• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

opera 9.5 crash problem

Search This thread

sanryu

May 12, 2009
if opera goes to a site it doesn't like, it will just crash. I check the running processes and it isn't running. I go to the start menu and try and run it again and it doesn't do anything! It isn't in the background...It's annoying having to reset the phone just to run opera again.. anyone have a fix or this happened to you before?

Tyrrell9

Jun 2, 2009
Yeah I had the same problem, gone back to using the old version mainly now, 9.5 seems to have stopped crashing since I disabled Opera Turbo in advanced settings though. If you've got it enabled try disabling it.

Edit: Just realised I'm talking about 9.7 beta, not sure if that feature's in 9.5 so you should probably ignore me :)

Last edited:

chrisafonso21

May 29, 2007
Funchal
Opera Crashes

Hi.
I have the same problem. I thought that the problem was due to have Microsoft Net CF 3.5 intalled in the memory card but it still crashes after intall it on my HD...It's the Opera 9.5. Already tried the 9.7 beta but I have the same problem...
So if someone has the solution, you're wellcome! :)

Last edited:

Mosselmaniac

Apr 12, 2009
I got this exact same, MAJOR problem.... A site which has flash / complex stuff like activex, or whatever, sometimes just sites with popups or somthing. BAM, opera 9.5 crashes.

It doesn't load anymore (sometimes) when started again. Any solutions? :(

ypsmav

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2009
EU
hi,
i got a similar problem, but it crash when I close Opera, blocking the phone.
I've noted that i can't close if java is active, but now it has started to crash all the time, without a reason.
it's quite anoying.

I have tried installing the flash 7 (now unistalled), and I have the Ati driver installed.

I could this be related? I'm planning to use the flash fix from other post and i'll revert of it work