Open Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus Factory Test Menu

Search This thread

derbobo33

Dec 21, 2018
Recently, I had to repair a Yoga Tab 3 Plus and needed a way to test all of the Components like Sensors, Battery, Speakers...
On most phones, there are secret codes that can be entered in the Dialer App to launch a so called Factory Test Menu, where you can run all sorts of tests on the internal components.
If you have the Wifi-only version of the Tablet, you dont have the Dialer App so you need to launch the Menu otherwise.

After a bit of poking around, here's what I came up with:

At first, you will need to connect your tablet to a PC via USB and get ADB working. Please refer to the following XDA guide on how to do so:
How to Install ADB on Windows, macOS, and Linux

Once all of that is set up, you will need to run the adb shell with the following command:
adb shell

If everything worked, you should see something like this:
YT-X703F:/ $

Now you can type in the following command to launch the menu:
am start -n com.tools.cit/.HomeActivity

Be aware that all of the options are written in Chinese so you have to use another phone to translate it, or use the following translation:

显示Display Menu
LCDLCD
透明度Transparency
背光Backlight
双色灯Dual color light
闪光灯Flash light
触屏Touch screen

电源Power Menu
电池Battery

插槽Slot Menu
SIM卡SIM card
SD卡SD card

录音Audio Menu
录音Microphone
耳机Earphone
震动Vibrate
顶部扬声器Top Speaker
底部扬声器Bottom Speaker

摄像头Camera Menu
前置摄像头Front Camera
后置摄像头Rear Camera

传感器Sensor Menu
距离传感器Distance sensor
罗盘传感器Compass sensor
加速度传感器Acceleration sensor
光传感器Light sensors
霍尔感应器Hall sensors
Sar感应器SAR sensor

按键Button Menu
按键Pushbuttons

连接Connections Menu
无线网Wifi
蓝牙Bluetooth

网络Network Menu
GPS定位GPS Location
收音机Radio

版本Versions Menu
软件版本Software Versions

RunInRunIn Menu
RunInRunIn

This guide works for the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (Model: YT-X703F) but might work for other Qualcomm based Lenovo Tablets as well (not tested).
Note: The app can apparently also be launched with the secret code *#*#7388#*#* but this did not work out for me