Opera Mini 5 Final (not beta) +jbed

Search This thread

imbunned

Sep 30, 2009
3589.jpg

3602.jpg

install 2009VGAJavaAndOperaMini5Beta2(if not installed)
install opera-mini-5.0.18635-advanced-en (final)
run opera mini final and exit java

Copy the file \windows\appdb\selector.utf to your PC
(make sure backup this file first in case something goes wrong!)
Remove read-only attribute
Extract the file “sign_operamini.exe”
from my zip to the same folder and run it.
It will patch the selector.utf and create a backup too.
Now replace the selector.utf file in the pocket PC with the patched.
Create the shortcut manually using any text editor. Shortcuts have the file extension ".lnk". So, for example, lets create a file in a text editor, and save it with the file name OperaMini.lnk, the contents of the file should look similar to this :

Code:

28#"\windows\jbed.exe" -run s0_

DONE

dcarr622

Oct 18, 2008
dcarr.io
I think this is already covered in the Opera Mobile/Mini all versions thread. Plus I think the Opera Mini 5 native for WinMo is a better option.

imbunned

Sep 30, 2009
this i not beta. you are talking about the beta 2 version and wm opera has many problems. sorry my bad english

bruno504

Jul 26, 2008
I like almost everything in opera mini 5, but some nice functions still missing..., like:
- copy link command from another application doesn't have support for "paste" into the operamini;:mad:
- missing flash content player support (for animated images on most websites).:confused:

Skyfire web explorer has almost everything it's needed and it's free :). The only thing in skifire that needs to be improved is scrolling the page like operamini, very smooth and quick :eek:.

rileyd5

May 6, 2008
Pittsburgh
I cant download this. says virus alert. and shuts down. Just wanted to let you know.
edit: got it downloaded on my home pc. thanks!

Last edited: