Question Open Beta 2 and Root

Search This thread

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
There are fragments of information floating around... but nothing concrete.

I'm wondering if anyone has any concrete information on rooting this thing.

I'd typically try some stuff myself but I managed to brick it 3 times today...

Reactions: rico302

Ljapa81

Jul 31, 2020
Tallinn
Hi! Same problem, i have bricked my 9 pro and dont know how to unbrick it. Could not find information about it. Maby you can tall me how to do that. the phone does not turn on, I can't switch it to recovery or bootloader mode....just black screen and
Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E in task manager

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi! Same problem, i have bricked my 9 pro and dont know how to unbrick it. Could not find information about it. Maby you can tall me how to do that. the phone does not turn on, I can't switch it to recovery or bootloader mode....just black screen and
Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E in task manager
You SHOULD be able to get into the bootloader with the buttons. If not, you'll have to msm it.

Then do this

Ljapa81

Jul 31, 2020
Tallinn
I updated Oneplus 9 pro to Android Open beta 1 because it was root something went wrong and the phone turned into a brick. I tried to put 11 android via fastboot and scripts with firmware partitions, when the 11 android was loaded, the phone simply went out and could not be detected even in EDL mode. The oneplus service diagnosed a burned-out RAM and replacement of the motherboard. All this happened in Helsinki and i was able to convince the service to repair under warranty. Now I'm waiting for the phone from service. I can say that realy possible "kill" the phone with the wrong flash firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samuel Holland

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What version of Magisk do you need for Android 12? Hopefully not one that takes Magisk hide with it.
    v23 works fine.

I am rooted. What do you need to know?
    I'm not sure what I was doing wrong.

How did you do it
    bricked mine - probably due to using the wrong boot.img. couldn't recover it. there's another thread that gives users a toolbox, even for OB2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xyysds-root-toolbox-coloros-oxygenos.4341167/
    I updated Oneplus 9 pro to Android Open beta 1 because it was root something went wrong and the phone turned into a brick. I tried to put 11 android via fastboot and scripts with firmware partitions, when the 11 android was loaded, the phone simply went out and could not be detected even in EDL mode. The oneplus service diagnosed a burned-out RAM and replacement of the motherboard. All this happened in Helsinki and i was able to convince the service to repair under warranty. Now I'm waiting for the phone from service. I can say that realy possible "kill" the phone with the wrong flash firmware.