OpenGL (not OpenGL ES) Games - working and not working

Search This thread

skally

Apr 17, 2006
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
I've been trying out a few games on the Pixel C and have found a lot of issues, specifically with games using full OpenGL as opposed to OpenGL ES.

So far, I found the following:

Trine 2 Doesn't even start, the developers tell me the Pixel C is not supported but they can't mark it as such on the play store for some reason.
The Talos Principle Works, but most of the effects break the rendering, so it will only run with basic visuals.

Anyone else have any to add?

kgeissler

Dec 21, 2006
Rowlett, TX
All the games I have tried work fine. The only exception was Hitman Sniper. That game worked fine before they did a Christmas update, now I have graphics problems.

The games I have played and worked are: This War of Mine, Pac Man 256, Horizon Chase and Geometry Wars.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

skally

Apr 17, 2006
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
All the games I have tried work fine. The only exception was Hitman Sniper. That game worked fine before they did a Christmas update, now I have graphics problems.

The games I have played and worked are: This War of Mine, Pac Man 256, Horizon Chase and Geometry Wars.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I believe all these are OpenGL ES games as they all have an IOS port. I'm specifically looking for full OpenGL games that have been written specifically for, or ported from PC and console, to Tegra K1 & X1 devices e.g Pixel C, Shield tablet & Shield AndroidTV.

Thanks for the input.

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
I believe all these are OpenGL ES games as they all have an IOS port. I'm specifically looking for full OpenGL games that have been written specifically for, or ported from PC and console, to Tegra K1 & X1 devices e.g Pixel C, Shield tablet & Shield AndroidTV.

Thanks for the input.

are you sure that full opengl games are supported by google on the pixel c and not only by shield devices?
Maybe it’s like on the n9. :(

skally

Apr 17, 2006
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
are you sure that full opengl games are supported by google on the pixel c and not only by shield devices?

I'm not sure at all as Google have not made it clear. This is what I'm trying to determine.

If Google are aiming the Pixel C at productivity users, supporting Desktop OpenGL is a good way to help developers port their software.

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Seriously? GLTools contains alternative OpenGL ES driver.
->OpenGL games
->OpenGL ES driver
->emulate the shield tablet
What?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2770105

At least Half life 2 should be playable on pixel c.

rhmanoa

Oct 9, 2014

Hello, I installed DIII4A (DOOM3) and QIII4A on my pixel C and they worked well. I think the apps for the shield don't work on pixel C.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Seriously? GLTools contains alternative OpenGL ES driver.
->OpenGL games
->OpenGL ES driver
->emulate the shield tablet
What?

Hello, I already tried that on my pixel C but it didn't work.