good this time. Luckily MSM was able to fix it last time, this time is not the case :/

I am only able to get the phone to go in to EDL mode and nothing else. On connecting the device to the PC, I am able to verify that it is showing up fine in device manager. I have grabbed the latest qualcomm drivers to confirm. On launching MSM and telling it to start, it goes on for ~20 seconds and then craps out. "Sahara Communication Failed, Please try again after power off phone (FH: 258). I've restarted the phone through the vol up + vol down + power to get back in to edl mode and confirm that it does disconnect from the computer but still can't get past that.

Any help would be appreciated.
Did you fix this anyway ??
Exact same situation..

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
This saved my bum. If you are having issues with the param value, make sure you get the "Qualcomm drivers.7z" package and unpack it so you have the .cab file. Then using 7zip, extract that file so you have a folder of its contents. Pointing device manager there let me install it correctly. Any other driver files or archives resulted in it saying it couldnt install properly.

budlington

Jun 18, 2021
I need help
i have the corrupt issue and when i download the MSM tool lemonadep_22_E.05_210324.zip all i try to unpack it is this file is corrupt
i need help

Fixed with a different machine - main machine kept making some of the files go corrupt
but thank you everyone who puts these help tools on here
saved my bacon

Last edited:

xori.eng

Aug 30, 2012
BANDUNG
By using these tools, you accept full responsibility for your actions. Your warranty is void should you run any of these utilities without OnePlus support present. I am not responsible for bricks, fires, nuclear war, etc.

If you modified any partition not touched by MSM, namely param and persist but there are others, you face a possibility of a hard brick. MSM will reset your "Enable OEM Unlocking" in dev settings and you might get a corrupt boot. Restore your backups before attempting. That said, If all you just tried to convert a ROM using OTA payload.bin, you should be fine.

I've noticed that there is a bunch of loose threads with MSM tools posted, and some revisions still don't have it available. I decided to put them all in 1 place.

If you don't know how to use these utilities, see https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.4180837/, as the instructions are the same.

LE2120 - China: Unavailable (does this even exist?)

LE2121 - India
11.2.4.4 Thanks to @mlgmxyysd
Mirror
Source thread
MD5: 825f7a7f7f014d46eeed25222df52b03

LE2123 - EU
11.2.2.2 Thanks to @razercortex
Mirror
MD5: 713ea4cd16c30469fc8f81bd6afa0833

LE2125 - NA/"Global"
11.2.2.2 Thanks to @jammin6996
Mirror
Source Thread
MD5: 084c59d92238881ec9aeef948d8a2a3b

LE2127 - T-Mobile
11.2.3.3 Thanks to @Jhoopes517
Mirror
MD5: d50ec4bcfb1df465eb84ac1fa1c32365

Qualcomm USB Drivers Thanks to @Some_Random_Username
Hello Brothers,
Finally I did unbrick my LE2120 using LE2121 India variant MSM Tool from above link, here to give the clues:

1624077343466.png

- Hold Vol-Up button + Power button more than 3 sec
- Hold Vol-Down button, plug USB
- Open MSM tool, make sure you get your COM PORT opened
- Tick "Use Lite Firehose" checkbox
- Click Start button, wait until finish, phone getting rebooted automatically...

Regards,
xe

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
MSM tool changed. On older models of OnePlus it was important to show Qualcom driver in Windows Device Manager. Now is NOT!
Before, in MSM, it show Connected , then my phone model. Now, just connected. It worked.
I was tormented to get the drivers to work, but someone on XDA say that they are not that important. True !
Still important, Very important is usb 2.0 !
Windows 10 pro x64.
I just un-root & re-Lock my bootloader on my "old" Oneplus 8 Pro (ready for sale). I'm sure is not to different from 9 Pro, which is on its way to me.

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
By using these tools, you accept full responsibility for your actions. Your warranty is void should you run any of these utilities without OnePlus support present. I am not responsible for bricks, fires, nuclear war, etc.

If you modified any partition not touched by MSM, namely param and persist but there are others, you face a possibility of a hard brick. MSM will reset your "Enable OEM Unlocking" in dev settings and you might get a corrupt boot. Restore your backups before attempting. That said, If all you just tried to convert a ROM using OTA payload.bin, you should be fine.

I've noticed that there is a bunch of loose threads with MSM tools posted, and some revisions still don't have it available. I decided to put them all in 1 place.

If you don't know how to use these utilities, see https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.4180837/, as the instructions are the same.

LE2121 - India
Mirror
Source thread

LE2123 - EU
Mirror

LE2125 - NA/"Global"
Mirror
Source Thread

LE2127 - T-Mobile
Mirror

Question, that red bit in this post is only a risk if you were to modify persist or any of those partitions right? Otherwise, this should safely restore a device on a custom rom?

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Question, that red bit in this post is only a risk if you were to modify persist or any of those partitions right? Otherwise, this should safely restore a device on a custom rom?
I only know of 1 instance for a hard brick requiring a device replacement. In that instance, all partitions were flashed manually while trying to debug things. If you didn't do anything "out of the ordinary", you should be fine.

Reactions: H4X0R46

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
I only know of 1 instance for a hard brick requiring a device replacement. In that instance, all partitions were flashed manually while trying to debug things. If you didn't do anything "out of the ordinary", you should be fine.
Gotcha! 👍 I never mess with those partitions anyway, not worth losing a $1,000+ device lol Thanks!

Reactions: null0seven

nightpanda2810

May 29, 2014
Got a bit of an odd situation, thought this may be the best spot to post. While this isn't the first phone I've rooted, aside from my first android being Samsung, I've only had Nexus/Pixel devices.

Got a brand new Global from a local BestBuy yesterday. Played around with it for a bit, then proceeded to root it, following the sticky by Steve0007. It failed, and I somehow bricked one of the slots, to the point where selecting the slot forced the phone into EDL mode. So I found this thread and downloaded 11.2.2.2 for Global. It would not work, no matter what I tried. I tried everything except USB 2.0, as nothing I have handy actually has 2.0.

After exhausting options, I thought to hell with it, the phone came with 11.2.4.4, I'll try the India MSM tool. Worst case, I go back to Best Buy and swap it out. It worked! I still had a bad slot, but through some trial and error, a bit of magic with TWRP, I got the phone to boot and function fine on both slots.

However, now my phone now think's is the India variant. Oxygen Updater reads it this way, etc. Flashing the Global firmware worked, however phone is still showing India in Oxygen Updater.

What kind of issues could I have being in the US if I keep the phone as-is? I did a bit of research, and the only thing I could find is that I could get updates faster. I have not yet dropped my SIM into it since it became the India variant.

nitinvaid

Hello Brothers,
Finally I did unbrick my LE2120 using LE2121 India variant MSM Tool from above link, here to give the clues:

View attachment 5341829
- Click Start button, wait until finish, phone getting rebooted automatically...

Regards,
xe
Thank you man..... its started downloading the firmware hopefully ill see my device alive again

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Got a bit of an odd situation, thought this may be the best spot to post. While this isn't the first phone I've rooted, aside from my first android being Samsung, I've only had Nexus/Pixel devices.

Got a brand new Global from a local BestBuy yesterday. Played around with it for a bit, then proceeded to root it, following the sticky by Steve0007. It failed, and I somehow bricked one of the slots, to the point where selecting the slot forced the phone into EDL mode. So I found this thread and downloaded 11.2.2.2 for Global. It would not work, no matter what I tried. I tried everything except USB 2.0, as nothing I have handy actually has 2.0.

After exhausting options, I thought to hell with it, the phone came with 11.2.4.4, I'll try the India MSM tool. Worst case, I go back to Best Buy and swap it out. It worked! I still had a bad slot, but through some trial and error, a bit of magic with TWRP, I got the phone to boot and function fine on both slots.

However, now my phone now think's is the India variant. Oxygen Updater reads it this way, etc. Flashing the Global firmware worked, however phone is still showing India in Oxygen Updater.

What kind of issues could I have being in the US if I keep the phone as-is? I did a bit of research, and the only thing I could find is that I could get updates faster. I have not yet dropped my SIM into it since it became the India variant.
What does your model number say?

View attachment 5346617

View attachment 5346619

Somewhy i cant get MSM working.....any ideas?
Thnx
Are you sure you downloaded the right MSM tool? Try downloading again without renaming the folder. Also, why are you messing with MSM when you can boot to Oxygen?

Reactions: Smedslund

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Brothers,

View attachment 5341829

Regards,
    xe
    Firehose lite saved me this time. Thanks, I never would have figured that out lol
    Just downloaded the EU version and BitDefender doesn't like it...

"The file C:\Android\MSM\lemonadep_22_E.05_210324.zip.part=>lemonadep_22_E.05_210324/MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.45674771 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean."

False positive?
    Yes false positive. Used it twice without issues

LE2121 - India
    Source thread

LE2123 - EU

LE2125 - NA/"Global"
    Source Thread

LE2127 - T-Mobile

Uploading the EU MSM now, if you get "not found", it's still uploading
    No on the msm repack conversion, I'll post a fastboot conversion soon

LE2121 - India
    Mirror
    Source thread

LE2123 - EU
    Mirror

LE2125 - NA/"Global"
    Mirror
    Source Thread

LE2127 - T-Mobile
    Mirror

Hello Brothers,

1624077343466.png

Regards,
    xe
    Thank you so much for all the work you've been doing, @craznazn