• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OPN105G][OOS 86AA/89BA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread
Hey I'm running a rooted Android 11 BE86AA (N10 5G Global) and I'm experiencing some bugs (nothing major, just stutters). I hear a lot of people saying Android 10 is a little bit better for this device than 11, so I'm considering downgrading.

You think it's worth it? Custom ROMs are alright, but it seems all we have for this device are buggy Android 11 OSes.

RTamas91

Jan 14, 2017
I think
Hey I'm running a rooted Android 11 BE86AA (N10 5G Global) and I'm experiencing some bugs (nothing major, just stutters). I hear a lot of people saying Android 10 is a little bit better for this device than 11, so I'm considering downgrading.

You think it's worth it? Custom ROMs are alright, but it seems all we have for this device are buggy Android 11 OSes.
I think stutter is mainly caused by strict CPU governor setting, I guess your best bet is to stick with AOSP custom ROMs.

resiny

Oct 5, 2014
Thank god for the MSM download tool.

Tried all the custom roms. They seem to work nice, and I do like a streamlined and more ASOP experience, but they simply don't do this phone justice. The stock rom, especially version 11, blows everything out of the water.

I couldn't even get Wifi Tethering to work in tasker. None of the tethering plugins would work. Went back to stock, and bam, works natively in tasker without plugins.

5G reception, and LTE speeds are MUCH more stable on stock rom too. I still switch 5G off, as I get better coverage on LTE, but in any case, this phone is actually pretty damn nice on Oxygen OS 11... so good I disabled automatic updates and likely will never update this thing at this point. Everything works great. It's very similar to my LG v40.. while that is a much older phone, it's surprising what $225 can buy you today.

RTamas91

Jan 14, 2017
Well OP stock ROMs are very slow, this is my main reason to upgrade, even my old Zenfone Max Pro M1 (SD 636) beats this in browser benchmarks (difference is even noticable to the naked eye)

There can be issues in case of a dirty flash, did you do the process as instructed in the readme?

RTamas91

Jan 14, 2017

Actually I did downgrade to OOS 10 just to check things out. As it turns out this firmware is much better in terms on browsing performance (CPU throttling might be completely different?)

Anyway, here are the benchmark results (created a lot more with different scenarios just to be sure of course)

Nore: on Android 11 I usually get a score of 16-20 (with all browsers, sometimes 40 if the application is started for the first time!)

Attachments

• benchmark_speedometer2_chrome.jpg
    benchmark_speedometer2_chrome.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 9
  • benchmark_speedometer2_duckduckgo.jpg
    benchmark_speedometer2_duckduckgo.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 10
  • benchmark_speedometer2_firefox.jpg
    benchmark_speedometer2_firefox.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 8
  • benchmark_speedometer2_operatouch.jpg
    benchmark_speedometer2_operatouch.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: worldextermination
Actually I did downgrade to OOS 10 just to check things out. As it turns out this firmware is much better in terms on browsing performance (CPU throttling might be completely different?)

Anyway, here are the benchmark results (created a lot more with different scenarios just to be sure of course)

Nore: on Android 11 I usually get a score of 16-20 (with all browsers, sometimes 40 if the application is started for the first time!)
Nice, thanks!

Isn't there an issue with the bootloader re-locking itself upon downgrading?

killerbee0077

Sep 26, 2021
Okay guys, some fresh news about my pb : I waited 2-3 days and i also waited the phone have 0 percent battery. I tried again a morning and it worked......

I was in the exact situation as you

my phone entered Qualcoomm crash dump mode after flashing pixel experience. When connected to USB it would show up as "USB Device Not Recognized".

MSM downaloder tool also does not recognize my phone

After updating

Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 Drivers - FOR THE 64-BIT ARCHITECTURE : https://www.mediafire.com/file/5wc5nk5adevatrj/QDLoader_HS-USB_Driver_64bit_Setup.exe/file

Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 Drivers - FOR THE 32-BIT ARCHITECTURE : https://www.mediafire.com/file/q1uynnim8arbim9/QDLoader_HS-USB_Driver_32bit_Setup.exe/file

OnePlus Drivers - https://oneplususbdrivers.com/#choose-device

I pressed the volume up and volume down and power button for about ten seconds, oneplus fastboot logo shows up, then it boots into Qualcomm crash dump again.

After this step, turn off the device using volume up and power button for ten seconds

and immediately pressing volume up and volume down button I was able to sucessfully register my device on MSMDownloader tool and unbrick my device via a fresh install.

PS: the device must show up as usb device not recognized in device manager for my steps to work. However sometimes the device is recognized but encounters connection failed after 18s. I found that holding the device up and down volume button for 40 seconds then connecting it to pc will make it show up as usb device not reognized, then you can repeat the process as above.

PS: RTamas91's method seems to be most consistent

PS: MSM downloader tool can be found HERE and you can check this thread for more questions and help

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T, T-Mobile OP7T, regular OP7TPRO, T-Mobile OP7TPro 5G, regular OP8, T-Mobile OP8, Verizon OP8, Visible OP8, OP8Pro, OP Nord and OP8T here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tools or unbrick tools) that can revive a bricked OnePlus Nord N10.

Albeit it has not been tested, you should hopefully be able to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS with them if for some reason you want to go back to an older firmware :)

Please note that crossflashing regional builds is no longer possible by EDL, flash is tied to device project ID. For reference EU devices project ID is 20889 while international devices project ID is 20886. This has been found with @Elidone unit, which hasn't been able to crossflash EU software on his international device (see second screenshot attached). I therefore assume that same happens when trying to flash international software on EU units.

BE86AA tools (international firmware):

BE89BA tools (european firmware):

Instructions:

Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.

On the login prompt select "Other" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
    Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.

Press Start button so that it waits for your device to be connected
    Power off your device
    Maintain volume up and down buttons to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
    Plug your device to your computer.
    Should you not manage to do that and have adb access, you can use adb reboot edl instead
    Wait ~300 seconds.
    Enjoy your brand new device.

FAQ:

Does this work on Mac or on Linux?

Unfortunately no, tool is Windows only. You should need at least Windows 7.

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

How can I check my device project ID?

Use getprop ro.boot.project_name. This however involve having ADB access or access to OxygenOS to use Termux or whatever terminal emulator you prefer.

My device isn't detected

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

If you can't get into EDL mode by hardware keys, you may use adb reboot edl (will require your phone to still have ADB access)

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked above.

MSM tool is stuck on "Sahara communication failed"

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61

Credits:

@Elidone for testing 10.5.7 AA version on his device and for the screenshots
    Votton for providing a server as an alternative mirror
    OnePlus for the device and OS
    Capture d’écran 2020-12-17 234038.pngphoto_2020-12-15_20-03-11.jpg
    Added OOS 10.5.9 MSMs for both regions

@Some_Random_Username

Hello.
    Do you have unbrick tool Android 11?
    Hi @Alexey71 , I don't. As previously said, getting those tools is nowadays more complicated, but feel free to reach out in DM for a method on how you could obtain them.
    For me all links are working. They are not hosted by OnePlus, @Some_Random_Username uploaded to google Drive and AFH, so they are OK.
    Actually not Google Drive but rather a server (which was under DDOS attack yesterday) 😅
    @Some_Random_Username
    Hi. Do you have a new version 10.5.9.BE86AA?
    Hi, no, most likely because 10.5.9 got released too recently (today is first time I'm hearing of that build).
    I however have 10.5.8 which I aim to release in next days.
    Added OOS 10.5.8 MSMs
    For those unfamilliar, you don't need latest version to unbrick your device, it's just a convenience to restore to a newer build.