• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Open Beta 2

Search This thread

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
On Oxygen Updater Open Beta 2, thanks to Abdul B.!
For me the update is incremental, Size is 660 mb.
For me was 693 Mb (in Oxygen Updater was set to Open beta (full) ). I'm not unlocked, rout-ed.
There is no full dowload link yet.

Open Beta is Global. So don't ask for european or other region.
OnePlus 9 Pro (Except IN) This is the global version Open Beta 1

Download Open Beta 2 with Oxygen updater..

Install by upgrade Open Beta 1

Official post:

Hey everyone,

Here is the Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro! The current Open Beta 1 users will receive this build push gradually.

Please bear in mind that this is beta software and, as such, may be less stable than stable MP builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system backup before proceeding.

Key updates

• System
    • Optimized the fluency of the status bar
    • Optimized battery life and charging speed
    • Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying apps
    • Fixed the low-probability issue of automatic brightness failing
    • Fixed the issue of some desktop widgets displaying abnormally
    • Fixed the issue of Cloud service not opening in Notes
    • Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.11
    • Improved system stability
  • Camera
    • Improved app stability
  • Bluetooth
    • Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying the battery of Bluetooth earphones
Know issues

1. Auto-rotate for desktop may be delayed under some using scenes
  2. Probable issue of WLAN automatically disconnected
  3. The camera will freeze when taking videos in 4K 60hz mode
  4. Notifications for some apps will automatically be switched on
  5. Global Search may not response
  6. Background Apps may automatically switch off under the using scene of low RAM
Please note: These instructions are only for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 3GB storage space is available.

MP version = Stable official version
OBT version = Open Beta Version

OBT2 will be upgraded from the OBT1 build. You need to upgrade OBT 1 first if you wish to try OBT2. You will get an upgrade notification after installing OBT1.

Note:
1. Please keep in mind that this is still beta software which may cause instability. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.

2. As always, your feedback is appreciated. For Indian users, please type *#800# in the Phone App to switch on the Feedback App and submit the feedback. For users from other regions, feel free to share your product suggestions via the Feedback option in the Community app. If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.
Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact [email protected].
[IMG]

3. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.

Never Settle.

Last edited:

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
For me Ob1 works .
Oxygen contacts, phone not working on Android 12. I miss it for "Rise the phone to answer a call" gesture.
Also missing the option to restart to recovery (not in developer mode neither). I wanted to wipe cache in recovery.
For the first time since OnePlus 8 Pro & now on 9 Pro i got 5g on settings. See screenshot.
In camera app xPan is moved to Settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-05-18-54-02-82_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-05-18-54-02-82_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: Samuel Holland

AndroPlus

Mar 13, 2013
Kyoto
androplus.org
Lenovo P11
OnePlus 9 Pro
Anybody manage to access engineer mode on this version? Dialer codes no longer exist and its using a different app now. Cant launch from shortcut master anymore either.
*#899# will open it, but it's encrypted and most functions are locked.
Now it requires login to OPPO server for decryption (allawnos.com... interesting name, isn't it?)

kdkinc

Jul 27, 2009
Inverness, Florida
I installed the Beta 1, however, I also have Visible wireless, a Verizon MVNO.
I had to go back to Android 11 because of no cell service.
Is this a common issue? I didn't see anywhere that Verizon won't work on Beta 1.
What I saw looked nice on Beta 1 hopefully a fix comes along.
Verizon in my area gives the best coverage TMO & AT&T are only ok.

vangry2020

Mar 18, 2020
OnePlus 9 Pro
The Good: 5G option is available in the settings.

The Bad: Notification badges on status bar are bugged they don't showup specifically AFWall Firewall Service and Outlook.
Brave Browser doesn't open.
Closing all apps at once is buggy results in unexpected behavior.
Stock Camera app doesn't open have to install Gcam Instead.

Other than those issues it's fine for daily use.

NYYFan325

May 28, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
OnePlus 9 Pro
The Good: 5G option is available in the settings.

The Bad: Notification badges on status bar are bugged they don't showup specifically AFWall Firewall Service and Outlook.
Brave Browser doesn't open.
Closing all apps at once is buggy results in unexpected behavior.
Stock Camera app doesn't open have to install Gcam Instead.

Other than those issues it's fine for daily use.
Literally none of those happen on my phone. I'd recommend you factory reset and test again. The only issue I've had so far is this morning when my alarm went off I didn't get the pop-up to dismiss / snooze it and had to restart my phone. Everything else is working as expected

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery is actually much better for me.

Completely agree!
    On Oxygen Updater Open Beta 2, thanks to Abdul B.!
    For me the update is incremental, Size is 660 mb.
    For me was 693 Mb (in Oxygen Updater was set to Open beta (full) ). I'm not unlocked, rout-ed.
    There is no full dowload link yet.

Open Beta is Global. So don't ask for european or other region.
    OnePlus 9 Pro (Except IN) This is the global version Open Beta 1

Download Open Beta 2 with Oxygen updater..

Install by upgrade Open Beta 1

Official post:

Hey everyone,

Here is the Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro! The current Open Beta 1 users will receive this build push gradually.

Please bear in mind that this is beta software and, as such, may be less stable than stable MP builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system backup before proceeding.

Key updates

• System
      • Optimized the fluency of the status bar
      • Optimized battery life and charging speed
      • Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying apps
      • Fixed the low-probability issue of automatic brightness failing
      • Fixed the issue of some desktop widgets displaying abnormally
      • Fixed the issue of Cloud service not opening in Notes
      • Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.11
      • Improved system stability
    • Camera
      • Improved app stability
    • Bluetooth
      • Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying the battery of Bluetooth earphones
    Know issues

1. Auto-rotate for desktop may be delayed under some using scenes
    2. Probable issue of WLAN automatically disconnected
    3. The camera will freeze when taking videos in 4K 60hz mode
    4. Notifications for some apps will automatically be switched on
    5. Global Search may not response
    6. Background Apps may automatically switch off under the using scene of low RAM
    Please note: These instructions are only for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 3GB storage space is available.

MP version = Stable official version
    OBT version = Open Beta Version

OBT2 will be upgraded from the OBT1 build. You need to upgrade OBT 1 first if you wish to try OBT2. You will get an upgrade notification after installing OBT1.

Note:
    1. Please keep in mind that this is still beta software which may cause instability. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.

2. As always, your feedback is appreciated. For Indian users, please type *#800# in the Phone App to switch on the Feedback App and submit the feedback. For users from other regions, feel free to share your product suggestions via the Feedback option in the Community app. If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.
    Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact [email protected].
    [IMG]

3. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.

Never Settle.
    wtf, Texts and calls might not be able to be received, a realy bad joke from Oneplus this first open beta.
    This beta is not worth installing it is a waste of time, too many bugs. It is better to wait for a stable version.
    You will go back to Android 11 for sure