• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [OPNORDCE][OOS EB13DA] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T, T-Mobile OP7T, regular OP7TPRO, T-Mobile OP7TPro 5G, regular OP8, T-Mobile OP8, Verizon OP8, Visible OP8, OP8Pro, OP Nord, regular OP8T, T-Mobile OP8T, regular OPN10 5G, T-Mobile OPN10 5G, Metro by T-Mobile OPN10 5G, regular OPN100, T-Mobile OPN100 and Metro by T-Mobile OPN100 here is the EDL package (also known as MSM tool or unbrick tool) that can revive a bricked OnePlus Nord CE. Please do note that as of writing only Indian version is available, it may not work for EU devices (feel free to report back if it does).

You should also be able to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS with them if for some reason you want to go back to an older firmware :)

You can download the following version:

EB13DA tools (indian firmware):
ANDROID 11:

OOS 11.0.4.4

Alternative download to AFH will be provided later, MD5 of the file is da34ba81da8ca81c9541ca901f013b09.

Instructions:

Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.

On the login prompt select "Other" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.

Press Start button so that it waits for your device to be connected
Power off your device
Maintain volume up and down buttons to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
Plug your device to your computer.
Should you not manage to do that and have adb access, you can use adb reboot edl instead
Wait ~300 seconds.
Enjoy your brand new device.

FAQ:

Does this work on Mac or on Linux?

Unfortunately no, tool is Windows only. You should need at least Windows 7.

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

My device isn't detected

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

If you can't get into EDL mode by hardware keys, you may use adb reboot edl (will require your phone to still have ADB access)

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked above.

MSM tool is stuck on "Sahara communication failed"

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61

Credits:

@Venkat.Yadlapati for getting 11.0.4.4.EB13DA file from OnePlus and sharing it
Votton for providing onepluscommunityserver.com
OnePlus for the device and OS

Awesome! , is there any plan for native EB2103 ? Or what if i flash this rom to my global device? Someone booted on telegram group with global and i afraid widevine and on screen fingerprint sensor

Got the same worries about my Nord CE EU version

I don't own a Nord CE so can't get files for devices shipping with OOS AA/BA by myself, but I'm fine with providing you instructions on how to do so via DM, just let me know. As for what would happen if you try to use OOS DA MSM, I am under the impression flash would not perform since that's what happened with N10 when trying to crossflash (see attachements in the thread OP)

Reactions: Sony make.belive
Need a global version for unbrik In Indian there is no NFC, but I need it.
If you got an Indian OnePlus Nord CE 5G, then flashing a global ROM probably won't give you access to NFC.
But you can try it out, ROMs are downloadable through this:

Mamay72

Dec 12, 2014
Volgograd
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
If you got an Indian OnePlus Nord CE 5G, then flashing a global ROM probably won't give you access to NFC.
But you can try it out, ROMs are downloadable through this:
I initially had a global version of the firmware out of the box. I ruined my phone and now I want to bring it back to life.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wrote instructions for switching to any version via fastboot https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=1032435&view=findpost&p=109776571
    The instruction is in Russian and on the Russian website. I'm too lazy to translate..
    Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T, T-Mobile OP7T, regular OP7TPRO, T-Mobile OP7TPro 5G, regular OP8, T-Mobile OP8, Verizon OP8, Visible OP8, OP8Pro, OP Nord, regular OP8T, T-Mobile OP8T, regular OPN10 5G, T-Mobile OPN10 5G, Metro by T-Mobile OPN10 5G, regular OPN100, T-Mobile OPN100 and Metro by T-Mobile OPN100 here is the EDL package (also known as MSM tool or unbrick tool) that can revive a bricked OnePlus Nord CE. Please do note that as of writing only Indian version is available, it may not work for EU devices (feel free to report back if it does).

You should also be able to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS with them if for some reason you want to go back to an older firmware :)

You can download the following version:

EB13DA tools (indian firmware):
    ANDROID 11:

OOS 11.0.4.4

Alternative download to AFH will be provided later, MD5 of the file is da34ba81da8ca81c9541ca901f013b09.

Instructions:

Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.

On the login prompt select "Other" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
    Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.

Press Start button so that it waits for your device to be connected
    Power off your device
    Maintain volume up and down buttons to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
    Plug your device to your computer.
    Should you not manage to do that and have adb access, you can use adb reboot edl instead
    Wait ~300 seconds.
    Enjoy your brand new device.

FAQ:

Does this work on Mac or on Linux?

Unfortunately no, tool is Windows only. You should need at least Windows 7.

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

My device isn't detected

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

If you can't get into EDL mode by hardware keys, you may use adb reboot edl (will require your phone to still have ADB access)

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked above.

MSM tool is stuck on "Sahara communication failed"

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61

Credits:

@Venkat.Yadlapati for getting 11.0.4.4.EB13DA file from OnePlus and sharing it
    Votton for providing onepluscommunityserver.com
    OnePlus for the device and OS
    Awesome! , is there any plan for native EB2103 ? Or what if i flash this rom to my global device? Someone booted on telegram group with global and i afraid widevine and on screen fingerprint sensor

I don't own a Nord CE so can't get files for devices shipping with OOS AA/BA by myself, but I'm fine with providing you instructions on how to do so via DM, just let me know. As for what would happen if you try to use OOS DA MSM, I am under the impression flash would not perform since that's what happened with N10 when trying to crossflash (see attachements in the thread OP)
    Wrote instructions for switching to any version via fastboot https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=1032435&view=findpost&p=109776571
    The instruction is in Russian and on the Russian website. I'm too lazy to translate..