• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Open Beta 2

Search This thread

Mike_77

Nov 26, 2010
Is it just me, or is wreless charging broken on OB1? Pretty much everything else works fine for me.

Edit: Intrestingly enough, a reboot enables wireless charing again... For a while. After a while (1-2 hours) the wireless charging just stops again. :)
Turn off "Optimized night charging" in advanced battery settings. That fixed it for me.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
So,stupid question:
After converting TMobile to AA and trying to install the A12 OB1 is an installation fail. Is there a way around it or do I have to wait for the official being it's a Tmo converted?
I had the same issue. Pro user here but also have the 9 as well. I did fastboot stock rom then factory reset from recovery then was able to install OB. Apparently when I hecked up my phone, it corrupted some files and I kept getting the install failed as well. Had to be on an older version of oos, then ota to 11.9.2.2 (or whatever the latest is), then switched to open beta from there.

Reactions: aNGERY

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
From what i read you friends have problem with other software. This is the BS of google.
So, google give you creap with the software that don't work..
More google in Oxygen, more problems for our phones.
Last night i wanted to do a clean instal. Too bad that is not possible like a few years ago.
I Wipe data in recovery. I thought it will wipe all, including system..Phone restarts in OB1... Wait.., what ?!?...
Well.., ok i set up the phone again. When i sing in to BS google " the device in not recongnised"... Same device, same home, same router, same network, same location...
Today it workt & i can finish set up the phone. For now all works well.

There is no option to set notification sound for SMS messages app . Is the same as in Call.
I don't like this.
You have to set it through the Google Messages app itself, not system sound settings.

Reactions: null0seven

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile
OnePlus 9 Pro
What is this thing? Those are two apps on my phone, but unless I uninstall them, they show up in this thing. It can be moved from top to bottom on either side of screen, but does nothing that I can tell. I press on an icon, nothing. I force stop the app think it could be some recent apps thing, but nope.
Perhaps just half implemented thing. Hope it can be turned off :)

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-25-18-25-08-00_3822ac0e29cfec8970059bb21d01f05e (2).jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-25-18-25-08-00_3822ac0e29cfec8970059bb21d01f05e (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73

BeDesireS

Aug 30, 2011
Trier
What is this thing? Those are two apps on my phone, but unless I uninstall them, they show up in this thing. It can be moved from top to bottom on either side of screen, but does nothing that I can tell. I press on an icon, nothing. I force stop the app think it could be some recent apps thing, but nope.
Perhaps just half implemented thing. Hope it can be turned off :)

Thanks
This is caused by the Nova launcher "double tap to lock" setting.
Search for "accessibility" (don`t know the exact word in English) in settings and open the settings for nova.
Disable "shortcut" and the button is gone. The same for the other button, which app also should appear in settings there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have questions for the open beta users if they can answer,
    -Does the stutter still exist when you scroll on chrome or something like that?
    - is the input lag/latency near the bottom corners still there?
    Stutter in chrome is definitely fixed, runs at smooth 120fps, the most important reason I'm staying with this otherwise quite buggy ROM 😅

Otherwise Gboard still lowers fps to 60 whenever opened 🙄
    I tried Lawnchair 12 and it`s quite nice. The only thing that is really annoying is the huge search bar in dock.
    As I saw on screenshots other devices have a normal size search bar, how it looks for you, cause I think it`s a problem of the dpi missmatch in the beta 1!?

I have it disabled. You can try adding a search bar using a browser widget like Brave if the lawn chair is too big.
    Thanks for the tip, but how do you move it under the dock?
    It shows up there by default.

Did you install Quick switch magisk module?
    This is caused by the Nova launcher "double tap to lock" setting.
    Search for "accessibility" (don`t know the exact word in English) in settings and open the settings for nova.
    Disable "shortcut" and the button is gone. The same for the other button, which app also should appear in settings there.
    This is stock launcher. I did have nova on there, but this was already on my phone in the stock launcher. I've also since removed nova. Weird...and literally right now, I found the answer. It was a Bitwarden accessibility setting. HAH. Been driving me nuts. D'oh
    Battery is actually much better for me.

Completely agree!
    On Oxygen Updater Open Beta 2, thanks to Abdul B.!
    For me the update is incremental, Size is 660 mb.
    For me was 693 Mb (in Oxygen Updater was set to Open beta (full) ). I'm not unlocked, rout-ed.
    There is no full dowload link yet.

Open Beta is Global. So don't ask for european or other region.
    OnePlus 9 Pro (Except IN) This is the global version Open Beta 1

Download Open Beta 2 with Oxygen updater..

Install by upgrade Open Beta 1

Official post:

Hey everyone,

Here is the Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro! The current Open Beta 1 users will receive this build push gradually.

Please bear in mind that this is beta software and, as such, may be less stable than stable MP builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system backup before proceeding.

Key updates

• System
      • Optimized the fluency of the status bar
      • Optimized battery life and charging speed
      • Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying apps
      • Fixed the low-probability issue of automatic brightness failing
      • Fixed the issue of some desktop widgets displaying abnormally
      • Fixed the issue of Cloud service not opening in Notes
      • Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.11
      • Improved system stability
    • Camera
      • Improved app stability
    • Bluetooth
      • Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying the battery of Bluetooth earphones
    Know issues

1. Auto-rotate for desktop may be delayed under some using scenes
    2. Probable issue of WLAN automatically disconnected
    3. The camera will freeze when taking videos in 4K 60hz mode
    4. Notifications for some apps will automatically be switched on
    5. Global Search may not response
    6. Background Apps may automatically switch off under the using scene of low RAM
    Please note: These instructions are only for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 3GB storage space is available.

MP version = Stable official version
    OBT version = Open Beta Version

OBT2 will be upgraded from the OBT1 build. You need to upgrade OBT 1 first if you wish to try OBT2. You will get an upgrade notification after installing OBT1.

Note:
    1. Please keep in mind that this is still beta software which may cause instability. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.

2. As always, your feedback is appreciated. For Indian users, please type *#800# in the Phone App to switch on the Feedback App and submit the feedback. For users from other regions, feel free to share your product suggestions via the Feedback option in the Community app. If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.
    Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact [email protected].
    [IMG]

3. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.

Never Settle.
    wtf, Texts and calls might not be able to be received, a realy bad joke from Oneplus this first open beta.
    This beta is not worth installing it is a waste of time, too many bugs. It is better to wait for a stable version.
    You will go back to Android 11 for sure