Operation RMD - To Support & Reward our MTK SoC Developers

Search This thread

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Operation Reward MTK Developers - For their great job done on Mediatek SystemonChip MT65xx Android Smartphone devices...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

i cook ROMs with Android Kitchen, use unpack/ repack scripts/ utils to peek inside boot.img/ recovery.img & make changes to it & flash & backup ROMs almost every alternate day via CWMR/ TWRP... :cool:

A year back, all these are not possible & it has never come across my mind that i've been taken advantage of these great tools shared by these great DEVs... :eek:

Credits to Klown80, he has sort of kick me in the butt & this is the reason i'm starting this thread to pay our dues & rewards to all these great Master Shifu's...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

So please go to those threads & start hitting those buttons to reward them for the great job they have done for us...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Buy them either breakfast, lunch or dinner is entirely up to you...
ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

Arrange in Alphabetical Order
Thanks to Master Shifu bgcngm for sharing his unpack/ repack scripts to the world or we will be stuck at using Stock 3e recovery on MTK SoC until today...

Thanks to Master Shifu carliv for developing CTR recovery specially for MTK SoC so that it will fit to its limited 6Mb recovery partition...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu codeworkx for developing BBQLinux now everyone can kick-start Android Development ...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu dsixda for his Android Kitchen or we won't be able to cook ROMs on MTK SoC...

Thanks to Master Shifu Javum for looking into those source code or we won't be having TWRP on our MTK SoC...

Thanks to Master Shifu Koush for his clockworkmod or we won't be able to use cwmr to flash custom ROMs & do backups. Buy an app here... ROM Manager is not compatible for use at our MT65xx however, b'cos of Master Shifu Koush share his source code, DEVs are able to compile a working cwmr on MT65xx...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu Michfood for his Repack Utils or we won't be able to Unpack/ Repack boot/ recovery.img directly on Win OS... You are spare from the hassle to install linux or cygwin & learn all those command line interface (i hate cli)...
ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu Phil3759 for adding MTK support to PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition... :good:

Thanks to Master Shifu rua1 or we won't be able to backup MTK SoC Factory ROM & use it for unbricking & many many more...

Thanks to Master Shifu Dees_Troy & TeamWin or we won't be able to use TWRP to flash custom ROMs & do backups...

Now, if you see & notice closely, each & every DEVs above are actually interlink to each other which means if any one of them doesn't develop & share, our MTK devices will be very dull & feature-less... :eek:

So what are you waiting for, start hitting all those buttons to show your gratitude to them for their great work done on MTK SoC & i'm sure they will continue to bring us more goodies & updates too... :D

Last but not least, did you notice that i have a GOLD STAR beside my name, head to here to show your support too...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

There was once someone ask me what is Master Shifu & How does he looks like....
ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

MasterShifu_zps26e582b4.jpg

Give Credit Where Credit is Due...
bt_zpsdd093615.gif

Cheers... :cool:

Last edited:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Operation Reward MTK Developers - For their great job done on Mediatek SystemonChip MT65xx Android Smartphone devices...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

i cook ROMs with Android Kitchen, use unpack/ repack scripts/ utils to peek inside boot.img/ recovery.img & make changes to it & flash & backup ROMs almost every alternate day via CWMR/ TWRP... :cool:

A year back, all these are not possible & it has never come across my mind that i've been taken advantage of these great tools shared by these great DEVs... :eek:

Credits to Klown80, he has sort of kick me in the butt & this is the reason i'm starting this thread to pay our dues & rewards to all these great Master Shifu's...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

So please go to those threads & start hitting those buttons to reward them for the great job they have done for us...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu bgcngm for sharing his unpack/ repack scripts to the world or we will be stuck at using Stock 3e recovery on MTK SoC until today...

Thanks to Master Shifu dsixda for his Android Kitchen or we won't be able to cook ROMs on MTK SoC...

Thanks to Master Shifu Javum for looking into those source code or we won't be having TWRP on our MTK SoC...

Thanks to Master Shifu Koush for his clockworkmod or we won't be able to use cwmr to flash custom ROMs & do backups. Buy an app here...

Thanks to Master Shifu Michfood for his Repack Utils or we won't be able to Unpack/ Repack boot/ recovery.img directly on Win OS...

Thanks to Master Shifu rua1 or we won't be able to backup MTK SoC Factory ROM & use it for unbricking & many many more...

Thanks to TWRP Team or we won't be able to use TWRP to flash custom ROMs & do backups...

Now, if you see & notice closely, each & every DEVs above are actually interlink to each other which means if any one of them doesn't develop & share, our MTK devices will be very dull & feature-less... :eek:

So what are you waiting for, start hitting all those buttons to show your gratitude to them for their great work done on MTK SoC & i'm sure they will continue to bring us more goodies & updates too... :D

Last but not least, did you notice that i have a GOLD STAR beside my name, head to here to show your support too...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

bt_zpsdd093615.gif

All the Dev's you listed should get a donation for there help and hard work. I cannot guess how many hours of there time these guy's give freely so to give a little support buying them a Pisa or a beer while they are stuck to the PC scripting away is the least we can do :good:

Vukile

Jun 25, 2007
Wait a minute, are you saying we might see a less riskier dev market for MTK devices? In that case, its about time. Ive been mulling owning an Android device, but only as a watch phone. Maybe one of those 3 inch concepts with USB ports that came out years back. Personally, I never consider a device credible if the aftermarket tweaking isn't up to scratch.

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Yeoh man, where have you been, my friend...
ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif
Your MTK watch phone development thread is here... And there are many many more here...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

i believe it all started when Master Shifu bgcngm release his unpack/ repack scripts to the world...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

At the company i work for, use the keyword how many manhour have you use for this project, where is the cost center for this job while these great DEVs, just as above bigrammy says, they do it for free so i guess its time to full swing Operation RMD...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
Yup...Yuweng bro!! We came to know each other on a dull day with not able to repack our boot.img properly.....i just wonder how things moved on quickly and we all now belong to a big community.

My sincere thanks to all devs and Yuweng bro for helping me in most of my works related to MTK.

It will be awesome if MediaTek understands us!

Last edited:

gerstavros

May 30, 2012
Athens
Big respect for the developers, and anyone who has helped us about MTK devices :good:
special thanks to Bruno and yuweng who have helped me very much!

Reactions: yuweng

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
Just wanted to say thank you to ALL of the Master Shifu's for all great MTK gifts they have given us, that includes you too Master Shifu Yuweng, I couldnt have done it without you either. Thanks again!

nerbiyoso

Feb 6, 2013
hello from the Philippines! the android smartphone market here is overwhelmed by MTK devices and with the help of all the devs here we've appreciated our devices more. so here's to a bright future for mtk device development :beer: more power to all

Sent from my Cherry Mobile Skyfire using xda app-developers app

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Just wanted to say thank you to ALL of the Master Shifu's for all great MTK gifts they have given us, that includes you too Master Shifu Yuweng, I couldnt have done it without you either. Thanks again!
Well said Klown :good:
I know for sure none of us probably could of either :laugh:

Thanks yuweng :cool:
YW, guys... :laugh: Me may be a small shifu, definitely not Master Shifu...
ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

Yuweng and friends, we need support forum for mtk, so I think it es good idea to go at request forum and sumbit a mtk forum for es. Sorry for my bad english
Haha, may be its a good idea... :)

Look at the MMX A110 thread here so organised, previously it was scatter all over xda, so messy & there are still many A110 stuff left on the outside... :eek:

i'm sure it gonna take MOD some time to get it done......
ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

xheroxkefx

May 1, 2010
Utrecht
Wong,

I want to thank you and all of the people that made this possible.
You saved my butt for atleast 3 times for now!

A big thanks you for putting this all together and giving us such great help!!

thumbs up!! :good:

( PS. WHERE IS THE DONATE BUTTON TO YOU!? )

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
My 9 to 5 job, i deal with automation system that involves 80% hardware & 20% simple logic programming so its easier for me to pick up MT65xx SoC than normal users.... :laugh:

As said, i'm not a DEV & i donno how to write codes, only manage to KANG one or two script...
ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif
so no button necessary for me... :eek:

InMesh

Feb 21, 2013
Melilla
I have a little doubt guys. My gps don't work well. I think that is because gps is configured for China. Any idea for solve or fix it?

InMesh

Feb 21, 2013
Melilla
New mtk6589 are here hahaha. I hope that this forum help people to develop new devices and post many many good things :thumbup::thumbup::D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu carliv for developing CTR recovery specially for MTK SoC so that it will fit to its limited 6Mb recovery partition...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu codeworkx for developing BBQLinux now everyone can kick-start Android Development ...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu Koush for his clockworkmod or we won't be able to use cwmr to flash custom ROMs & do backups. Buy an app here... ROM Manager is not compatible for use at our MT65xx however, b'cos of Master Shifu Koush share his source code, DEVs are able to compile a working cwmr on MT65xx...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu Michfood for his Repack Utils or we won't be able to Unpack/ Repack boot/ recovery.img directly on Win OS... You are spare from the hassle to install linux or cygwin & learn all those command line interface (i hate cli)...
    ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu Phil3759 for adding MTK support to PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition... :good:

Thanks to Master Shifu Dees_Troy & TeamWin or we won't be able to use TWRP to flash custom ROMs & do backups...

thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

bt_zpsdd093615.gif

rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

Thanks to Master Shifu Koush for his clockworkmod or we won't be able to use cwmr to flash custom ROMs & do backups. Buy an app here...

Thanks to Master Shifu Michfood for his Repack Utils or we won't be able to Unpack/ Repack boot/ recovery.img directly on Win OS...

Thanks to TWRP Team or we won't be able to use TWRP to flash custom ROMs & do backups...

thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

bt_zpsdd093615.gif

All the Dev's you listed should get a donation for there help and hard work. I cannot guess how many hours of there time these guy's give freely so to give a little support buying them a Pisa or a beer while they are stuck to the PC scripting away is the least we can do :good:
    Yeoh man, where have you been, my friend...
    ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif
    Your MTK watch phone development thread is here... And there are many many more here...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

i believe it all started when Master Shifu bgcngm release his unpack/ repack scripts to the world...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

At the company i work for, use the keyword how many manhour have you use for this project, where is the cost center for this job while these great DEVs, just as above bigrammy says, they do it for free so i guess its time to full swing Operation RMD...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif
    My 9 to 5 job, i deal with automation system that involves 80% hardware & 20% simple logic programming so its easier for me to pick up MT65xx SoC than normal users.... :laugh:

As said, i'm not a DEV & i donno how to write codes, only manage to KANG one or two script...
    ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif
    so no button necessary for me... :eek:
    Supporting this thread :good:

I have a Star S7180 fwvga version (854x480px) and I am learning to cook roms jeje. Thanks :eek: