Opera Mobile 10.1 Released

Search This thread

mdizzle9

Sep 6, 2010
Won't open for me. I installed it and whenever I try to open it, it says "Opera Mobile" and then it just closes. Doesn't say anything about a force close, just closes...

Update: uninstalled and reinstalled and this time did not move it to SD card. It works now but it is quite a large file. 21 mb installed on phone. I'll give it a try, though, and see if it is any better than opera mini (which I currently use).

What is supposed to make it better than opera mini, anyway?

jxr94

Jun 15, 2010
Won't open for me. I installed it and whenever I try to open it, it says "Opera Mobile" and then it just closes. Doesn't say anything about a force close, just closes...

Update: uninstalled and reinstalled and this time did not move it to SD card. It works now but it is quite a large file. 21 mb installed on phone. I'll give it a try, though, and see if it is any better than opera mini (which I currently use).

What is supposed to make it better than opera mini, anyway?

Its their full browser experience

ElAguila

Mar 12, 2007
San Antonio
It looks like opera has their own version of the market. When I looked at one of the default links on the start page it brought a list of software. It is faster for me than the stock. I don't think it will do flash. I know the new skyfire beta will.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
I really like Opera and Firefox BUT why is it that 3rd party browsers haven't gotten their "flash act" together yet? With a stock browser that works well PLUS has flash, I just find myself skipping over Opera Mini, Skyfire (the flash is great but the brower experience is lacking) and most recently, Firefox.

If they could just combine some of the basics (flash) of our native browser with their excellent browser experience, I think lots and lots of people would jump ship.

Thanks for the heads up post guys.

steb0ne

May 28, 2007
No flash = No go for me!!! I'll stick to either the stock browser or Dolphin HD (the tabbed browsing, themes and plug-ins available are awesome, btw!!!)

skydeaner

Sep 29, 2008
champaign
xda.chambanatech.com
I tried it out. it stopped zooming in and out even if i force closed it and restarted it. Tried changing options and whatnot too. No go. So I just uninstalled it. My web browsing is too important not to be able to zoom and read stuff lol.

I know it's a beta though. Maybe the final product i'll give a go round.

Imma try the skyfire beta. I use dolphin HD for everythign right now and it's great.

Once the MIUI browser gets reflowing imma prolly use that for everything.