How To Guide [OPN2005G] [OOS TMO DE18CB] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread

lzgmc

Feb 13, 2016
United States
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Disclaimer: I hope you don't break your phone, but if you do, it's not my fault. Since you are choosing to modify your phone, you accept full responsibility for whatever happens to it, including any damage that may have occurred as a result of incorrectly flashing your device.

Hey guys, similar to all of @Some_Random_Username's unbrick threads, here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tools or unbrick tools) that can revive a bricked OnePlus Nord N200 5G.

Important: This is only for the T-Mobile variant of the N200. This will not work on the factory unlocked variant and may or may not work for the Metro variant.

Downloads:

11.0.1.5.DE18CB
Original archive
Google Drive
7z format (thanks @edale1)
AnddoidFileHost
MEGA
zip format (thanks @nv270)
Rethink Files

Also available at https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

Instructions:

Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.

On the login prompt select "Others" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.

Press Start button so that it waits for your device to be connected
Power off your device
Press and hold the volume up and down buttons to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
Plug your device to your computer.
Should you not manage to do that and have adb access, you can use adb reboot edl instead
Wait ~300 seconds.
Enjoy your brand new device.

FAQ:

Does this work on Mac or on Linux?

Unfortunately no, tool is Windows only. You should need at least Windows 7.

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

How can I check my device project ID?

Use getprop ro.boot.project_name. This however involve having ADB access or access to OxygenOS to use Termux or whatever terminal emulator you prefer.

My device isn't detected

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

If you can't get into EDL mode by hardware keys, you may use adb reboot edl (will require your phone to still have ADB access)

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked above.

MSM tool is stuck on "Sahara communication failed"

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61

Credits:

@Some_Random_Username for help getting files and for the mirror
@edale1 and @nv270 for repacking and mirroring the files
@nache2001 for testing the tool out on his device
OnePlus for the device and OS

Dimitrimem

Jan 19, 2018
Honolulu
@Nache and others who have the unlocked version from the oneplus store and have the bootloader locked and phone bricked .. This version will not work with your phone as i just tried it myself today .. hopefully someone gets a hold of the msmdowmload from the tech support ..
patiently waiting for the unlock :)

Reactions: bouyakasha

xentonix

Nov 30, 2011
So just to confirm: For those of us with Tmobile version, this will install default rom from OnePlus and get rid of all the bloatware from Tmobile and technically make our devices be like they are originally purchased from OP?

And of course, in order to use this our bootloader needs to be unlocked?
Will this lock bootloader again?
And do we unlock it with same code we got from OP first time?
Thanks!

edale1

Sep 5, 2016
So just to confirm: For those of us with Tmobile version, this will install default rom from OnePlus and get rid of all the bloatware from Tmobile and technically make our devices be like they are originally purchased from OP?

Thanks!
My understanding is the T-Mobile MSM Tools will restore a T-Mobile variant phone to the state it was in coming from T-Mobile; meaning if you debloated the phone, the bloat will be back.

You can use the MSM Tools even with a locked bootloader.

If your bootloader is unlocked, I believe this will lock it. (it may SIM lock your phone again as well, unsure...)

I think the same unlock token will work, but I'm hesitant to say 'yes' without someone testing it first.

lzgmc

Feb 13, 2016
United States
OnePlus Nord N200 5G

Thanks!
1. Nope, this will revert your device back to the T-Mobile stock ROM, including all the bloatware. Thsi does not convert your device into an unlocked variant.
2. This works whether your bootloader is locked or unlocked. If your bootloader is unlocked, using this tool will lock it again, and you will need to unlock it by flashing unlock_code.bin again.

xentonix

Nov 30, 2011
My understanding is the T-Mobile MSM Tools will restore a T-Mobile variant phone to the state it was in coming from T-Mobile; meaning if you debloated the phone, the bloat will be back.

You can use the MSM Tools even with a locked bootloader.

If your bootloader is unlocked, I believe this will lock it. (it may SIM lock your phone again as well, unsure...)

I think the same unlock token will work, but I'm hesitant to say 'yes' without someone testing it first.

1. Nope, this will revert your device back to the T-Mobile stock ROM, including all the bloatware. Thsi does not convert your device into an unlocked variant.
2. This works whether your bootloader is locked or unlocked. If your bootloader is unlocked, using this tool will lock it again, and you will need to unlock it by flashing unlock_code.bin again.

Thank you!
I read an article that was bit unclear and pointed to this so I wanted to confirm.
Also, from everything else I gathered, there is still no way to flash Tmob variant with non Tmob rom?

I was interested to try LineageOS but that's not available also seems like.

edale1

Sep 5, 2016
Phone's too new still. I think we need the MSM Tools for all the variants available before someone can figure out how to flash one variant into another, and we currently only have the T-Mobile variant's MSM Tools.

BmoreMike7

Sep 6, 2021
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Screenshot_20210916-183139.jpg
incoming August 176 patch

mingkee

I have update installed.
You can use restore image on Magisk uninstall before you start. If you encounter problem, you can use original boot image and run "mock patch"
Install update and switch to Magisk when you're prompted to restart, and let Magisk to install in unused partition, and restart after finished
If you have problem with CTS after update, install riru from Magisk and download safetynet fix, and install in Magisk as well (you have to reboot twice)

Reactions: BmoreMike7

DeadDjembe

Aug 26, 2018
I've successful restored my N200 phone several times using the MSM, but this most recent time it appears the process was interrupted and I get the following error when turning on the phone. I can not boot the phone back into EDL mode to run MSM tool again. Every 10 or so boots the phone will boot into fastboot instead of throwing the error. I tried flashing a backed up boot.img and super.img, but no luck getting past the error. Any way to recover?

1632747551416.png

towardsdawn

Sep 26, 2021
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Thank you! I could only get this to work by:
  1. Unplug phone
  2. Open MSMDownloadTool, don't click start
  3. Hold down volume up and down
  4. Plug phone into USB 2.0 port
  5. Release volume up and down, verify device shows up as QDLOADER in Device Manager
  6. Click "Enum" in MSMDownloadTool
  7. Click on the device in the list and click "Start"

Reactions: scottylightning
Dec 24, 2021
Thank you! I could only get this to work by:
  1. Unplug phone
  2. Open MSMDownloadTool, don't click start
  3. Hold down volume up and down
  4. Plug phone into USB 2.0 port
  5. Release volume up and down, verify device shows up as QDLOADER in Device Manager
  6. Click "Enum" in MSMDownloadTool
  7. Click on the device in the list and click "Start"

I bricked my phone late last night and found this forum & thread; my problem was that each time my computer kept showing my phone as "Kedacom" until I scrolled through and found this post.

You guys saved my ass AND saved me a trip to T-Mobile too! I owe you guys big time! :)

Reactions: towardsdawn

bleezycheesy

Jan 13, 2022
I successfully flashed a metro-pcs device using the tool in this thread. I bricked my device using the dsu loader in developer options. "Oem unlocking" is greyed out. Can anyone point me to a good bootloader unlocking tutorial for this devicel? Is it possible to use this tool with a rom that has already been rooted? Thanks,
Noob here. One thing to note: device was not recognized in the beginning. I held vol up/down at the same time and then plugged in device. Although the screen was black, the device was shown as "connected" and had no issues flashing. After 300 secs, voila!

towardsdawn

Sep 26, 2021
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I successfully flashed a metro-pcs device using the tool in this thread. I bricked my device using the dsu loader in developer options. "Oem unlocking" is greyed out. Can anyone point me to a good bootloader unlocking tutorial for this devicel? Is it possible to use this tool with a rom that has already been rooted? Thanks,
Noob here. One thing to note: device was not recognized in the beginning. I held vol up/down at the same time and then plugged in device. Although the screen was black, the device was shown as "connected" and had no issues flashing. After 300 secs, voila!
You can try this tutorial. It worked for me on Tmobile, no idea about MetroPCS. Key line is
Code:
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.qualcomm.qti.uim

MSMDownloadTool wipes the entire device and relocks the bootloader if it was unlocked, it doesn't care if you're rooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I hope you don't break your phone, but if you do, it's not my fault. Since you are choosing to modify your phone, you accept full responsibility for whatever happens to it, including any damage that may have occurred as a result of incorrectly flashing your device.

Hey guys, similar to all of @Some_Random_Username's unbrick threads, here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tools or unbrick tools) that can revive a bricked OnePlus Nord N200 5G.

Important: This is only for the T-Mobile variant of the N200. This will not work on the factory unlocked variant and may or may not work for the Metro variant.

Downloads:

11.0.1.5.DE18CB
    Original archive
    Google Drive
    7z format (thanks @edale1)
    AnddoidFileHost
    MEGA
    zip format (thanks @nv270)
    Rethink Files

Also available at https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

Instructions:

Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.

On the login prompt select "Others" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
    Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.

Press Start button so that it waits for your device to be connected
    Power off your device
    Press and hold the volume up and down buttons to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
    Plug your device to your computer.
    Should you not manage to do that and have adb access, you can use adb reboot edl instead
    Wait ~300 seconds.
    Enjoy your brand new device.

FAQ:

Does this work on Mac or on Linux?

Unfortunately no, tool is Windows only. You should need at least Windows 7.

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

How can I check my device project ID?

Use getprop ro.boot.project_name. This however involve having ADB access or access to OxygenOS to use Termux or whatever terminal emulator you prefer.

My device isn't detected

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

If you can't get into EDL mode by hardware keys, you may use adb reboot edl (will require your phone to still have ADB access)

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked above.

MSM tool is stuck on "Sahara communication failed"

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61

Credits:

@Some_Random_Username for help getting files and for the mirror
    @edale1 and @nv270 for repacking and mirroring the files
    @nache2001 for testing the tool out on his device
    OnePlus for the device and OS
    You can try this tutorial. It worked for me on Tmobile, no idea about MetroPCS. Key line is
    Code:
    adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.qualcomm.qti.uim

MSMDownloadTool wipes the entire device and relocks the bootloader if it was unlocked, it doesn't care if you're rooted.
    @Nache and others who have the unlocked version from the oneplus store and have the bootloader locked and phone bricked .. This version will not work with your phone as i just tried it myself today .. hopefully someone gets a hold of the msmdowmload from the tech support ..
    patiently waiting for the unlock :)

Thanks!
    Check the System Update app. There should be an update to "OxygenOS 12" that's a little over 100MB, which is actually an update to OOS 11.0.1.12 (or 11.0.1.11, I can't remember). Install it, and you're good to go to flash Lineage.

I'm not actually sure if there's a way to install official updates from a zip file though. TWRP is incomplete and Lineage Recovery freaks out if you try to sideload and OxygenOS zip.

Thank you for your reply. I had read previously that you or someone here on the forum said something about this, but obviously I don't want to be upgrading to Android 12, and that's exactly what the updater says it's going to do, so I didn't do that.

I went ahead and use the updater... it says it's going to upgrade to Android 12, but indeed it doesn't. It upgraded from 11.0.1.7 to 11.0.1.12.DE18CB, security update 2022-04-01.

The upgrade page said "New version: DE2118_11_C.18" and "Update size: 199 MB".

It would be great to trigger the update locally somehow, but I'm not sure how to do that. All of my attempts to get the system to see the update zip files that I downloaded have failed. Also, trying to install the APKs as written on this post failed too.

Again, thank you.